PDA

View Full Version : Bohs Away Friday

Pages : [1] 2 3

avvenalaf
25/10/2009, 6:22 PM
We have a responsibility to Shamrock rovers and to the league to field our strongest possible team next Friday night against Bohemians. We should, after all, remember how gracious in victory the management and staff of Shamrock Rovers were when they beat us with a penalty which was a hand ball to us and when they scored form one of our kick outs which, for some reason, was taken by them from our corner flag. This, therefore, in 4 4 2, is my team for Friday night.

1 Richard Brush
2 Gerry Carr
3 Martin Camano
4 Rory Huston
5 Chris Butler

6 Michael Clancy
7 Paul Cook
8 Mary McGowan (Don't forget the make up, Mary, the game's on telly)
9 Eddie McCullough

10 Gino O'Boyle
11 Shane Filan

Reckon, with Conor out of the final, these guys would all be playing for a place in the final squad.

Rovers1
25/10/2009, 6:26 PM
What about Jim F and DB??

roversman
25/10/2009, 6:30 PM
what about
micky robinson
andy tiernan
and brian mcmorrow aka benny the bull

sligofan4ever
25/10/2009, 7:08 PM
Glen McCormack,Kevin Julien,Piotr Bajdziak and Zoltan Vasas would all do a fine job for us too!

Rovers1
25/10/2009, 7:10 PM
Gary McCormack

Who?:confused:

sligofan4ever
25/10/2009, 7:27 PM
Who?:confused:

Meant to say Glen McCormack :o

gustavo
25/10/2009, 7:42 PM
or we could just play with the motivation of ensuring our Premer Division status

Rovers Maniac
25/10/2009, 7:49 PM
No pressure on us heading into this one, would be great to ensure our survival next week. By the way is this on TV?

Rovers1
25/10/2009, 8:47 PM
By the way is this on TV?

Ya, they just announced it there on PSS.

CF1989
26/10/2009, 12:45 AM
i dont care who wins the league, our only objective is to enusre our own safety. cant be thinking anything like if we get something shams might win the league. we've a job to do. we need to go up there and go for the win, we're capable of it

avvenalaf
26/10/2009, 12:32 PM
I was thinking of the other Rory Huston. But you can go on the bench if you want.

Redkenrover
26/10/2009, 12:43 PM
We have a responsibility to Shamrock rovers and to the league to field our strongest possible team next Friday night against Bohemians. We should, after all, remember how gracious in victory the management and staff of Shamrock Rovers were when they beat us with a penalty which was a hand ball to us and when they scored form one of our kick outs which, for some reason, was taken by them from our corner flag. This, therefore, in 4 4 2, is my team for Friday night.

1 Richard Brush
2 Gerry Carr
3 Martin Camano
4 Rory Huston
5 Chris Butler

6 Michael Clancy
7 Paul Cook
8 Mary McGowan (Don't forget the make up, Mary, the game's on telly)
9 Eddie McCullough

10 Gino O'Boyle
11 Shane Filan

Reckon, with Conor out of the final, these guys would all be playing for a place in the final squad.

This is total rubbish! I mean what more have I to do to get in the starting eleven. I'm distraught!!:D

MMVIII
26/10/2009, 12:53 PM
Back to the bread and butter this Friday. Huge game this for both teams. We win, we're 95 percent safe. We draw were still safe and so on. Results go our way we could be guarenteed of Premier Divison football next season. Last away game of the season so hopefully there'll be a big crowd of us up.

dublinred
26/10/2009, 1:00 PM
Need something badly to take the pressure off the final game a point should be enough barring freak results elsewhere but as we have seen this year anything can happen.

BTW: Free admission to this one with the An Post vouchers if anyone has some.

sligofan4ever
26/10/2009, 1:13 PM
Is this supposed to be on television ?

Rovers1
26/10/2009, 1:15 PM
Is this supposed to be on television ?

RTE2. Will probably stop some people from travelling.:(

forza rovers
26/10/2009, 2:30 PM
don't forget your suits.:cool:

MMVIII
26/10/2009, 2:31 PM
don't forget your suits.:cool:

Yep, Forgot to mention that, we'll all be wearing suits :)

rovers100%
26/10/2009, 4:06 PM
doubt we will get anything from this game id say the lads are feeling the tiredness now. a lot of them out sat nite and seen a gang of them in a certain pub at 1pm today. they deserve a good weekend after semi but the job is only half done yet as we got to survive relegation and cup final still to be won yet.

mint sauce
26/10/2009, 8:10 PM
should i bring my boots just incase

:D

Well Red
26/10/2009, 9:26 PM
I see the Rovers ladies have beaten Culfadda 9 nil, now if you want a talented team to go to Dalymount, go no further

avvenalaf
26/10/2009, 11:37 PM
I see the Rovers ladies have beaten Culfadda 9 nil, now if you want a talented team to go to Dalymount, go no further

I presume you mean Culfadda.

Well Red
27/10/2009, 8:54 AM
doubt we will get anything from this game id say the lads are feeling the tiredness now. a lot of them out sat nite and seen a gang of them in a certain pub at 1pm today. they deserve a good weekend after semi but the job is only half done yet as we got to survive relegation and cup final still to be won yet.

If I was the manager I would have us going flat out for a point at least, Bohs are very nervous about the BOR. The guys have had since last Friday to chill and for pros tiredness should not be a problem. Great if we could make the Drogheda match into a night of celebration without having to win. Got a good feeling about Friday and lets get there and give the team the kind of support that we gave them in the Showgrounds. The support last Friday was brilliant and our fans should have been man of the match or should I say man/woman of the match.

CF1989
27/10/2009, 9:52 AM
they've only beaten us once this year in 90 minutes. that was when we had about 10 players missing. and had the likes of paul curry playing. they even stuggled to break us down in that! we shouldnt fear them. it should be them fearing us. the longer it goes at 0-0 they more anxious they'll get. we can beat them!

Redie
27/10/2009, 10:35 AM
Meant to say Glen McCormack :o

You Did:confused:

Well Red
27/10/2009, 11:57 AM
Its amusing to read the postings on the Bohs Forum, general opinion is that they will win 2 or 3 nil. Had to laugh when I saw the following quotes.
1 Hoping they get an official who will not give any stupid decisions against them. This would be a first as far as Rovers are concerned.

2 Although Bohs have lost a few times to Sligo, Bohs were by far the best team. Not the way I saw it.

3 In a one off match Bohs will be too good for Sligo.
Do I not remember us beating them in the Cup not long ago, even if it too a second go.

4 They dont believe all the crap about Sligo bringing a second string to Dalymount. I hope they are right.

Reading through the posts I guess they are trying to be confident but are s--t scared of what the outcome will be, whistling in the dark is a phrase that comes too mind.
On Friday night we are going depend on having the best officials in charge, otherwise we will be playing 12 men as usual when it comes to Dublin teams been involved.

CF1989
27/10/2009, 12:12 PM
another classic off it :
'staying in the league is far more important than staying in the league'

'Sligo are fighting for our lives and we are top of the league,sorry let me just say that again it felt good,we are top of the league'

the inteligence is there for all to see

avvenalaf
27/10/2009, 1:43 PM
another classic off it :
'staying in the league is far more important than staying in the league'

'Sligo are fighting for our lives and we are top of the league,sorry let me just say that again it felt good,we are top of the league'

the inteligence is there for all to see

Bit of an og there.

CF1989
27/10/2009, 2:36 PM
Bit of an og there.

not all words have just one spelling!! :p

SligoBrewer
27/10/2009, 3:57 PM
On Friday night we are going depend on having the best officials in charge, otherwise we will be playing 12 men as usual when it comes to Dublin teams been involved.

Alan Kelly is refereeing.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2699/

CF1989
27/10/2009, 4:28 PM
Alan Kelly is refereeing.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2699/

massive shock kelly reffing with the game being on TV :rolleyes:

rob mcdonald
27/10/2009, 5:06 PM
Added to that we had the genius of Sean Doherty playing
Does anyone know where he went after returning to UK to "continue" his playing career.

BohsPartisan
27/10/2009, 6:52 PM
Chaps,

While I won't be underestimating the threat Sligo will pose, we are playing like a different team now to when we last played you (those three games were during our worst patch of the season). We're not getting in a panic when it goes on 0-0 for a while - as last Friday in Galway showed and most of all, despite what happened earlier in the season, we are the reigning champions and we are top of the league so obviously we are the better of the two sides. Bare in mind we've scored 11 in our last four outings!

As I said I'll take nothing for granted but I'm far more confident going into this game than I would have been a month ago. I think we'll win it but that's not to say I'd be utterly shocked if we didn't.

BTW, congrats on getting to the final. Hope you beat Fingal.

roversforever
27/10/2009, 7:04 PM
Chaps,
Bare in mind we've scored 11 in our last four outings!

Bare in mind ye're playing against gavin peers this week!;)

rob mcdonald
27/10/2009, 8:25 PM
Had a Shams fan beggin us to do them a favour on Friday night. Reminded him of O'Neill's comments after their visit to the s'grounds and how smug he was at that stage. How many favours do they want???

avvenalaf
27/10/2009, 11:21 PM
Had a Shams fan beggin us to do them a favour on Friday night. Reminded him of O'Neill's comments after their visit to the s'grounds and how smug he was at that stage. How many favours do they want???

What did she look like?

reddynamite
28/10/2009, 12:55 AM
just because yee scored 11 goals in pased few games dosent meanthat yee will beat us i reckon it will be a very tight game,granted yee need to win but realy we kinda do too it will be smashing game...........oh alice kerr lol

While I won't be underestimating the threat Sligo will pose, we are playing like a different team now to when we last played you (those three games were during our worst patch of the season). We're not getting in a panic when it goes on 0-0 for a while - as last Friday in Galway showed and most of all, despite what happened earlier in the season, we are the reigning champions and we are top of the league so obviously we are the better of the two sides. Bare in mind we've scored 11 in our last four outings!

As I said I'll take nothing for granted but I'm far more confident going into this game than I would have been a month ago. I think we'll win it but that's not to say I'd be utterly shocked if we didn't.

BTW, congrats on getting to the final. Hope you beat Fingal.[/QUOTE]

Rovers Maniac
28/10/2009, 12:25 PM
What about your fetish for the ex Easkey centre half forward or full forward avvenalaf? Surely worth a run out in your team for Friday. :D

avvenalaf
28/10/2009, 1:45 PM
What about your fetish for the ex Easkey centre half forward or full forward avvenalaf? Surely worth a run out in your team for Friday. :D

He'd be sent off in the first five minutes and then we'd be accused of throwing the match.

rovers100%
28/10/2009, 2:26 PM
Glen McCormack,Kevin Julien,Piotr Bajdziak and Zoltan Vasas would all do a fine job for us too!

i have to stand up for glen in above post as he is a good lad and was used as a pawn that day by cook and put in a position he was not comfortable with. he got a phonecall at last minute to come and play and he jumped at the chance, and it hurt himself with his performance. he loves the rovers and goes to all the games. remember making your debut in a place like the branywell and playing out of position is difficult at best. dont worry i know the post is only a bit of craic and not a dig at him just giving people an insight

BohsPartisan
28/10/2009, 5:50 PM
just because yee scored 11 goals in pased few games dosent meanthat yee will beat us i reckon it will be a very tight game,granted yee need to win but realy we kinda do too it will be smashing game...........oh alice kerr lol

If you read the whole post you'd see that's not what I was saying. Oh why do I bother? :confused:

dublinred
29/10/2009, 11:56 AM
20 quid into Dalymount for this one, having beaten Bohs twice already this season we have been upgraded to Category A material. Hope we can get something out of this game and not have to rely on the last game of the season to avoid the playoffs massive game for bohs if they win they will be champions if they lose they are relegated if Shams pip them to the league.

dong
29/10/2009, 12:01 PM
20 quid into Dalymount for this one, having beaten Bohs twice already this season we have been upgraded to Category A material.

20 into the Jodi anyways all the time, which is where they normally put us. Was 15 at the cup game as we were at the far end (Connacht Road end?)
Its a joke to be charging 20 to watch LoI football but I've ranted about this plenty of times elsewhere so not going to start again now.
:mad:

SligoBrewer
29/10/2009, 12:59 PM
20 into the Jodi anyways all the time, which is where they normally put us. Was 15 at the cup game as we were at the far end (Connacht Road end?)
Its a joke to be charging 20 to watch LoI football but I've ranted about this plenty of times elsewhere so not going to start again now.
:mad:

Ah ffs.

CF1989
29/10/2009, 1:10 PM
im sure theres students prices €10 as normal

sligoman
29/10/2009, 6:53 PM
if they win they will be championsOnly if Shamrock don't win too.

reddynamite
29/10/2009, 8:04 PM
20 quid in wow they defo should have student prices 2mro nite,will be great game all around tho im looking forward to it

Brian Boru
29/10/2009, 8:06 PM
I think we must go all out for a win. We are capable. If we lose and Shams lose Galway will be home and dry. Moreover, Shams will have nothing to play for and Pats will beat them in the last game of the season. We could draw against Drogheda and suddenly we'd be in the playoffs.

If we go all out for the win we'll draw at least and that would be satisfactory. In the grander scheme of things this is as important as the cup final!

dong
29/10/2009, 9:10 PM
Ah ffs.
What?

sligoman
29/10/2009, 11:29 PM
Pele's suspended for this one.