PDA

View Full Version : Fine two nil victory for Town at Belfield

Martinho II
29/02/2004, 9:14 AM
Last saturday, town came out of belfield with an easy two nil victory. A Pip keogh screamer from thirty yards and a barry ferguson penalty achieved a fairly comfortable victory for the Town. College had one or two chances near the end but digger played fierce well.

The two major highlights from the game was Tom the Gom assualting the linesman! What happened was it was ucds second pitch that we were on and everyone was very close to the touchline. As the linesman was running down the line, didnt tom the gom get in his way and throttled him in the face! Priceless or what! The game was delayed for a good few minutes as the linesman got assistance from the town physio! As punishment mad tom was sent to the far side to get some balls that got into the ditch!

The second highlight was Darragh Sheridan cumin on as sub and what he said when he was near us. As he was about to pass the ball, he shouted out 'hey dackie' and we burst our holes laughing as we thought he said 'hey darkie'

:D

pineapple stu
29/02/2004, 6:20 PM
Originally posted by MARTINHO II
we thought he said 'hey darkie'

He was throwing to Eric Lavine, to make it better!

Digger was rubbish yesterday! Nearly cost yez two goals when he dropped a cross on Robbie Mac's head and kicked fresh air to nearly let Bambi Gallen in!

Xlex
01/03/2004, 11:52 AM
Hey Marty, Have you the team lineout?

max power
01/03/2004, 12:13 PM
from what i remember...

digger

murph barry gartland prunty

martin pip vinny baker

keegan francis

Longfordian
01/03/2004, 2:22 PM
Dillon was alongside Barry, Garto was injured, as was McGovern. Subs used was everyone except Dempsey, Gary Cassin and Paisley not in the squad..

max power
01/03/2004, 2:24 PM
i did plan to shot dempsey but mad tom kept getting in the way.....

Schumi
01/03/2004, 2:28 PM
Why did that stop you shooting? :D

max power
01/03/2004, 2:38 PM
i didn't have a silver bullet to kill him, i don't feel normal bullets would have done the job, plus would you like him haunting you....

Schumi
01/03/2004, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by max power
plus would you like him haunting you.... For the greater good max, for the greater good!

max power
01/03/2004, 2:43 PM
no no, i could thing of others who deserve it even more...judas for one......

the 12 th man
01/03/2004, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by max power
i didn't have a silver bullet to kill him, i don't feel normal bullets would have done the job, plus would you like him haunting you....

it was the fr murphys first experience of the gom and he remarked that he thought that tom was a "parafin lamp"/(tramp)
(his appearance had all the hallmarks of someone sleeping
(very) rough.

a bath in holy water was suggested
:eek:

Martinho II
01/03/2004, 9:29 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
Hey Marty, Have you the team lineout?

got this from longfordtownfc.com

Longford Town: Stephen O'Brien; Alan Murphy, Barry Ferguson, Sean Dillon, Sean Prunty; Dessie Baker, Philip Keogh, Vinny Perth, John Martin; Sean Francis, Paul Keegan.
Subs: Eric Lavine, Darragh Sheridan, Adrian Murphy, Gary Murphy, Michael Dempsey, Brian Byrne, Alan Kirby.