PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland reserves

gally
04/11/2009, 5:06 PM
Apparently they played last night, and according to a friend of mine, David Meyler was outstanding in centre mid, plus Roy O'Donovan scored a hattrick, I have a very good feeling about this lad Meyler, I saw his last reserve game against Man Utd, they lost 1 v 0, although he looked extremely comfortable on the ball, and very strong, he has also been on the bench for the past couple of first team games, and Steve Bruce was watching last night...

Acornvilla
04/11/2009, 6:04 PM
roy o donovan for ireland :)

galwayjames
04/11/2009, 6:10 PM
He had a lot of promise when he left which never materialised but hopefully he's getting to grips with England.

Acornvilla
04/11/2009, 6:58 PM
He had a lot of promise when he left which never materialised but hopefully he's getting to grips with England.
hes had a lot of injury problems hasnt he?

Predator
04/11/2009, 10:09 PM
Was Patrick McEleney playing? He's probably playing with Sunderland's U18s but should be making the step up to the reserves soon.

tetsujin1979
04/11/2009, 10:53 PM
Was Patrick McEleney playing? He's probably playing with Sunderland's U18s but should be making the step up to the reserves soon.
Nope, McEleney wasn't in the side
Conor Hourihane and Liam O'Mahoney were unused subs for Sunderland
Sam Sheridan and Mark Connolly were in the Bolton side

Sunderland review: http://www.safc.com/news/slick-odonovan-fires-treble-20091103_2256213_1846060
Bolton review: http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/Reserves/0,,1004~1846118,00.html

GypsyBlackCat
05/11/2009, 12:11 PM
Apparently they played last night, and according to a friend of mine, David Meyler was outstanding in centre mid, plus Roy O'Donovan scored a hattrick, I have a very good feeling about this lad Meyler, I saw his last reserve game against Man Utd, they lost 1 v 0, although he looked extremely comfortable on the ball, and very strong, he has also been on the bench for the past couple of first team games, and Steve Bruce was watching last night...

Bruce has high hopes for Meyler. He's been impressed by him. I think with Bruce the younger players will get a chance, just look at Jordan Henderson, plus with a small squad and Cattermole and Zenden injured he could get his chance soon enough.

As for O'Donovan, I'll say he'll be peddle out come January. I think he needs a fresh start. Jones is out and Campbell a doubt, he could make the bench for Saturday.

Closed Account
28/12/2009, 2:37 PM
First premier league start for Meyler today. Murphy gets a rare chance also

tricky_colour
28/12/2009, 5:44 PM
I've never heard of him, anyway andy Reid on the bench, and David Mehler starts!
"Enjoyed his debut in the engine room " is sky sports rating.
Seems he is a 6'2 midfielder.
Anyway it seems it was an "injury hit Sunderland", so maybe why he started.
Bruce said "he thought he did very very well", "great debut".
Hope to see him on motd.

Colbert Report
28/12/2009, 6:33 PM
Bruce has high hopes for Meyler. He's been impressed by him. I think with Bruce the younger players will get a chance, just look at Jordan Henderson, plus with a small squad and Cattermole and Zenden injured he could get his chance soon enough.

As for O'Donovan, I'll say he'll be peddle out come January. I think he needs a fresh start. Jones is out and Campbell a doubt, he could make the bench for Saturday.

I heard an interview with O'Donovan today. He says that he's determined to stay at Sunderland and fight for his place. Translation: he knows he's on far bigger money than he's worth and he's going nowhere until his fat contract runs out. Can't say I blame him. He'll likely end up back in the LOI or maybe in League 2 playing for five hundred pounds a week, if he's lucky.

bwagner
28/12/2009, 10:00 PM
Michael Liddle was also on the bench today - irish leftback - was at Carlise for a while on loan

drummerboy
29/12/2009, 11:24 AM
I've never heard of him, anyway andy Reid on the bench, and David Mehler starts!
"

Andy Reid was injured, thats another Reid on Sunderland's book.