PDA

View Full Version : Back-to-back champions

Pages : [1] 2

BohDiddley
31/10/2009, 5:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/BOHSTV#p/a/u/1/80KSL13hO5E :D

Mr A
31/10/2009, 5:50 PM
Fair play to Bohs, retaining the title is a major achievement and they held off a very strong Rovers challenge.

SligoBrewer
31/10/2009, 5:59 PM
Am I the only one who sees Shams beating Pats by 25 goals a distinct possibilty?

Ezeikial
31/10/2009, 6:00 PM
Credit where it is due - players and manager deserve a lot of credit for winning back-to-back titles.

Bohs fans - enjoy the moment but be carefull on the "gloating stakes" - the understandable backlash on how the team was assembled will surely follow.

On the interviews Keegan is bang on saying "we have a great squad of players" and Fenlon is correct to say "great credit to the players".

Although I think Brian Murphy might be catching some of delusional hype when he says there would be "no league without Bohs (or Rovers)"

JC_GUFC
31/10/2009, 6:05 PM
Am I the only one who sees Shams beating Pats by 25 goals a distinct possibilty?

No, but you're the only one who thinks Bray will beat Bohs again!

BohDiddley
31/10/2009, 6:35 PM
No, but you're the only one who thinks Bray will beat Bohs again!

Thanks JC, although our lot could be forgiven for being a bit distracted next week!

Incidentally, unless it's been said elsewhere, and I think I can comfortably claim to speak for Bohs fans everywhere, can you pass on my heartfelt thanks to the one and only Aaron Greene!

SMorgan
31/10/2009, 6:56 PM
Surely they won't be Champions until the bean-counters take a look at the books.

paudie
31/10/2009, 7:02 PM
cONGRATS to Bohs

Celdrog
31/10/2009, 8:07 PM
Surely they won't be Champions until the bean-counters take a look at the books.Same here - great achievement, but when all their barmen are actually playing in the CL next season then they will be back to back champions.

jestein
31/10/2009, 11:22 PM
Traveling to ireland. What soccer match should I see?

What team should I see? I will be there the weekend of November 6th. I want to see a match that will be sold-out and fun. I have no idea about teams or divisions or anything like that. I also have the option to see frank warren presents championship boxing in belfast November 6th. Would that be more fun than soccer?

Martinho II
01/11/2009, 4:51 PM
congrats to Bohs on their win again.. It showed some character to come back from losing in Tallaght.. I really hope they can get through the season unscathed otherwise we could be meeting ye next season!

peadar1987
01/11/2009, 5:28 PM

What team should I see? I will be there the weekend of November 6th. I want to see a match that will be sold-out and fun. I have no idea about teams or divisions or anything like that. I also have the option to see frank warren presents championship boxing in belfast November 6th. Would that be more fun than soccer?

You have a choice between:

Bray against Bohemians
Galway against Cork
Dundalk against Derry
St. Pat's against Shamrock Rovers
Sligo against Drogheda United

Out of those games I would recommend St. Pat's against Shamrock Rovers, at Richmond Park in Dublin, as there is a big rivalry between the teams, and because St. Pat's still have something left to play for.

If you can't make that, then I'd suggest the Galway against Cork game. Galway need to win to make sure they don't have to face a relegation playoff, and the city itself is worth a visit.

As to whether you go to the boxing or not, that depends entirely on whether or not you like boxing more than you like football. For all I care, I could be being paid in chocolate to watch Mike Tyson fight Mohammed Ali on a Friday night, I'd still choose watching Bray. It would appear that the vast majority of normal people in Ireland have the opposite view!

fionnsci
01/11/2009, 5:48 PM

Definitely St Pats V Shamrock Rovers in Inchicore, Dublin. There will be a big crowd and a good atmosphere but you will need to buy your ticket the day before probably. You can get there by tram from the city centre.

If not I'd say Bray V Bohemians, the championship trophy will be presented
and Bohemians should have a big crowd. You can get the DART there from Dublin city centre.

sligoman
01/11/2009, 5:54 PM
Traveling to ireland. What soccer match should I see?Finn Harps Vs. Monaghan, definitely.

thischarmingman
01/11/2009, 5:56 PM

Man City v Burnley,

3pm Saturday, first round's on you.

Rovers1
01/11/2009, 6:13 PM

Come to Sligo. We have Daniel & Franny Ventre.

Ezeikial
01/11/2009, 7:10 PM

If you prefer the short team stuff - take in the game at Oriel Park Dundalk.

This is a competition within a competition and the prize at stake is a place in the Guinness Book of Records for the most red cards. Nearly all the Dundalk lads are up for it, but it seems that of the Derry team only Clive Delaney really understands what it's all about. Expect things to be fairly one-sided (thats really the whole point of it all)

galwayhoop
03/11/2009, 4:47 PM
Definitely St Pats V Shamrock Rovers in Inchicore, Dublin. There will be a big crowd and a good atmosphere but you will need to buy your ticket the day before probably. You can get there by tram from the city centre.

get on at the sackville street stop, beside nelson's pillar...

dfx-
03/11/2009, 5:31 PM

Based on Pats v Derry: Yes.

Based on Rovers the past couple of weeks: No. Rovers would go 25-0 up and then concede through a strike deflected by a syringe.

Take your pick:ball:

Scram
04/11/2009, 5:18 PM
Fair play to Bohs, retaining the title is a major achievement and they held off a very strong Rovers challenge.

Fair play to Rovers for a very strong challenge especially as newcomers to the top division over the last couple of seasons!

SligoBrewer
04/11/2009, 5:56 PM
Fair play to Rovers for a very strong challenge especially as newcomers to the top division over the last couple of seasons!

Thanks.

SligoBrewer
05/11/2009, 1:13 AM
Have to feel sorry for Bray, play by the rules and and get relegated, same as UCDD last season

It's not over yet. Hopefully.

Scram
05/11/2009, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scram

Thanks.

:eek: Eh, no !!!

WoodquayBoy
05/11/2009, 10:35 AM
It's all right Scram, Sligo people are still deluded in thinking they will convince everyone to think of Sligo Rovers when someone mentions 'Rovers'. I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that fans of every club bar Sligo Rovers think of Shamrock Rovers when they hear 'Rovers'. Bless.

BohDiddley
05/11/2009, 11:17 AM
It's all right Scram, Sligo people are still deluded in thinking they will convince everyone to think of Sligo Rovers when someone mentions 'Rovers'. I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that fans of every club bar Sligo Rovers think of Shamrock Rovers when they hear 'Rovers'. Bless.

Best of luck to Rovers in the cup, btw.

osarusan
05/11/2009, 12:46 PM
well done Bohs.

marinobohs
05/11/2009, 2:21 PM

and in no way deluded for the MK Hoops to assume sole title over the name "Rovers" ? For a team very recently in the lower division that would be very presumptous.
Incidentally, at the inaugral meeting the founders of Bohs voted on the name for the new club - result Bohemian FC 4 Rovers 3 ! As this was in 1890 maybe Bohs are the real rovers.

Schumi
05/11/2009, 2:24 PM
I don't know about anyone else but when I say Bohs, I mean Cork Bohemians.

marinobohs
05/11/2009, 2:26 PM
I don't know about anyone else but when I say Bohs, I mean Cork Bohemians.

When I say UCD I mean eh eh eh why the hell would I say UCD ??????:D

SkStu
05/11/2009, 2:31 PM
be thankful for small mercies and that its not Trinity folk we have to deal with on this messageboard... :D

roinuj
05/11/2009, 2:34 PM

******. they bought the league the last two seasons with money they dont have.
they should be giving the full force of punishment like shels were and turfed out of the prem.
so no congrats to them from me.

pineapple stu
05/11/2009, 2:34 PM
be thankful for small mercies and that its not Trinity folk we have to deal with on this messageboard... :D

Assume you mean this crowd (http://www.trinitydonaghmedefc.com/)?

(BTW - apologies - I didn't change your post; I just clicked on edit instead of quote! :o)

SkStu
05/11/2009, 2:35 PM
they should be giving the full force of punishment like shels were and turfed out of the prem.

im absolutely gutted that random internet poster roinuj doesnt want to congratulate us. Gutted.

SkStu
05/11/2009, 2:36 PM

(BTW - apologies - I didn't change your post; I just clicked on edit instead of quote! :o)

who else Stu? ;)

marinobohs
05/11/2009, 2:36 PM

punishment for what exactly ? looks like we will be under the 65% rule. paid all our players all season (unlike some) so why should we be relegated ????? :confused: keep sucking those lemons.
Premier Division and EA SPORTS CUP winners

pineapple stu
05/11/2009, 2:38 PM
looks like we will be under the 65% rule.
Genuine question - do ye believe that? You were a good bit over last year, as I recall (if we assume the Liam Carroll E1m isn't around this year). What's changed?

marinobohs
05/11/2009, 2:42 PM
Genuine question - do ye believe that? You were a good bit over last year, as I recall (if we assume the Liam Carroll E1m isn't around this year). What's changed?

I have not seen the figures but the club has said publicly that we will be under the 65% so i have to believe them (OH Oh I spotted a flaw in that theory). Players wages were reduced preseason and there was an increase in fund raising so can only presume this will take us to safety.

pineapple stu
05/11/2009, 2:43 PM
Yeah, that's the flaw I saw too. :)

Was just wondering where you were getting the info from anyways. Cheers.

Schumi
05/11/2009, 2:45 PM
When I say UCD I mean eh eh eh why the hell would I say UCD ??????:D

As a Northsider, you'd probably mean DCU. ;)

The Betting Man
05/11/2009, 3:38 PM

Still not over the League Cup final defeat.Enjoy another season in the 1st division

marinobohs
05/11/2009, 3:41 PM

Our esteemed pres Gerry Conway has said publicly (today or yesterday) that we are within the 65% rule. There is a club EGM tonight (will be a belter !) so I imagine the details will be in the papers tomorrow :rolleyes: I think it will be december before the FAI bean counters complete their analysis (or just give up trying to figure things out) so until then nothing is certain (unless Dodge decides to publish our accounts for us :)).

As I said before I suspect the FAI will not look too hard at any accounts that seem to be OK.

marinobohs
05/11/2009, 3:43 PM
As a Northsider, you'd probably mean DCU. ;)

DCU - training home of the League Champions :ball:

roinuj
05/11/2009, 3:56 PM
Still not over the League Cup final defeat.Enjoy another season in the 1st division

dont be surprised if your down there with us.
our john will see to that.:cool:

marinobohs
05/11/2009, 4:22 PM
dont be surprised if your down there with us.
our john will see to that.:cool:

Like he helped you "win" the EA Sports cup ? :D

BohDiddley
05/11/2009, 4:23 PM

You'll be able to read that in our 2009 accounts, when they're leaked or published.

RĂ©iteoir
05/11/2009, 5:22 PM

Gainsborough Trinity are the one and only originals

SligoBrewer
05/11/2009, 5:31 PM

Ahem..

WoodquayBoy
05/11/2009, 5:32 PM
and in no way deluded for the MK Hoops to assume sole title over the name "Rovers" ? For a team very recently in the lower division that would be very presumptous.
Incidentally, at the inaugral meeting the founders of Bohs voted on the name for the new club - result Bohemian FC 4 Rovers 3 ! As this was in 1890 maybe Bohs are the real rovers.
Look, when a club hears that 'Rovers' are coming to town, a lot of people think 'there will be trouble, that shower have a nasty element, little scumbags, can't stand them, live in a kip . .' oh wait, okay, I see your point, Sligo it is so;)
(for those who've had their sense of humour surgically removed, this is a joke, just before I get slapped on the wrists and a posting ban on the last weekend of the regular season!)

peadar1987
05/11/2009, 8:12 PM

I'm a Trinity folk. We were always just too busy with cricket, sailing and croquet to bother with soccer. We call it soccer because we save the word "football" for the rugger. Hurrah!

SligoBrewer
05/11/2009, 9:13 PM
I'm a Trinity folk. We were always just too busy with cricket, sailing and croquet to bother with soccer. We call it soccer because we save the word "football" for the rugger. Hurrah!

Association football I do believe old chum, not that dreaded word soccer. We can't have those American/Gaa mercenaries infiltrating our college.

I best be off, I have a cricket game to attend at College Park. Ta-ra!