PDA

View Full Version : Tickets on sale now at the Showgrounds

Pages : [1] 2 3

Brian Boru
05/11/2009, 5:48 PM
Lads cup final tickets are on sale now up at the Showgrounds until 9PM.

red bellied
05/11/2009, 6:35 PM
They werent asking for season tickets, bit of queue and it was fairly slow moving.

Bravo
05/11/2009, 6:39 PM
Covered seated section available for the 'singers' no children in that section i.e. all €25....afaik all kids tickets are sold out for the covered section.

SligoBrewer
05/11/2009, 6:42 PM
How many kids are season ticket holders.

sligo23
05/11/2009, 6:45 PM
They werent asking for season tickets.
:rolleyes:

celticV3
05/11/2009, 6:57 PM
They weren't limited to 2 per person, the mother got 5 tickets there.

mint sauce
05/11/2009, 7:01 PM
got my two

:)

sligobhoy67
05/11/2009, 7:02 PM
They weren't limited to 2 per person, the mother got 5 tickets there.

indeed - my cousin picked up 5 tix as well

lowroadrover
05/11/2009, 7:16 PM
Yeah my Mum picked up 3 adult and 1 kids ticket for me as i am in galway. she was never asked for a season ticket even though I have one. you wouldn't need to believe too much the club says .

mint sauce
05/11/2009, 7:20 PM
wasn't asked to show my season ticket either

roversforever
05/11/2009, 7:30 PM
Does anybody know when or how the singing section tickets are being distributed?i emailed forza asking for tickets but got no reply so if they have none for me i want to get to the ground early tomorrow to get ordinary tickets

celticV3
05/11/2009, 7:38 PM
Does anybody know when or how the singing section tickets are being distributed?i emailed forza asking for tickets but got no reply so if they have none for me i want to get to the ground early tomorrow to get ordinary tickets
Members of Forza Rovers who have given their name have tickets that can be paid for tomorrow.
Those who are not members but want tickets for the singing section can get them from the club. There was tickets being sold for the singing section tonight.

mint sauce
05/11/2009, 7:45 PM
when i was over ealier they were just inviting people who wanted a uncovered seat or a seat in the singing secton to the front

sligoman
05/11/2009, 8:16 PM
Heard the stand is more or less sold out. Bucket seats left.

red metal
05/11/2009, 8:46 PM
Good man kevin L i asked you yesterday were tickets on sale for the public and you said no only to season ticket holders and the 400 club and johnny chadda trust!Now i hear anybody could have just walked up and got them no hassle no need to show season tickets or anythings whats the the story tere man????????

sligoman
05/11/2009, 8:50 PM
Good man kevin L i asked you yesterday were tickets on sale for the public and you said no only to season ticket holders and the 400 club and johnny chadda trust!Now i hear anybody could have just walked up and got them no hassle no need to show season tickets or anythings whats the the story tere man????????As always with Rovers, flash the money and rules go out the window.

Very poorly organised I have to say, some people got 7/8 tickets tonight, so much for a limit.

mint sauce
05/11/2009, 8:54 PM
Good man kevin L i asked you yesterday were tickets on sale for the public and you said no only to season ticket holders and the 400 club and johnny chadda trust!Now i hear anybody could have just walked up and got them no hassle no need to show season tickets or anythings whats the the story tere man????????

dont think you can blame kevin red metal, even the club website is advertising season ticket holders, the 400 club and johnny chadda trust members tonight and tomorrow day time

Red4Eva
05/11/2009, 9:01 PM
not very happy that me and my season ticket could only get an uncovered seat ticket tonight. i'll probably be getting soaked behind the goal at my 48th game of the season and there'll be some culchies sitting in the stand at their 2nd game of the season

MMVIII
05/11/2009, 9:11 PM
not very happy that me and my season ticket could only get an uncovered seat ticket tonight. i'll probably be getting soaked behind the goal at my 48th game of the season and there'll be some culchies sitting in the stand at their 2nd game of the season

AFAIK, there'll be one hundred singing section tickets on sale tomorrow.

showgies
05/11/2009, 9:15 PM
ticket could only get an uncovered seat ticket tonight.

Disgraceful....:mad:

red metal
05/11/2009, 9:28 PM
As always with Rovers, flash the money and rules go out the window.

Very poorly organised I have to say, some people got 7/8 tickets tonight, so much for a limit.

nothing new tere then sligoman!

But all these questions were put to him yesterday!Right put it like this we get 2000 genuine suporters every game!And lets just say 1000 of them are made up of season ticket holder,s members of the 400 club and johnny chadda trust!So all the sunshine supporters can walk up tere tonight and tomorrow morning and pick up as many tickets as they want!would it not have made more sense to look after the season ticket holder members of the 400 club and johnny chadda trust only like was stated!And the rest be sold tomorrow inside the ground which would mean all these sunshiners would have to go to the game with Drogheda tomorrow evening .Which would mean extra revenue.That the club could do with.I just cant understand tere way of thinking at all!

Well Red
05/11/2009, 9:30 PM
What price are the tickets ?

mint sauce
05/11/2009, 9:31 PM
prehaps their just trying to get the allocation sold quick so the FAI will give us more or any unsold fingal tickets

Rovers Maniac
05/11/2009, 9:37 PM

Plenty of townies that were not in the Showgrounds this season will up there as well buck. Anyway i thought you were from Strandhill? :p

Friend of mine picked one up for me as i could not make it tonight, other than that i would be in there with you. Only good thing is that you will be in there with just Rovers fans.

red metal
05/11/2009, 9:38 PM
prehaps their just trying to get the allocation sold quick so the FAI will give us more or any unsold fingal tickets

I understand that Mint sauce!But dont say one thing and do the total opposite!As far as im concerned we still wont have enough tickets and genuine supporters like me and you will be left with out tickets!

Jeebus

And what happens if the FAI refuse to put more seats in?? there's no guarantee that they will

celticV3
What price are the tickets ?
€25 Covered
€20 Uncovered
€10 for children

celticV3
05/11/2009, 9:40 PM
I understand that Mint sauce!But dont say one thing and do the total opposite!As far as im concerned we still wont have enough tickets and genuine supporters like me and you will be left with out tickets!
To be Fair Kevin L wasn't there tonight so couldn't enforce what he said as he wasn't there.
If it is the case that sunshiners get in at the expense of supporters who have been there all season it would be shame, but tbh theres 2,500 sunshiner tickets to go on sale so they aren't going to sell out in one night.

CF1989
05/11/2009, 9:49 PM
im sorry, but the club have been disgraceful tonight. around 3,000 tickets sold. are you telling us theres 1,500 season ticket holders? id say not a lot more than 500. i know someone who got 7 tickets. wtf is the story there?
im lucky i had one booked with the forza lads but for people like red 4 eva to not get into the stand is a f**cking disgrace. people like this have been at every game home and away this season, including albania. yet the idiots selling tickets there tonight refused to check season tickets and refused to restrict it to 2 per person. how mnay sunshiners, first timers have got tickets for the stand tonight ahead of season ticket holders and die hard supporters?

i know everyone who reads this within the club know who i am, i couldnt care less, its an absolute disgrace from whoever was selling the tickets/whoever gave them the OK to do what happened tonight

mint sauce
05/11/2009, 9:50 PM

its not right, i agree with ya, tbh, i dont think there was ever going to be enough to please the season ticket holders, the 400 club members etc, the sunshiners and the bar stolers. you just have to look at the numbers who went to the semi final plus the interest that the final is now bringing

And what happens if the FAI refuse to put more seats in?? there's no guarantee that they will

there is always that possibility, theres only so much space available

To be Fair Kevin L wasn't there tonight so couldn't enforce what he said as he wasn't there.
If it is the case that sunshiners get in at the expense of supporters who have been there all season it would be shame, but tbh theres 2,500 sunshiner tickets to go on sale so they aren't going to sell out in one night.

is there 2,500 on sale tommorrow night or is it what ever is left, whats the numbers for the season tickets holders, 400, jonny chadda fund, etc, combined with the x2 entitlement

celticV3
05/11/2009, 10:01 PM
is there 2,500 on sale tommorrow night or is it what ever is left, whats the numbers for the season tickets holders, 400, jonny chadda fund, etc, combined with the x2 entitlement
Who knows now how they are going to be sold. I'd imagine the remainder will be sold at the game, but seeing as season ticket holders had a chance to to get there tickets tomorrow then what's stopping more people landing up and getting tickets without being season ticket holders and the remainder of tickets being a lot smaller than that at the game tomorrow.

Its just a simple case of the club again being unprofessional.

red metal
05/11/2009, 10:02 PM

It has to be a committee decision to decide how the tickets are allocated its not up to Kevin L. so who ever was selling the tickets should have knowing this.Im ****ing ripping to say the least

celticV3
05/11/2009, 10:06 PM
It has to be a committee decision to decide how the tickets are allocated its not up to Kevin L. so who ever was selling the tickets should have knowing this.Im ****ing ripping to say the least
Your right though. I came up from college early to make sure of my ticket and was waiting with family members to wait while they got theirs. Couldn't believe it when they were allowing anyone buy a ticket. Knew the second I got there they were because the line was massive so people were obviously getting as many as they could afford and telling friends and others to come down to get theirs. If there ends up being a lack of tickets and no extra seating there'll be war over this.

red metal
05/11/2009, 10:40 PM
The club did them selfs no favour tonight thats for sure!

thesilverfox
05/11/2009, 10:45 PM
had my ticket booked to get tomorrow but have to say i wasnt there tonight but this doesnt surprise me

the whole thing had shambles written all over it when i was talking to a friend of mine who said they were entitled to 6 tickets as they had a season ticket, were a shareholder and in the 400 club. now i know this person is very decent and would not take advantage of such a flawed system but im sure others werent.

the two ticket per person scenario might not have been easy to uphold but anyone who bought a ticket should have had to produce a season ticket. its common sense. feel very sorry for red metal who i know as a hardcore fan and to any other proper fans who feel aggrieved.

but as i said this is rovers were on about and as a group nothing surprises me with them. that being said i dont think one person should be getting the brunt of the blame here.

CF1989
05/11/2009, 10:47 PM
Fare play to Geoffrey and kevin without them id have been witout anything

d rovers
05/11/2009, 10:51 PM
:mad:
A total disgrace. Whoever was in charge tonight ought to be ashamed. What chance of getting a ticket before the game on friday night? Will they be sold off all day friday to anyone who has the cash or will the club belatedly enforce their own regulations. At this stage would you believe any statement the club make on sale of tickets? Personally it'd be a big no for me on that one.

pcsligo
05/11/2009, 11:04 PM
A fooking shambles!!!! Is stand def sold out?

My Dad, season ticket holder, is heading in 2mor afternoon assuming that tickets are not on general sale until tomorrow evening, and expecting to get the 2 stand tickets he is entitled to. Is he wasting his time? If so its a disgrace that a season ticket holder in his sixties will have to make do with uncovered temporary seating while a shower of sunshiners take up the stand!

I'll have to take my chances with tickets when I arrive down from Dublin at 7 or so!!!

srfc1928
05/11/2009, 11:07 PM
Fare play to Geoffrey and kevin without them id have been witout anything
Yeah fair play to the two lads, without them id have no ticket myself.
I had plans this evening so i said i'd go up tomorrow to get my 2 tickets i was entitled to, Being a season ticket holder and 400 club member.
So if I didnt have a ticket booked through the Trust, I'd have no ticket.

Very shortsighted, and biting the hand that feeds you are two phrases that spring to mind

Shiba
05/11/2009, 11:18 PM
Even do I got my tickets(Well my mother did),The way the whole thing was handle is wrong.I only found out at 8:45pm thanks to facebook.Got my tickets at 9pm. Tomorrow night at the match was where they should have been sold.There was no check done for season tickets etc tonight.So the sunshiners dont even have to attend the game tomorrow night.as red metal said the genuine supporters may miss out or at least be worried bout missing out.The question was asked of club officials who said they were not for sale to the public till friday.Again the club has F**kup and left the real supporter sitting on the bench.

On another noted why was tallaght the best option for a final if it is only covered on one side and no fan zones on either end! Surely Tolka or even athlones ground would be more fan friendly.

pcsligo
05/11/2009, 11:18 PM
Why bother their holes updating the official website with a statement when they go and to the total opposite! Who was doing the selling in the ground tonight?

red metal
05/11/2009, 11:43 PM
Lads im not worried that i wont get a ticket because i will!Its the fact that the first tickets were to go to Season ticket holders 400 club and johnny chadda trust!And that the rest were to be sold inside the ground at the drogheda game!were we would of having a massive crowd ie extra revenue because the sunshiners would have had to pay €15 to get in just to buy tere cup final tickets.

bingoballs
05/11/2009, 11:52 PM
I hope they aren't sold out by tomorrow evenin!

srfc1928
06/11/2009, 12:29 AM
Same old story, plan to be professional and act amateur.

Thanks to Kevin and Geoff who went out of there way to make sure the people who deserve the best tickets get them.

Selling a person 7 tickets and then someone like Red4Eva not getting a seated ticket?!?! Money first , supporters second. Getting to the cup final is a great achievement, stuff like this is why we'll never be able to compete with the big boys.
have to agree with this
Its decisions like tonights that damage clubs in the long term, chasing a fast buck with no thought to the past or future, just here and now.
Its a shame that this happened because the club has never been better run.
There are some great people involved but someone took it up themselves to make a decision that was wrong.

Im really gutted for red4eva and red metal at not getting tickets but fear these guys are a small drop in the ocean. We are only hearing about these lads because they are members of this forum.

dong
06/11/2009, 12:34 AM
On another noted why was tallaght the best option for a final if it is only covered on one side and no fan zones on either end! Surely Tolka or even athlones ground would be more fan friendly.

Tallaght has a stand either side for the past two months I would say.
Not the best place for the final. There should be no question of getting tickets for this game. RDS would have been sound.
Must say I'm hugely disappointed with what has gone on with the tickets.
I'll be down tomorrow night in the showgrounds where I've been most Saturday nights this year. Safe in the knowledge some cnut who couldn't name a player has my stand ticket in his pocket at home. Nice one.

dong
06/11/2009, 12:36 AM
I hope they aren't sold out by tomorrow evenin!

You and me both.

Kevin L
06/11/2009, 1:43 AM
First of all I had nothing to do with the selling of the tickets and I dont know the exact figures but I wont be too far away.
Since the semi final and even before it, everybody knew including the dogs in the street that more than likely there would be a huge demand for tickets and demand would outstrip supply. You then had the campaign by the Trust(a very good one) looking for more tickets, you had the various pieces in the paper plus the numerous pages on Foot about the potential shortage of tickets, so everybody had enough warning that there would be a huge demand for tickets.

People Entitled to tickets tonite were the 400 Club Members, Season Ticket Members, Johnny Chadda Members, Volunteers and Shareholders. Everybody was entitled to 2 tickets each per category, so If I am a season ticket holder and a 400 Club member, then I was entitled to 4 tickets.
There are approx 420 400 Club Members, between 4 and 500 Season ticket holders, maybe 400 Shareholders, 15/16 Johnny Chadda Members and 50/60 Volunteers/Staff.
On top of that, you have Match Sponsors, Player Sponsors, Club Sponsors and the players themselves.
We also have a number of junior and youth clubs who take a certain number of tickets each home game-I'm sure they got a few per club. I also kept 200 aside for the signing section.
When you add all that up, there aint too much left.
Our stand holds between 2,800 and 3,000, so do the maths.

I queried the point about checking the season ticket holders- all the season ticket holders go through the same stile each home game. The season tickets are sold and distributed by one man plus himself and 2 others work that stile and would know the majority of season ticket holders to see and by name. That is why the majority of people weren't checked. If I was selling the tickets tonite and somebody asked for 2 adults and a kid, I would have given them the tickets no problem. I dont think I would have handed out 7 tickets but I bet if it was checked out, then you might find that they were entitled to them.
We were always only going to be able to fit in 2,800/3,000 in the covered stand and there was always going to be people disapointed.
The committee are working really hard and I dont think there was really much else we could do.If anybody has any suggestions, then feel free to write in to the Club and we will look at it. Criticism as long as it is constructive is good but I dont see any point in coming on here giving out for the sake of giving out.

Let's see can we sort out the lads out that are cheesed off

ID:
As I explained, anybody that wasn't known to the lads selling were asked for proof. Unless I have exact proof that people got tickets who weren't members of the above categories, then there isn't a lot I can do.

No per person:
Maybe there was a bit of leeway given.

Red Metal:
You have my number - you can easily give me a call and I'll hold 2 for you in the singing section - no audition required.
Your figures are out in relation to the above categories.
Unless you have specific names of people who got tickets who were not in one of the above categories, then there is not a lot I can do.

Sligoman:
Can you be specific and let me know who got 8 tickets and can you be sure they were not entitled to them? You have my number or you can PM me.

Silverfox:
Your friend was correct-he was entitled to 6 tickets.
In relation to RedMetal, it's up to him to get on the dog and bone and I'll sort him out.

DRovers:
If you are there tomorrow night @ 6.30 pm, you will get a ticket - no problem.

RedForEva:
What time did you go to get you ticket? One of the lads selling came to our meeting around 8.30pm and there was still covered seats left.
Either way if you want tickets in the singing section, let me know and I'll hold one for we.
We are also selling Sligo Rovers Umbrellas for 5 euro - your choice!!

CF1989:
Can you be specific and let me know who got 7 tickets and can you be sure they were not entitled to them? You have my number or you can PM me.
I think I have gone through the figures in relation to the categories already but give me a buzz if my maths dont add up.

PC Sligo:
In fairness, there was no way he ever going to get a stand ticket going in tomorrow afternoon and you should have advised him of same.
If he wants 2 tickets for the singing section, I can organise it for him.Give me a buzz - I might even get Tohers to sponsor a set of earplugs for him because some of the signing lads will be out of tune.
He was entitled to buy 2 tickets as a season ticket holder but not guaranteed a seat in the stand.

SRFC1928:
You can still go up tomorrow and buy your tickets-no problem.
RedMetal?RedForEva will get sorted-they know what to do.

Shiba:
I wonder did the lads selling the tickets know your mother-maybe that's why they didn't ask for proof.
FAI picked the stadium, not us.

RoryH:
Can you be specific and let me know who got 7 tickets and can you be sure they were not entitled to them? You have my number or you can PM me.
As I said RedforEva will get a ticket if he wants one.

A. Dolan:
As I said RedforEva and ReDMetal will get a ticket if they want one.

Dong2008:
If you want a ticket, give me a shout.

ALSO:

- Ticketmaster are selling 600 tickets tomorrow, first come first served.
- There are a small number of singing section tickets left.
- Hopefully Fingal might return some of their allocation.
- If we sell out tomorrow night, we will look for more but no guarantees.
- Get the number of Robert McDonald of the ad in the Fingal Independant!!

Everybody who looks for a ticket will get sorted one way or another. For the record, there are loads of unpaid jobs going involving Sligo Rovers so feel free to give me a shout. Also if you are not happy with the way things are being run, then you have the option of going on the committee.
Everybody on the committee is working hard but there is always room for more people but it will involve a lot of hard work.

Any ideas/suggestions, get them out there and we will look at them.

Hopefully, I have answered the majority of questions.

celticV3
06/11/2009, 3:27 AM
Kevin, the mother was up there tonight and when she asked how many tickets was she allowed get she was told "How many do you want?", sums it up really.
There are a lot of people who put great work in and deserve a ticket, but surely you can see that they would not all have come up together in the first hour or so to get tickets. People were arriving, getting tickets without producing season tickets and getting on the phone to others to come down and get their tickets.
MMG was nearly hoarse shouting the instructions out to the line of people, if she had just shouted season ticket holders only i'm certain half the crowd would have walked away.

red arrow
06/11/2009, 6:25 AM
i must commed k. lydon for his total commitment to the cause & the answers that he gave people here . i also want to clear up a statement that was made hear regarding the club "making a quick buck" on selling the tickets. the club does not get one red cent from the "gate " money only the prize money of 100k if we win the cup & 75k if we loose it.

Kevin L
06/11/2009, 7:47 AM
Celtic V,

Is you Mum a member of any of the above categories?
Are you a member? Were all the tickets adults?

When U2 have a concert sale and the tickets go on sale @ 9am or whenever, they are sold out fairly quickly and there always going to be disappointment. If you go looking for a U2 ticket @ 11am, you wont get one.

The same when Next have their sale @ 5am, and you arrive in @ 11am looking for a bargain and it aint there.

The early bird catches the worm.
It was late Monday evening when the ticket allocation was finalised and we only got the tickets yesterday morning.
You have to remember that everybody on the committee are all volunteers and I think thr people selling the tickets did a very good job.
It mightn't be a perfect way of doing, but if people have a better way of doing things, please let us know.

If you really feel this strong about it Celtic V, then maybe you should go to your Mum and say to her that she shouldn't really have got those tickets and she should return them to the Club so that genuine supporters can avail of them.

You can give me a call if you want me to collect them off you.

You are definitely wrong when you say half the people that got tickets tonight were not of those categories. If you have names, please let me know.