PDA

View Full Version : Towns starting 11 for this new season.

Xlex
26/02/2004, 9:00 AM
Well folks, I haven't seen the Town play this season yet, who do people think will be the starting 11 and in particular the front two?

Francis and Keegan? Barrett and Francis? Can Lavine make it?

Hard to pick two out of Keegan, Francis, Barrett, Baker, Lavine and Adrian Murphy....

Digger
Dillon Ferguson McGovern Paisley
Kirby Vinny Pip Baker
Francis Barrett

Keegan
Martin
Prunty
Brian Byrne
Murph x3 as cover...

max power
26/02/2004, 9:30 AM
is this not due a thread on its own ?????

well here goes

digger

dillon ferguson mcgovern prunty

kirby pip vinny baker

francis barrett

with baker and prunty on the left that really gives us some serious attacking options....and if vinny sits in midfield and lets pip go forward that could work wonders....also good to have the same defence and keeper two years running....

still feel we need an injection in the centre of the park......stewie i hear yee cry !!!!!

Xlex
26/02/2004, 9:41 AM
Meant to stick it one its own... I can understand Prunty, but he didn't really play there last year, it would be the same back 5...

max power
26/02/2004, 10:34 AM
no sean played there when Mr Fog went on his travels and dilon was injured, i think he did well and has improved with each season...not afraid of a tackle either...i think keegan is a good man to have on the bench...are we running a bit short on centre backs or do we have enough cover

Wiseguy
26/02/2004, 12:01 PM
Digger

Spud ( likes to get forward so we need that )
Barry ( Old reliable )
Maccer ( as above )
Dillo ( i think, good defensive wide but very poor passer )

Kirbs ( need that trickery )
Pip ( has lots to offer )
Garto ( Good defensively, and a target for set pieces )
Prunty ( Outstanding last season and capable of beating anyone )

Barrett ( obviously )
Lavine ( i think him & barrett work better as a pair )

Or

Digger Digger Digger

Garto Dillon Murphy
Baz Baz Baz
Maccer Maccer Maccer
Paisley Garto Prunty

Kirby Baker Pip
Pip Pip Vinny
Vinny Kirby Martin
Baker Martyn

Keegan Francis Kirby
Barrett Barrett Barrett
Baker

The 3rd one across is a very attacking line up but to be honest i really don't know which is the best.Only time will tell

town73
26/02/2004, 1:15 PM
Based on the first viewing at last Saturday's game against Finn Harps:

Digger

Murphy, McGovern, Ferguson, Dillon

Kirby, Gartland, Keogh, Martin

Barrett Keegan

Bench: Paisley, Perth, Francis, Dempsey, Prunty.

max power
26/02/2004, 1:53 PM
has no one done the decent thinig yet and shot dempsey ???

Wiseguy
27/02/2004, 8:03 AM
I notice that nobody has given Darragh Sheridan a mention.Is it because he is carrying an injury? Yeah that has to be it because for the life of me i can't figure out why people wouldn't want him in there team with those silky skills, perfectly timed tackles, his ability to pick out any team mate with that perfectly weighted pass, his constantly correcting the referee to the error of his ways and his abilty to turn a game on it's head with one of those penetrating runs followed by the clinical finishing we've come to expect from such a player.
Is this not the most sarcastic post ever.

max power
27/02/2004, 8:04 AM
i really think darragh is a great player, i want to be just like him.....

gustavo
27/02/2004, 10:12 AM
good to see ye have an ex olympic boxer up front :D

sorbothegreek
27/02/2004, 6:47 PM
I think you have to go with basically the team that finished last season, with minimal changes. Something along the lines of ,

Digger

Murphy McGovern Ferguson Gartland

Kirby Vinny Pip Baker

Barrett Francis

Too early to judge the new lads (Baker included i know), work them in over these next few pre season games. I'd be expecting Keegan to be pushing the two lads come the start of the league.
Also, i'd like to see Paisley putting perssure on the two center-halfs, i dont see him as a posible full back as some have mentioned. And it'll do Barry no harm to be looking over his sholder.

techs
27/02/2004, 11:41 PM
Sure Barry will be watching from the stands for the first 3 games of the season, he's suspended..It's up to Paisley to come in and put Barry under severe pressure..Garto (2 games), Dillo and Brian Byrne are not available for the start of the season either due to suspensions carried over, oh yeh and Matthews is banned for 1 game...Pity Darragh Sheridan couldn't pick up a lengthy ban..Well it couldn't be from tackling but definitely from mouthing off.