PDA

View Full Version : Team Photo

joe
15/10/2001, 6:30 PM
Anyone see the team photo in the programme yesterday. Without wanting to be critical, it wasn't exactly done too well was it? They should get Peader on the case, methinks

Interesting to note that Mark Herrick Greg O'Halloran and Tony Tynan were the only three players not to have sponsors.:D

Neil
16/10/2001, 8:18 AM
Is this on sale in the Club Shop?

Gerry Desmond
16/10/2001, 9:07 AM
Originally posted by neil
Is this on sale in the Club Shop?

Not yet, Neil, but a poster is being done.
Noelle had expected it to be available by now. The order was put in etc etc.
I only hope this country never faces a real emergency because we're not the fastest at doing stuff, are we?

Gerry

Gerry Desmond
16/10/2001, 9:08 AM
Originally posted by joe
Anyone see the team photo in the programme yesterday. Without wanting to be critical, it wasn't exactly done too well was it? They should get Peader on the case, methinks

Interesting to note that Mark Herrick Greg O'Halloran and Tony Tynan were the only three players not to have sponsors.:D

The photo shoot was arranged by Guinness, not CCFC...

Gerry

joe
16/10/2001, 10:38 AM
God help us so. Is this photo going to be the official team photo for the season so? I'd be embarrased to put that up on my wall.

Gerry Desmond
16/10/2001, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by joe
God help us so. Is this photo going to be the official team photo for the season so? I'd be embarrased to put that up on my wall.

I understand that it is... :o

Try using programme covers instead for decoration - all that 'Cork City collection' stuff we've been doing. Oh, I forgot, that would mean cutting the programme even more! You'll just have to start getting a second copy, Joe!!

(Cunning plot to boost sales revealed....)

Gerry

niamh
16/10/2001, 11:40 AM
The Cork City collection photos have certainly brighten my Dublin wall..being a poor student can't afford two copies..so your cunning plan to increase sales will not work with me Gerry!:p

Gerry Desmond
16/10/2001, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by niamh
The Cork City collection photos have certainly brighten my Dublin wall..being a poor student can't afford two copies..so your cunning plan to increase sales will not work with me Gerry!:p

No offence, Niamh, but we were aiming at the affluent section of our support base with that one :D

Gerry

Good to hear you're using them as as ersatz posters all the same...

pete
16/10/2001, 12:58 PM
we were aiming at the affluent section of our support base

You'll want to have a good aim to find them!

;)

Gerry Desmond
17/10/2001, 9:46 AM
Originally posted by rebel

You'll want to have a good aim to find them!

;)

'Twas people like yourself we had in mind, rebel: who can afford to travel so far to HOME games, so they must have pocketfuls of moulah, obviously.... :D
Peadar's another guy...and James when he starts flying in every second weekend. Young guys with loadsa spondoolicks...our target clientele.

Gerry

James
17/10/2001, 1:01 PM
Gerry any word from the commercial dept vis a vis the overseas programme thing, or do i have to bug joe to send them over?

pete
17/10/2001, 1:06 PM
'Twas people like yourself we had in mind, rebel: who can afford to travel so far to HOME games, so they must have pocketfuls of moulah, obviously....

I've travelled to 2 home games so far, i think that tells all...

Celtic Pussy ain't exactely roaring no more :(

James
17/10/2001, 1:09 PM
and James when he starts flying in every second weekend

that'll be the day!!
jeeze Gerry make up your mind. one min i'm a poor student ******* the next I'm flying in every second week.

And ont mind bout t-boy...he'll be off following da boez ( his one true love )

Gerry Desmond
17/10/2001, 2:46 PM
Originally posted by James
Gerry any word from the commercial dept vis a vis the overseas programme thing, or do i have to bug joe to send them over?

Were you serious about that?
Gimme a postal, see what I can do for ya...

Gerry

Gerry Desmond
17/10/2001, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by James

that'll be the day!!
jeeze Gerry make up your mind. one min i'm a poor student ******* the next I'm flying in every second week.

And ont mind bout t-boy...he'll be off following da boez ( his one true love )

Don't recall ever calling you a poor student bastid, James, you must be confusing me with somebody else! Anyway, we all know you lot from west of Bandon are fierce tight with the cash and therefore loaded despite outward appearances....:D

Gerry

James
17/10/2001, 3:08 PM
ROFL :D nice one Gerry
you can take the man out of west cork but you cant take the west cork out of a man, as Micheal Collins used to say! ;)

well b4 i give you my postal I'd first like ot know what kinda price we're talking about, cause I can make other arrangements, if you / the club or going to fleece me ( as if the club would do that he says to himself) but yes I am serious bout getting the programmes, cause despite my attempts at constructive critiscim earlier in the season it is after pats mag ( and they have much more resources anyway )the best matchday effort in the leasgue.

yea maybe you didnt say but one gets so much abuse on this board that after a while it all blends into one, except of course for the priceless wit and insightful comments and suggestions of one scooooooty shedender, who's intelligance and knowledge are unquestionable by all. ;)