PDA

View Full Version : Alan Kirby

Martinho II
26/10/2009, 5:57 PM
Well lads,

Any truth in the rumour that if ye get promoted that Alan Kirby will be coming back to us .Heard this around Longford over the weekend

Lamper.sffc
26/10/2009, 6:09 PM
Well lads,

Any truth in the rumour that if ye get promoted that Alan Kirby will be coming back to us .Heard this around Longford over the weekend

Have not heard anything myself but I doubt it as he and conan have been our best players this year, so Id expect him to stay and I expect the club to want him to stay.

The Lep
26/10/2009, 6:12 PM
Hope not. I cant see what reason he would have to go to Longford.

Longfordian
26/10/2009, 6:28 PM
He's married to a Longford girl and I think they live here now or certainly they were building a house here. He'll be back eventually I would think.

Rovers1
26/10/2009, 7:02 PM
What age is Kirby?

The Lep
26/10/2009, 7:03 PM
That would be a reason i suppose but depends what he is looking for and what longford town can offer him.

Longfordian
26/10/2009, 7:37 PM
I don't know if it will be next season but apparently he's been known to have a long term plan of coming back at some stage. I would think he'll get better offers than us so it would be factors other than money if he were to come back next season. He still goes to some of our games and he's been at plenty of club functions. A lot of the LTFC people were at his wedding in the summer. It'd be a club he'd have a loyalty towards.

Pauro 76
26/10/2009, 8:32 PM
What age is Kirby?

I think he's 32. Good news if he decides to come back to us, he'll always get a great welcome.

Lamper.sffc
26/10/2009, 11:53 PM
Well I hope its not the case. I can totally see why yous would welcome him back. He has been great for us all season.

Acornvilla
27/10/2009, 6:27 PM
player coach role for him in a year or two time i can se it happening? well if he wants it

RonnieB
27/10/2009, 6:30 PM
That would be a reason i suppose but depends what he is looking for and what longford town can offer him.

We can offer him two bags of tayto and a can of lilt. Plus bonuses.

Acornvilla
27/10/2009, 6:31 PM
bonus of a half time draw ticket :D

The Lep
27/10/2009, 10:11 PM
We can offer him two bags of tayto and a can of lilt. Plus bonuses.

I'd sign myself for that :)

Martinho II
28/10/2009, 12:21 PM
What age is Kirby?

kirbs thirty two now hes a legend with the section o lads.. I bought his jersey that he wore in the Sean Prunty testimonial.. I had forgotten that I had won the bid only for Kirbs to come over to me and thanking me for it.. I wouldnt be surprised that he will come back to us eventually.

Lamper.sffc
28/10/2009, 1:12 PM
kirbs thirty two now hes a legend with the section o lads.. I bought his jersey that he wore in the Sean Prunty testimonial.. I had forgotten that I had won the bid only for Kirbs to come over to me and thanking me for it.. I wouldnt be surprised that he will come back to us eventually.

I doubt it would be next season but he seems a loyal sort of a lad so id say he would like to go back to finish off his career and maybe get into the coaching side of things. Hope he is with us for as long as possible though.

blue til i die
15/11/2009, 10:26 PM
No lads, sorry, he's coming back to us instead, we had him first ;)

Acornvilla
15/11/2009, 10:53 PM
No lads, sorry, he's coming back to us instead, we had him first ;)
recently baught a house in longford so doubt it wum :D

blue til i die
15/11/2009, 11:05 PM
recently baught a house in longford so doubt it wum :D

Wum??? :rolleyes:

His whole family are still down here like! :p

Longfordian
15/11/2009, 11:10 PM
As posted above he's married to a Longford lady and they're living in Ballinalee (Co. Longford), building a house near her homeplace in Longford, in college in DCU I think. None of which would point to him going back to Waterford ;) . I'm sure he'll stay on at Fingal anyway, until he comes here as player manager.

blue til i die
15/11/2009, 11:17 PM
As posted above he's married to a Longford lady and they're living in Ballinalee (Co. Longford), building a house near her homeplace in Longford, in college in DCU I think. None of which would point to him going back to Waterford ;) . I'm sure he'll stay on at Fingal anyway, until he comes here as player manager.

I completely agree! Him coming to us is as much likely to happen as him going to ye now, just saying he still has family here, but dont see him leaving Fingal either way if they go up or not.

Until he forces the wife to leave and come back here.....:D

Acornvilla
16/11/2009, 12:10 AM
i'm more in line with longfordinians train of thought i can see him giving it one last year at the top with fingal before coming to us

Awwwwh Farrell
22/11/2009, 7:18 PM
Hes a player that would be welcome at any club!! Hed slot into any team and hes defo a playmaker!!! He came to all the town games he could of the towns when not on duty with Fingal last season, I think he'll return to us if he leaves to go anywhare........Fingers crossed!!

RonnieB
22/11/2009, 10:26 PM
Kirbs.. kirbs will tear you apart.. again...

Martinho II
23/11/2009, 9:17 PM
gutted that kirbs didnt get playing...But delighted that he won his third cup medal!

Lamper.sffc
24/11/2009, 1:04 PM
gutted that kirbs didnt get playing...But delighted that he won his third cup medal!

Yeah. I was really disappointed myself but it was hard to give any reason for droping any of the lads to accomodate him. Pity we couldnt have played with 12.

Fingal Fan
24/11/2009, 5:04 PM
Think Alan has been carrying an injury for the last few weeks and with the game so tight on Sunday Liam Buckley made the call not to make any changes and it paid off . Pity for Alan though as he has been great all season and won the Supporters Club Player of the Year .

Martinho II
24/11/2009, 6:30 PM
Think Alan has been carrying an injury for the last few weeks and with the game so tight on Sunday Liam Buckley made the call not to make any changes and it paid off . Pity for Alan though as he has been great all season and won the Supporters Club Player of the Year .

i believe that the reason Kirbs didnt play was from injury suffered from the cup semi final against Bray..
Kirbs in his last season with us got supporters club player of the season.. I have top respect for him and hopefully his career will resume again in the top flight !