PDA

View Full Version : Blackash P&R

crc
28/02/2004, 10:49 PM
I don't know if anyone has already thought of this already.
Would CCFC be able to negotiate an arrangement with the City Council to use the new Park and Ride Car Park off the Kinsale Rd on match days?

The car park currently closes at 7.30pm (i.e. around the same time as City games start). Keeping it open for a couple of hours extra once a fortnight would be of benefit to the Council (I think they own it), because they could generate extra revenue (by charging fans €1 - €2) and for City by facilitating (more) fans getting to the ground.

It could also help with the redevelopment of TX, because to get planning permission for stadium infrastructure requires adequate car parking space (I think).

The only slight problem is that the footpath between the Car Park and the Curragh Rd is not in great condition.

===================

While I'm thinking of it - what would be the feasability of running busses on matchdays to/from the ground and outlying areas (Northside, Ballincollig, Bishopstown, Mahon, etc..)?

A face
28/02/2004, 11:52 PM
man ... that is a great idea ... Munster could do it too !!

If it were free ... i'd do it myself. Shuttle but to the cross would be circa 4 mins .. maybe 3. Now that you cant complain with.

The only way you could run buses from suburbs is if you knew the bus would fill.

pete
01/03/2004, 9:32 AM
I heard somewhere the council were gonna change things so need to pay for disc onstreet parking during city games - any truth in that? They already charging for onstreet parking around UCC up to 8.30pm which wouldn't even see in dubland.

:eek: