26/10/2009, 7:00 PM
On now.

:)

sligofan4ever
26/10/2009, 7:24 PM
Great free kick from Boco.

Youths4Ever
26/10/2009, 7:59 PM
some very interesting comments about the 65% rule in terms of sanctions and regulation and Fingal place within the league

blackholesun
26/10/2009, 8:50 PM
some very interesting comments about the 65% rule in terms of sanctions and regulation and Fingal place within the league

Any facebookers with an interest in this topic, might like to sign up for this group!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=166055412350&ref=nf

bhs

The Lep
26/10/2009, 10:58 PM
The link is just to a home page.

Dodge
26/10/2009, 11:23 PM
The link is just to a home page.

You might need to be logged in.

Its a group set up to say

"Richie Sadlier is right, teams who broke the rules should be relegated"

James
26/10/2009, 11:26 PM
You might need to be logged in.

Its a group set up to say

"Richie Sadlier is right, teams who broke the rules should be relegated"

looks like a big SPA love-in from first glance at the names :D

Dodge
27/10/2009, 1:32 AM
Shouldn't be. Set up by a couple of ROvers fans

gspain
27/10/2009, 7:55 AM
Very honest stuff from Richie Sadlier.

Dundalk v Rovers looked like a cracker.

Great to see another full house for the cup in Sligo.

seand
27/10/2009, 8:12 AM
Sadlier has a point. It seems that Pats reduced their budget in anticipation of some serious sanctions for financial mismanagement. If Pats do get relegated who'd bet against them taking it to the courts?

Mr A
27/10/2009, 8:23 AM
I was speaking to several Harps directors at the EGM the other night and a few expressed their massive disappointment with the fact that what the FAI sold to them at the start of the season seems to have been utterly ignored since then.

Licensing needs to be tightened up in a major way, no matter what the short term consequences for some of the clubs.

CarrickFan
27/10/2009, 9:00 AM
Dont understand how Dundalks pitch is passed fit to be used in the league.

eelmonster
27/10/2009, 9:08 AM

This is how:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/pitch&equipment/68/52/24/fqctestmethodmanual%28may2009%29.pdf

+

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/pitch&equipment/68/52/08/fqcrequirementsmanual%28may2009%29specimen.pdf

=

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developing/pitchequipment/footballturf/star=2/company=6/confederation=27275/index.html

The FIFA RECOMMENDED 2 Star for artificial turf is designed specifically to mirror the playing characteristics of professional football. FIFA final round competitions and top UEFA competitions have the FIFA RECOMMENDED 2 Star in their respective competition regulations.

SMorgan
27/10/2009, 9:09 AM

Absolutely, but it should be okay for Man U to play a Champions League match in Moscow on it or for Russia to play a World Cup match on it. But I agree, it’s not good enough for the LOI, afterall, we've our standards to uphold. Think before you post!!!

Now to get serious, something that nobody has picked up on was the fact that Richard Saddler said that he was asked by the club president to have a word with the St. Pats players. This may be seen as an innocent enough comment, but I doubt very very much if Pete Mahon and John Gill will see it that way and rightly so.

gufc2000
27/10/2009, 9:11 AM
Looked like a super atmosphere at the Showgrounds, looke absolutely wedged up there. Whats this about unfair treatment of Waterford Utd fans though?

rovers100%
27/10/2009, 9:22 AM
they are crying over having no seats kept for them. they were too busy boozing to get into the ground early. they were in pub across from the ground where ya can see the crowds walking in and yet they only came in 1o min brfore kick off. fair enough they should have had an area kept for them but the crowd was so big ya needed to be there an hour before to get even a half decent seat. if they had spent less time in the pub and came into the ground early they would have been ok. the situation was very messy for waterford supporters and i think every sligo fan felt for them but if your looking at thousands walking into the ground and ya leave it till last minute to enter even a dope would realise your gonna struggle for seating. they could have stood behind the goals but would not move and in turn blocked a lot of sligo fans views by standing in a seated area.

Dodge
27/10/2009, 9:56 AM
Absolutely, but it should be okay for Man U to play a Champions League match in Moscow on it or for Russia to play a World Cup match on it. But I agree, it’s not good enough for the LOI, afterall, we've our standards to uphold. Think before you post!!!

Seriously, you can't compare the two. I've seen both up close (and the pitch in Elfsberg) and Dundalk's is a good deal lower quality

It might be good enough to pass the inspection (and I've no bother with artificial pitches BTW) but it isn't anywhere near the quality of the other two

SMorgan
27/10/2009, 10:04 AM
Seriously, you can't compare the two. I've seen both up close (and the pitch in Elfsberg) and Dundalk's is a good deal lower quality

It might be good enough to pass the inspection (and I've no bother with artificial pitches BTW) but it isn't anywhere near the quality of the other two

Absolute and total b@llix. It is exactly the same materials, same quantities of granulated rubber, same length of artificial grass and the exact same testing mechanism. And what's more, the manufacturer at the same cost.

The point you make is laughable in the extreme.

thischarmingman
27/10/2009, 10:24 AM
they are crying over having no seats kept for them. they were too busy boozing to get into the ground early. they were in pub across from the ground where ya can see the crowds walking in and yet they only came in 1o min brfore kick off. fair enough they should have had an area kept for them but the crowd was so big ya needed to be there an hour before to get even a half decent seat. if they had spent less time in the pub and came into the ground early they would have been ok. the situation was very messy for waterford supporters and i think every sligo fan felt for them but if your looking at thousands walking into the ground and ya leave it till last minute to enter even a dope would realise your gonna struggle for seating. they could have stood behind the goals but would not move and in turn blocked a lot of sligo fans views by standing in a seated area.

You're a right little Victor Meldrew aren't you? How dare they let loose before a game? How dare they sample the devil's brew before going into the ground? Your club should have had an idea how many were coming, and planned accordingly.

Dodge
27/10/2009, 10:28 AM
Absolute and total b@llix. It is exactly the same materials, same quantities of granulated rubber, same length of artificial grass and the exact same testing mechanism. And what's more, the manufacturer at the same cost.

The point you make is laughable in the extreme.

Not one for hyperbole, are you?

OK, tow the party line. But your pitch isn't anywhere enar the quality of the others.

One small thing BTW, both Moscow and Elsberg water their pitch before the game, and at half time. Dundalk don't

CMcC
27/10/2009, 11:03 AM
So Dodge, how is it so different if what SMorgan is saying is true. What to you mean about not being anywhere near the quality of the others. Other than watering (which I assume isnt to do with the quality of the pitch itself) what technically is the reason it is so worse than those others mentioned?

PartySaint
27/10/2009, 11:25 AM

Your arguement is ridiculous, id imagine Waterford fans (like many other away fans around the country each week) assumed they had a section set already for them hence why they probably didnt go in unti juts before kick off, Sligo obviously let too many home fans in if they couldnt provide a proper away section for the Waterford fans, Could you imagine Bohs fans standing in the aisles of the west stand in Tallaght because they didnt go in early enough to get an away section,

Sorry mate but ridiculous post

WoodquayBoy
27/10/2009, 11:27 AM
What a load of ridiculous garbage, there should have been a section kept for them - isn't there supposed top be? And if it is true they were sitting or standing in the aisles, surely this is a fire safety issue? It was up to the steward to move them if this was the case, sounds like Sligo messed up

Straightstory
27/10/2009, 11:38 AM
As usual, impressed by Sadlier on MNS. Articulate and intelligent. And Con M. didn't baulk at asking him some tough questions. Quite brave from Con, I thought.

**FrOsTy**
27/10/2009, 11:43 AM
And we didnt leave it til the last minute. We left for Sligo at 11.30 in order to ge there in plenty of time for a brewsky. We left out hotel at 5.45 to get to Mooneys which is 5 minutes away from the hotel. The majority had our drinks and left for the ground at 7 o clock. We went in and we presumed that we'd be in the regular away section which seemed to be full. A member of our MC informed us our section was down the end of the main stand. We went down there so we could display our clubs colours with banners and flags but were subjected to abuse and threating behavior from the Sligo fans. At times things got very close to big trouble but our head of security done a great job to calm things down. To be fair when some Sligo fans realised we were completlely correct they offered up their seats to our more elderly fans who were starting to feel uncomfortbale. But as they took to their seats some fans belated them with abuse which is totally uncalled for. A young girl had her fingers crushed by a Sligo fan because she tried to get to a safe part of the stand where she wasnt getting crushed. Things might have gotten really ugly if Graham Cummins had of taken that headed chance early in the first half.

Sligo broke every single rule in the book that day, and i'd imagine the FAI will hit them very hard.
Couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery

SMorgan
27/10/2009, 11:44 AM
Not one for hyperbole, are you?

OK, tow the party line. But your pitch isn't anywhere enar the quality of the others.

One small thing BTW, both Moscow and Elsberg water their pitch before the game, and at half time. Dundalk don't

I think you're towing more of a party line than me. I am not a greater admirer of the pitch but at the same time I am not going to sit here and read the nonsense comments you've made about the pitch without coming back. Dundalk's position is that they strictly adhere to the manufacturers instruction in the relation to the maintenance of the surface.

This really is funny that we have the likes of you setting yourself up as an expert on artificial surfaces because you've seen “up close” the other surfaces. One can only imagine what the hell that means!!! Again I make the point; despite you with your very obvious expertise in this area, the pitches you refer to are made by the same company to the same specification are similarly installed and pass the same set of tests. Is that that difficult to understand?

CF1989
27/10/2009, 11:47 AM
And we didnt leave it til the last minute. We left for Sligo at 11.30 in order to ge there in plenty of time for a brewsky. We left out hotel at 5.45 to get to Mooneys which is 5 minutes away from the hotel. The majority had our drinks and left for the ground at 7 o clock. We went in and we presumed that we'd be in the regular away section which seemed to be full. A member of our MC informed us our section was down the end of the main stand. We went down there so we could display our clubs colours with banners and flags but were subjected to abuse and threating behavior from the Sligo fans. At times things got very close to big trouble but our head of security done a great job to calm things down. To be fair when some Sligo fans realised we were completlely correct they offered up their seats to our more elderly fans who were starting to feel uncomfortbale. But as they took to their seats some fans belated them with abuse which is totally uncalled for. A young girl had her fingers crushed by a Sligo fan because she tried to get to a safe part of the stand where she wasnt getting crushed. Things might have gotten really ugly if Graham Cummins had of taken that headed chance early in the first half.

Sligo broke every single rule in the book that day, and i'd imagine the FAI will hit them very hard.
Couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery

no need to over exagerate the story. your turning it into something like hillsborough

SMorgan
27/10/2009, 11:48 AM
As usual, impressed by Sadlier on MNS. Articulate and intelligent. And Con M. didn't baulk at asking him some tough questions. Quite brave from Con, I thought.

I think there was very little intellience in what he said about the club President. In fact, in my opinion, it was an absolute clanger that is bound to cause bad feeling within the club. Mahon must be livid that the Club President asked the CEO to speak to the players. Its something he should have kept to himself.

**FrOsTy**
27/10/2009, 11:49 AM
no need to over exagerate the story. your turning it into something like hillsborough
Theres nothing over exagerated in that story. That's exactly how it was.

Rovers1
27/10/2009, 11:52 AM
Just on the Waterford/Rovers fans situation. It was totally SRFC's fault, an obvious lack of communication with the security. But one thing i don't understand, is, why didnt the Waterford fans just go down to the Railway End?

CF1989
27/10/2009, 11:54 AM
Theres nothing over exagerated in that story. That's exactly how it was.

there was never going to be any trouble at all between rovers and waterford fans.

**FrOsTy**
27/10/2009, 11:56 AM
What part is the railway end? If its the part behind the goal as we come in the gates then no way we were going there. A gravel pit behind the goal. And if it's behind the goal ye scored into some Blues fans did go down there and there was simply no more room down there.

CF1989
27/10/2009, 11:58 AM
there was more room down there than there was in the stand so ye had no excuses not to go down there

Rovers1
27/10/2009, 12:02 PM
there was simply no more room down there.

Have a word with yourself Sir. :rolleyes:

Dodge
27/10/2009, 12:08 PM
This really is funny that we have the likes of you setting yourself up as an expert on artificial surfaces because you've seen “up close” the other surfaces. One can only imagine what the hell that means!!!
It means I've seen them both at pitch level. NO big science to it. (Played on the DUndalk pitch too)

Again I make the point; despite you with your very obvious expertise in this area, the pitches you refer to are made by the same company to the same specification are similarly installed and pass the same set of tests. Is that that difficult to understand?
Just because they pass the same test doens't mean they're the ame quality. If 705is the pass rate of any test, someone who gets 71% and someone gets 96% both pass, but they're not the same quality. Now, is that so difficult to understand?

So Dodge, how is it so different if what SMorgan is saying is true. What to you mean about not being anywhere near the quality of the others. Other than watering (which I assume isnt to do with the quality of the pitch itself) what technically is the reason it is so worse than those others mentioned?
No idea on the technically stuff. I just know that the ball runs truer on the other pitches than Dundalks (and again, I've nothing against Dundalk's pitch). I couldn't give a fiddlers as to the reasons why (the pitch, the maintence, the surface under it).

**FrOsTy**
27/10/2009, 12:10 PM
there was more room down there than there was in the stand so ye had no excuses not to go down there
The fact we were in the away section is a pretty good excuse not to move.

Rovers1
27/10/2009, 12:16 PM
The fact we were in the away section is a pretty good excuse not to move.

The FAI are looking into it, although it could be a while before they get their act together, something will be done about it. No point in bitching on about it here. (That seems to be what the "Sligo Rovers" section is for) ;)

CarrickFan
27/10/2009, 12:20 PM

Now to get serious, something that nobody has picked up on was the fact that Richard Saddler said that he was asked by the club president to have a word with the St. Pats players. This may be seen as an innocent enough comment, but I doubt very very much if Pete Mahon and John Gill will see it that way and rightly so.

Maybe think before you reply also!!..wasnt having a go at Dundalk..i dont think those pitches should be used anywhere in professional football so no i dont think its ok to use them in the Champions league or World cup qualifiers..im aware it passed the Uefa regulations as another Dundalk fan pointed out just dont understand how they can...those pitches just cannot replicate the real grass pitches...the roll and bounce of the ball is hugely effected and takes away from the authenticity of the game..you would also imagine it should favour the team who plays on it regularly..

but looking at your home record maybe not:):):)

Nah Nah Nah Nah
27/10/2009, 12:36 PM
What a load of ridiculous garbage, there should have been a section kept for them - isn't there supposed top be? And if it is true they were sitting or standing in the aisles, surely this is a fire safety issue? It was up to the steward to move them if this was the case, sounds like Sligo messed up

Waterford fans go on about feeling threatened and they may well have been but I certainly wouldn't have fancied being a steward trying to tell them to move because they're creating a fire safety issue. In fact I remember some of them wanting to create an even bigger fire safety issue by waving at the Waterford fans who were on the terrace to come into the stand. Although I think that is probably aimed at one red haired fella more then anyone else as he seemed to want something to happen but everyone else was calm enough about the whole situation

Regardless of all that we were completely at fault. They should have been put in the usual away section. It was empty for ages compared to everywhere else. I presume it was because everyone presumed the Waterford fans were going to be housed there

CMcC
27/10/2009, 1:46 PM
It means I've seen them both at pitch level. NO big science to it. (Played on the DUndalk pitch too)

Just because they pass the same test doens't mean they're the ame quality. If 705is the pass rate of any test, someone who gets 71% and someone gets 96% both pass, but they're not the same quality. Now, is that so difficult to understand?

No idea on the technically stuff. I just know that the ball runs truer on the other pitches than Dundalks (and again, I've nothing against Dundalk's pitch). I couldn't give a fiddlers as to the reasons why (the pitch, the maintence, the surface under it).

I would have thought to compare 2 pitches (ie how the ball runs/bounces/generally behaves) a person would have to play on them both.

Personally I dont believe we should play any games on artificial pitches unless, like Russia, it would be covered in snow. It doesnt make sense in Ireland though.

Alkthough CarrickFan, I think the issue was not about the merits of using artificial surfaces in Pro football per say, it was more to do with Dodge saying Dundalk's one was below par in comparison to the others mentioned.

Dunny
27/10/2009, 2:17 PM
Is it just me or does every "MNS" thread end up about Dundalk in some way..:confused:

brianw82
27/10/2009, 2:50 PM
Is it just me or does every "MNS" thread end up about Dundalk in some way..:confused:

It's not just you.

Dundalk weren't even particularly controversial this week.

forza rovers
27/10/2009, 2:56 PM
What part is the railway end? If its the part behind the goal as we come in the gates then no way we were going there. A gravel pit behind the goal. And if it's behind the goal ye scored into some Blues fans did go down there and there was simply no more room down there.
did you see a train on the road or something?it was the place after the mess up happened your fans were offered to got to.

Dodge
27/10/2009, 8:15 PM
Alkthough CarrickFan, I think the issue was not about the merits of using artificial surfaces in Pro football per say, it was more to do with Dodge saying Dundalk's one was below par in comparison to the others mentioned.

sematically speaking I didn't say Dundalk's were below par, I just said the others were over par... (to mangle that particular saying). I'll repeat again, I've no problem with Dundalk's pitch

rovers100%
28/10/2009, 2:20 PM
im delighted now ye were beat to be honest as ye are a whinging shower !!! also hope ye get promoted cos will enjoy beating ye in the premier division as ye lack quality and technical ability from what i seen in the semi. but going on yer form i think ye are destined for first div next year again lol...........:D

Martinho II
29/10/2009, 9:59 AM
im delighted now ye were beat to be honest as ye are a whinging shower !!! also hope ye get promoted cos will enjoy beating ye in the premier division as ye lack quality and technical ability from what i seen in the semi. but going on yer form i think ye are destined for first div next year again lol...........:D

tbh rovers100% the chances of waterford utd going up thro the playoffs are slim to say the least they are still in contention but only just...