PDA

View Full Version : Book of Condolence & Memorial

Pages : [1] 2

dahamsta
30/10/2009, 8:49 AM
EDIT: If you'd like to post condolences, please do so on eirebhoy's profile (http://foot.ie/forums/member.php?u=2096).

Also note that discussion of the circumstances of eirebhoy's death is not allowed on Foot.ie at this time. We may allow it later, but not for at least a few weeks.

A book of condolence for eirebhoy will be opened on Foot.ie on Monday, please make sure you drop in at some point during the day to sign it, even if you usually wouldn't visit the site on a Monday.

Personally, I think a flag would be a great memorial to eirebhoy, and although I never met him personally, I think he'd like the idea too. However it's up to you to decide, not me, so please chat about it here rather than in the other thread.

Thanks,
adam

paul_oshea
30/10/2009, 8:52 AM
I am up for a flag. I dont think a set amount should be required either as some can afford more than others. Whatever anyone can contribute should do for a huge flag given the respect and friends he had on here. YI had a ncie message in the other thread.

Wangball
30/10/2009, 9:04 AM
I am up for a flag. I dont think a set amount should be required either as some can afford more than others. Whatever anyone can contribute should do for a huge flag given the respect and friends he had on here. YI had a ncie message in the other thread.

How do we go about contributing?

magnumpi
30/10/2009, 9:17 AM
flag is a super idea.

maybe we could set up a paypal account that people could donate to?

paul_oshea
30/10/2009, 9:21 AM
Thats what was done the last time magnumpi, think it would be a great idea too. Just one question how long did it take from ordering the foot.ie flag to actually getting it done, given that we have limited time circa 2 weeks from today to get the flag done?

Junior
30/10/2009, 9:40 AM
Id like to contribute. We need someone who has done this before to do the honours as time is at a premium before either fo the France games.

Would it be worth considering if Boards.ie or YBIG.ie are planning anything similar - makes sense to pool the effort.

MariborKev
30/10/2009, 9:42 AM
Id like to contribute. We need someone who has done this before to do the honours as time is at a premium before either fo the France games.

Junior,

I have already volunteered to take it on in terms of the ordering- I have emailed a few suppliers I have used in the past to see if they can meet the deadline so that if it goes ahead we aren't wasting time.

Stuttgart88
30/10/2009, 10:08 AM
Would a message to the FAI be appropriate - perhaps for a comment on their website, but more pointedly asking for a moment's silence / applause at the French home game?

youngirish
30/10/2009, 10:10 AM
I'm going to email the FAI now. I'd suggest as many as possible on here do the same.
Has anyone got an appropriate email address I'm not going to use ticketing.

northerncelt
30/10/2009, 10:24 AM
Flag sounds an appropriate celebration to me... id be happy to contribute

paul_oshea
30/10/2009, 10:33 AM
YI try info@fai.ie.

Stutts and I have emailed that link, include the link to foot.ie RIP i think to show how valued he was.

BigmanCas
30/10/2009, 10:35 AM
I would be very happy to contribute also. May he rest in peace

tetsujin1979
30/10/2009, 10:43 AM
I'd like to contribute too, a flag would be a nice memoriam
on the forum on phillaldinho.com, we renamed one of the forums in memory of Ahmed Ibrahim Ali, a young Swedish football who was murdered, could the Fans Forum be renamed in memory of Gearoid, even temporarily?

he has a facebook account here: http://www.facebook.com/gearoidw
and a (rarely used) twitter account: http://twitter.com/gearoidw
if you want to leave a message of condolence

colster
30/10/2009, 10:48 AM
I'd like to contribute too. Flag is a great idea.

EastTerracer
30/10/2009, 11:16 AM
Another option might be a more permanent memorial at Lansdowne Road. They are selling personalised bricks for the new stadium (see link below)and it sounds like something Eirebhoy might have appreciated...

http://www.avivastadium-footballwalk.ie/

Mad Moose
30/10/2009, 11:38 AM
Well thought of Adam on the book of condolences and then the flag. I was ware of Eirebhoy around here.Was he a St Pats fan, Derry Fan (thats Eire Bad Boy) perhaps from another forum.

I'll have a look at the book on Monday.

passinginterest
30/10/2009, 12:11 PM
Another option might be a more permanent memorial at Lansdowne Road. They are selling personalised bricks for the new stadium (see link below)and it sounds like something Eirebhoy might have appreciated...

I like that idea. I'll make a contribution to whichever memorial is chosen.

DeLorean
30/10/2009, 12:16 PM

I really like that idea ET. Like the others, I will happily contribute should something be decided upon.

pineapple stu
30/10/2009, 12:18 PM
I was ware of Eirebhoy around here.Was he a St Pats fan
I think he had a Pat's avatar for ages alright.

Scram
30/10/2009, 12:32 PM
A book of condolence for eirebhoy will be opened on Foot.ie on Monday, please make sure you drop in at some point during the day to sign it, even if you usually wouldn't visit the site on a Monday.

Personally, I think a flag would be a great memorial to eirebhoy, and although I never met him personally, I think he'd like the idea too. However it's up to you to decide, not me, so please chat about it here rather than in the other thread.

Thanks,
adam

OMG, What happened? EDIT: Just realizing this was the guy assaulted in Sydney.

I didn't know the chap but he was a great contributor here and on SoccerCentral, and he only gave me one infraction, despite my rantings!

A good Celtic and Ireland fan, with great football knowledge. I'm up for whatever is decided.

onenilgameover
30/10/2009, 1:32 PM
I'd like to contribute to a flag in whatever way I can. I got so much information and knowledge from EB. I'm in shock to be honest.

rambler14
30/10/2009, 1:47 PM
I would like to suggest that we name one of the sub-forums after him. I think the Fans Forum should now be the Eirebhoy forum.

centre mid
30/10/2009, 2:18 PM
Thats an excellent idea rambler14

irishultra
30/10/2009, 2:32 PM
I would like to donate some money as well for a flag.

FarBeag
30/10/2009, 2:38 PM
I am happy to contribute to anything you guys deem appropriate. I still cannot believe he will not be with us anymore.

jaykay
30/10/2009, 3:22 PM
I think the flag and the aviva stadium memorial brick are great ideas. I'm happy to contribute, - maybe the FAI could provide the aviva stadium memorial as their contribution.

dahamsta
30/10/2009, 5:24 PM
I have already volunteered to take it on in terms of the ordering- I have emailed a few suppliers I have used in the past to see if they can meet the deadline so that if it goes ahead we aren't wasting time.Thanks very much for taking this on MariborKev. I'll let you know when I have the PayPal account ready.

dahamsta
30/10/2009, 6:26 PM
You can make a donation to the memorial fund by clicking below. The link will take you to PayPal, when you can pay by credit card or with your PayPal account if you have one. You don't need a PayPal account to make a donation, and you won't be required to set one up afterwards.

[Donations are no longer being accepted. Thanks to everyone that donated.]

The PayPal account is for my business, however the donations are received via the email address eirebhoy AT foot DOT ie, to keep them separate from everything. I won't post a running balance, but I'll will update MariborKev daily. He's running the show and making the final decisions about what to do with the funds.

I'll include a Donate button when I set up the book of condolence over the weekend.

adam

MariborKev
30/10/2009, 7:04 PM
Lads,

For those that haven't seen it- http://www.avivastadium-footballwalk.ie/index.cfm?Fuseaction=buy.Select

At the moment the idea seems to be for a flag and a memorial stone, funds permitting.

If any graphic designers would like to submit ideas etc, please get in contact with me.

Greenforever
31/10/2009, 12:09 AM
Lads,

For those that haven't seen it- http://www.avivastadium-footballwalk.ie/index.cfm?Fuseaction=buy.Select

At the moment the idea seems to be for a flag and a memorial stone, funds permitting.

If any graphic designers would like to submit ideas etc, please get in contact with me.

Would it be an idea to check with his family first?

Something simple, such as his photo with his name and RIP with year of birth - 2009 would probably be ideal.

Lansdowne stone should be perfect and can be decided at a later date.

Any chance of putting up a bank account number and sort code to make a donation, dont posess a credit card or paypal account.

musicinmouth
31/10/2009, 12:13 AM
Just sent a donation. Well done for organizing something, I'm sure a lot of people will want to contribute.

MariborKev
31/10/2009, 12:18 AM
Something simple, such as his photo with his name and RIP with year of birth - 2009 would probably be ideal.

Yup I would say that's is the way it will go.

billybunter
31/10/2009, 2:15 AM
Very sad to hear the news of a true fans passing. Rest in Peace Eirebhoy.

SUB of the day
31/10/2009, 6:55 AM
Truly shocking, a serious dose of perspective, RIP. Many of you will be aware of the French fan murdered in Belgrade recently, his club paid a very moving tribute to him at their next home game.A large white flag with his image in black was unfurled.I will gladly contribute to whatever is deemed most appropriate.The idea of the memorial brick at the new stadium is inspired.

backstothewall
31/10/2009, 9:49 AM
Flag and stone are great ideas. Happily made a donation

Have the FAI said anything? Will there be a minutes silence or anything before the France game?

tetsujin1979
31/10/2009, 1:33 PM
boards.ie are putting together a memorial 5-a-side tournament, anyone interested in putting together a few teams to enter?
Details and discussion on the soccer forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055724957

back of the net
31/10/2009, 2:59 PM
Was just wondering about the singing section in the Davin Stand, singing a song in EB's honour as team comes out at the start ?

Am i right in saying(correct me if im wrong ) that EB was trying to get the "We follow We follow" chant used in ireland games?

Any suggestions for songs to sing ?

It would be great tribute to EB if the whole stadium started singing a football song at the game , a song that would support the team but also a footballsong that was close to EB's heart

opinions and/or suggestions welcome and appreciated

Tks:
BOTN

rellik
31/10/2009, 3:18 PM
Donated. Thanks for setting this up.

paul_oshea
31/10/2009, 3:50 PM
Ya it was his suggestion back of the net, i was saying on the other thread that i thought this wuld be a great idea if you could get everyone singing it at the start of the match for a minute as a tribute to him.

back of the net
31/10/2009, 4:05 PM
Ya it was his suggestion back of the net, i was saying on the other thread that i thought this wuld be a great idea if you could get everyone singing it at the start of the match for a minute as a tribute to him.

Thks paul,

i am in that section myself and i remember ppl singing it near me at one of the games -i had never heard it prior to that nite - i didnt know the words but made sure to learn them after that night

Would singing YNWA as the team comes out be a good idea - the reason been more ppl in the stadium would be familiar with it, its a celtic song(EBs club) and i think it is an emotional and a very atmospheric song and would be a nice tribute to EB?

Then we could maybe start chants of "we follow" during the game?

Just a suggestion - would again appreciate feedback from all, tks

dahamsta
31/10/2009, 4:09 PM
Any chance of putting up a bank account number and sort code to make a donation, dont posess a credit card or paypal account.It's harder to separate transactions in a bank account. I'll try to sort something out for Monday.

paul_oshea
31/10/2009, 4:21 PM
Made a donation there, think a flag would be great as well as the memorial brick. Hopefully enough will be raised, which im sure it will given the popularity and high regard of EB on here

pineapple stu
31/10/2009, 4:49 PM
Donation sent. Cheers for organising!

northerncelt
31/10/2009, 5:32 PM
Good work lads....

Junior
31/10/2009, 8:36 PM
Donation sent. Would be great to have a flag for the two upcoming ties.

Thanks for setting this up.

MariborKev
31/10/2009, 8:59 PM
Donation sent. Would be great to have a flag for the two upcoming ties.

Thanks for setting this up.

Junior- we have already had a guarantee from one supplier that this can be done.

Junior
31/10/2009, 9:22 PM
Junior- we have already had a guarantee from one supplier that this can be done.

Thats great. There was a suggestion earlier in this thread (I think) of a black and white image of Eirebhoy (similar to the French fan who died). Could perhaps be put on the white part of the tricolour with his name and dates underneath - Just a suggestion?

Obviously would want to get approval for anything like this from the family first.

Thanks for organising this Maribor.

youngirish
31/10/2009, 10:58 PM
Just donated - had to borrow the girlfriend's credit card. Thanks for setting this up lads. keep us informed how it's going and what we can afford.

Lenny82
01/11/2009, 5:58 AM
boards.ie are putting together a memorial 5-a-side tournament, anyone interested in putting together a few teams to enter?
Details and discussion on the soccer forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055724957

Won't let me post at this link unfortunately. I think a 5-a-side is a great idea and a fantastic idea for a fundraiser for the family's charity of choice. Some of the lads I work with are regular viewers of this site and I'm sure they would be delighted to get involved aswell. If you can keep me updated as to when this is going to take place (hopefully not between 27th Nov and 30th) I will definitely get at least 2 teams involved.

tetsujin1979
01/11/2009, 10:41 AM
Won't let me post at this link unfortunately. I think a 5-a-side is a great idea and a fantastic idea for a fundraiser for the family's charity of choice. Some of the lads I work with are regular viewers of this site and I'm sure they would be delighted to get involved aswell. If you can keep me updated as to when this is going to take place (hopefully not between 27th Nov and 30th) I will definitely get at least 2 teams involved.
you need a minimum of 50 posts on boards.ie, and 2 existing members of the soccer board have to stand as sponsors before you're allowed post in the soccer forum.
as I posted elsewhere, eirebhoy voluntarily stood as my second sponsor
If we can get a list of interested members here, I'll post the teams on the thread on boards.