PDA

View Full Version : Tom the gom in assault shocker!

Martinho II
29/02/2004, 9:21 AM
Yesterday at the longford ucd game at belfield, a very funny incident occurred at the beginning of the game. Mad Tom assaulted the linesman!

What happened was we were playin on ucd second pitch which meant we were extremely close to the action! As the linesman was running up the touchline, didnt mad tom refuse to get out of his way and thumped him as the linesman was running past!

the game was delayed a few minutes as the linesman received assistance from the town physio! Once the match restarted, as puinshment mad tom went over to the far side and ran into the hedge a few times to collect some stray balls!

What an incident! What a character!

:D

A face
29/02/2004, 4:28 PM
Has anyone got any pics of the guy, he is an eircom League legend !!

max power
29/02/2004, 7:02 PM
we tried to take a picture of him yesterday but he wouldn't still.....i have a new 400mm lense for my camera so i'll get a pic of him in the next few weeks..

there are rumours that rte are planning mad tom idol for later in the year...

also a new dance was invented, its called the mad tom shuffle and it involves franticly moving one elbow all over the place.....while roaring gob sh*te in a fr jack type voice

A face
29/02/2004, 8:45 PM
Originally posted by max power
also a new dance was invented, its called the mad tom shuffle and it involves franticly moving one elbow all over the place.....while roaring gob sh*te in a fr jack type voice

He is mad as a brush !! :D

Macy
01/03/2004, 9:16 AM
Originally posted by MARTINHO II
What an incident! What a character!
What a ******** more like... If it had been shamrocks fans, there would've been calls for the whole club to be chucked out of the league...

max power
01/03/2004, 9:17 AM
eh macy, he's mad.........

MariborKev
01/03/2004, 9:39 AM
Aye but what are ya gonna do Macy- throw Cork Hibs out of League?

the 12 th man
01/03/2004, 9:47 AM
for match report see fr wishy washys e/l general thread

Macy
01/03/2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Maribor
Aye but what are ya gonna do Macy- throw Cork Hibs out of League?
You could ban him from Matches.... If he assulted an official he should be banned from games, mad or not. Think of the message it sends to people (like me) who regularly want to deck match officials for their incompetence (and in games that actually matter as well)....

max power
01/03/2004, 11:01 AM
macy chill.....

Macy
01/03/2004, 11:11 AM
macy chill.....
Couldn't possibly - I'm selling out and trying to give up the smokes (again)...

sadloserkid
01/03/2004, 11:32 AM
Totally agree with Macy, you can't give the match officials a smack, regardless of how much of a cult figure you are. Six-month ban from any eL ground should suffice and at least everybody will know they're supposed to be turning away. :)

max power
01/03/2004, 11:35 AM
shouldn't matter to yee, you might not be in the el........(joke) no there was no fourth offical....so not all was perfect with the officals either

sadloserkid
01/03/2004, 11:39 AM
shouldn't matter to yee, you might not be in the el........(joke)

:eek: Of all the below the belt jibes... :mad: it was kinda funny though :) Ah feck it Max, you know too much about the Simpsons for me to stay mad at you!

Though it hardly justifies a slap being thrown just because there was no fourth official.

max power
01/03/2004, 12:15 PM
i think it was more a fact of mad tom wandering as he does...the linesman looking at the play while running and tom having a sharp elbow.....no malice i feel just a mad man in the right place...he is a legend afterall....watch out for the mad tom thoughts column in a fanzine during the season ( no other fcuker steal that idea now !!! )

pineapple stu
01/03/2004, 12:31 PM
watch out for the mad tom thoughts column in a fanzine during the season ( no other fcuker steal that idea now !!! )

Had a guest column from him two years ago - who's stealing from who now?!:D

Not to mention his Deathmatch against Julian Canny and the ad for the Mad Tom action figure.

Look forward to reading the thoughts though!

max power
01/03/2004, 12:32 PM
was it done in the style of the man mad in the shed from the fast show......

this week i shall mainly be in westmeath !!

pineapple stu
01/03/2004, 12:40 PM
was it done in the style of the man mad in the shed from the fast show......

It was done in the style of @ndy. I don't think that can be described at all!:D

Schumi, do you want to post up the guest column? Should disturb a few people anyway...:D

max power
01/03/2004, 12:43 PM
after our few beers on sat i have a wealth of ideas in my head....and if anyone messes with me candle again there will be hell to pay !!!!!

i have finally decieded on an idea for a t shirt, the prototype is being put together at the mo and i hope to have it ready by the end of the week...

A face
01/03/2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Totally agree with Macy, you can't give the match officials a smack, regardless of how much of a cult figure you are. Six-month ban from any eL ground should suffice and at least everybody will know they're supposed to be turning away. :)

Lads .. you are all over reacting ... the guy is a marbles case.

The wheel is still moving but the hamster is dead type thing.

I wouldn't ban him .... infact we should be getting more of his type to games. :D

The gate is up .... the light is flashing ..... but the train aint coming !! :)

pineapple stu
01/03/2004, 12:59 PM
if anyone messes with me candle again there will be hell to pay !!!!!

:D :D

Schumi
01/03/2004, 2:01 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Schumi, do you want to post up the guest column? Should disturb a few people anyway...:D Here it is. Enjoy!
CELEBRITY GUEST COLUMN
WITH MAD TOM
Argh…wlah…brown dogg shturk…eh, howya boy…I’m Tom. I’ve been to Belfield more times then you fellas have had hot dinners, but jaysis, I’ve been to de Carlisle Grounds more times than I’ve had hot dinners and to Turners Cross more times than I’ve had a wash. I’ve travelled up and down dis ****ary watchin de games of football with Limerick and Cobh Ramblers and Finn Harps and all dem fellas. I even saw Liverpool, a team from a far away place called England, not many ever went there across the raging seas wit de dragons and all dat. Yes Liverpool, big dark fellas dey had...15 foot tall if they were an inch. Der was wan fella be the name of Jones, an his granmuthar was a distint relashin of Brian Farrell from Tuam who makes dem little clocks wit de bells, dey war very famous in der time...did I just make a pun? I suppose it was just a fluke…haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw.
Enyway, it was 14th August 1953 and I was jus a little lad, my father Bernard (people used say to me he was mad and to run away in the night but he was always great to me) took me to de game, an he was tellin me about a game on de same day in Sligo in 1924 where a piece of paper blew over de goalkeeper’s eyes wen he was in goal for a penalty and he died of claustrophobia but still saved it, when all of a sudden he remembered dat today was Billy Healy, a good old friend from Bishopstown’s 97th birthday and he’d forgot to send a card so he said to wait by the gate and he’d be back in 5 minutes. Dat was de last time I saw my father.
Well anyway, gud luck to both teams today. I think if tradition holds true and judging by the fact dat every game on this date in the last 49 years with a team with a “U” in the name has finished with a scoreline of at least 2-2 we should see goals today and der should be at least 250 cups of soup sold but no more than 316, and of course der was de incident of Phillip Manless from Killarney who had an unfortunate stammer and his wife…(to read finished article please follow Tom around pitch perimeter for game and listen very carefully. Unfortunately this is all we can print…thanks Tom.)

Macy
01/03/2004, 2:37 PM
The knob doesn't deserve the publicity or the eL idol status.....

Tom the Gom - OUT!

max power
01/03/2004, 2:40 PM
macy go and have a fag and chill....