PDA

View Full Version : Shirt Sponsorship

JC_GUFC
30/10/2009, 8:21 AM
Richie Sadlier was on MNS saying they're finding it hard to find a sponsor - does anyone have an idea how much sponsors are paying to get their names on a team's jersey?

I'd imagine a lot of the sponsors are connected to one of the directors in any case.

pineapple stu
30/10/2009, 9:07 AM
I think Budweiser paid us in the region of E50k a year. I don't know if Superleague sponsorship was included in that. That deal ended last year (partly due to restrictions on alcohol advertising apparently) and we've had no sponsors the last year and a half.

MariborKev
30/10/2009, 11:58 AM
Our new shirt was a draw 50 businesses went into a hat- with the winner getting their name and the front and second place getting the back.

£1k a entry.

Longfordian
30/10/2009, 12:00 PM
I think we were supposed to be getting 50k a year last year and this year from Flancare for the ground and jersey, it was more in the Premier. Got 20k for the back of the jersey too I believe.

Acornvilla
30/10/2009, 12:11 PM
I think we were supposed to be getting 50k a year last year and this year from Flancare for the ground and jersey, it was more in the Premier. Got 20k for the back of the jersey too I believe.
any news on next years sponsor yet? or are flancare staying?

Longfordian
30/10/2009, 12:59 PM
They might stay on for a lesser amount was the last that I heard, don't think there's been any definite decisions. If they didn't stay on I wouldn't be too surprised if Munnellys, our back of the jersey sponsor, took over as main sponsor.

eamoss
30/10/2009, 12:59 PM
ShopDundalk - 112 shops X €480 = €53760
Crowne Plaza - €20,000 for this (http://www.dundalkfc.com/images/2009/RoweDrogs_810.jpg) on Dundalks sleeves.
No idea how much MatthewsCoach.com paid to put their name on our shorts but last season it would have cost €8,000.

Next season Dundalk's main sponsor is going to be FastFix but no idea how much the deal is worth.

SkStu
03/11/2009, 1:47 AM
ShopDundalk - 112 shops X €480 = €53760
Crowne Plaza - €20,000 for this (http://www.dundalkfc.com/images/2009/RoweDrogs_810.jpg) on Dundalks sleeves.
No idea how much MatthewsCoach.com paid to put their name on our shorts but last season it would have cost €8,000.

Next season Dundalk's main sponsor is going to be FastFix but no idea how much the deal is worth.

hehe love it :D Dundalk wont be the only club looking for a fast fix before next season! :D

oriel
03/11/2009, 12:29 PM
Our new shirt was a draw 50 businesses went into a hat- with the winner getting their name and the front and second place getting the back.

£1k a entry.

Didn't Finn Harps first come up with this iniatitve, i think years ago their main sponsor was a hotel/restuarant in Co Monaghan ?

Harps fans will know better.

Good idea though, but not much value for the other 48 companies.

OneRedArmy
03/11/2009, 12:30 PM

£1k a entry.Best bit of business we've done in ages.

Actually, only bit of business we've done in ages.

pineapple stu
03/11/2009, 12:42 PM
I assume they'd get a match programme ad or something?

roinuj
03/11/2009, 12:46 PM

£1k a entry.

your selling yourselfs short,
we in waterford done the same thing but charged £3k a ticket and sold every ticket.

pineapple stu
03/11/2009, 12:47 PM
Did you sell all five tickets?

Mr A
03/11/2009, 12:47 PM
Didn't Finn Harps first come up with this iniatitve, i think years ago their main sponsor was a hotel/restuarant in Co Monaghan ?

Harps fans will know better.

I think Waterford ran a similar initiative before we did.

And yeah, we had the Greenmount Restaurant on our Shirts for a year. We also had Borderloo Toilet Hire on the back of them for a year!

We still do a draw for the sponsorship on the back, Donegal Creameries are on the front and seem set to remain.

OneRedArmy
03/11/2009, 12:53 PM
your selling yourselfs short,Yes.

Yes we are.

And not just in relation to shirt sponsorship.