PDA

View Full Version : Shirt sponsor

Poor Student
01/11/2009, 9:17 AM
I've just been thinking, would getting back into the Premier Division enable us to attract a paying shirt sponsor? I still don't quite fully understand how we've ended no paying sponsor at all, surely any income no matter how miniscule is welcome. That's not a criticism of the club or anything, as I say, I don't know the full story.

John83
01/11/2009, 4:42 PM
Well it won't hurt, but businesses are looking for value in their marketing at the moment.

Martinho II
01/11/2009, 5:14 PM
I thought lads that ye already had a sponsor on yer jersies this season?:confused:

John83
01/11/2009, 5:37 PM
I thought lads that ye already had a sponsor on yer jersies this season?:confused:
The UCD High Performance Centre logo. We lost the Budweiser deal at the end of last year (at least in part, I think, because we couldn't stick it on kid sized jerseys any more). The HPC is closing too, I think.

pineapple stu
03/11/2009, 8:44 AM
The club were trying for a few things; I think Meteor were interested at one stage. AFAIK, we also budgeted for some form of shirt sponsor this season, so it seems like we expect to rectify that. I think we're also not the only club in the league without jersey sponsorship either; the recession makes it harder, and we don't have the local rapport to do a local business draw unfortunately.