PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Fingal

rovers100%
25/10/2009, 4:10 PM
looks like it will be fingal v us for the final. i know its only half time but bray look like they have no answer to fingal. poor enough crowd and very poor atmosphere compared to our semi. i think from what im watching fingal will give us a good game and will be tough opposition.

Rovers Maniac
25/10/2009, 4:16 PM
Jesus Sporting Fingal have destroyed Bray, but we will have a good crowd behind us. It will be tough but if our big players play we can do it.

Rovers1
25/10/2009, 5:34 PM
Bray were shocking. they never turned up. Fingal will be tough, but at least we'll outnumber them support wise. Doubt SDCC/FAI will put in much extra seating (if any), in Tallaght.

Rovers1
25/10/2009, 5:55 PM
They're even taking calls about us on Newstalk...although the Rovers fan on now thinks we get 3,000 every home game ?????

avvenalaf
25/10/2009, 5:59 PM
Delighted, Fingal will be easier to beat than Bray, most of their players are mercenaries, they have no ambition, big premier division stars and they drop to the first division for money and dont even walk the league. All LOI neutrals will be supporting us

I don't know whether you're deluded or taking the ****. SF is exactly what we don't want in the final. They are like us in 94 - full of confidence and on a roll. They have several players who would walk onto our team so I think we're in for a real toughie and won't be surprised if we get done in this final.

Rovers1
25/10/2009, 6:03 PM
Delighted, Fingal will be easier to beat than Bray, most of their players are mercenaries, they have no ambition, big premier division stars and they drop to the first division for money and dont even walk the league. All LOI neutrals will be supporting us

I'd have to agree with avenalaaf here. Bray would have been most peoples choice, plus Fingal are probably the most ambitious team in the LoI right now. I'd still be confident we can beat them though. Our game against them in the EA Sports Cup was a tough one, but we've a better side now.

mint sauce
25/10/2009, 7:36 PM

i'd have to disagree with ya on their ambition, 3 nill up against one premier leauge side in 20 minutes, they'll want to beat another in the final, really reakon they will be up for it, plus they will see our poor first half and might think there in with a shot

Rovers Maniac
25/10/2009, 8:11 PM
I'd have to agree with avenalaaf here. Bray would have been most peoples choice, plus Fingal are probably the most ambitious team in the LoI right now. I'd still be confident we can beat them though. Our game against them in the EA Sports Cup was a tough one, but we've a better side now.

They had no Maher, Paisley that night and that lad Bayly only came on late for them. But we are in far better form now though and Fingal will have a busy end to the season.

Rovers1
25/10/2009, 8:23 PM
Fingal will have a busy end to the season.

Let's hope they get to the playoffs so ;)

Martinho II
26/10/2009, 4:47 PM
Fingal are a good side lads.. Two very good ex Town players played for them that night Kirbs and Collie James, one very bad Paisley and one that could have signed for us earlier in the season Chris Knopcka! It will be a bad day for football if Fungus win the final..:(

sligofan4ever
26/10/2009, 4:49 PM
Fingal are a good side lads.. Two very good ex Town players played for them that night Kirbs and Collie James, one very bad Paisley and one that could have signed for us earlier in the season Chris Knopcka! It will be a bad day for football if Fungus win the final..:(

Don't worry Marty, that won't happen now that we're in the final :D.

Martinho II
26/10/2009, 4:52 PM
Don't worry Marty, that won't happen now that we're in the final :D.

I will do a Kevin Keegan on this one I would love it if ye beat them love it!!:D

The Lep
26/10/2009, 5:08 PM

Why would it?

avvenalaf
26/10/2009, 5:28 PM
Why would it?

Because it would mean that Sligo Rovers would not have won it. It's not rocket science FFS.

Martinho II
28/10/2009, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=The Lep;1258657]Why would it?[/QUOTE

because it would be the lowest crowd ever from a cup winning side! dont get me wrong I have great time for Kirbs but he has won two cup medals theres no need for him to win a third!

Redie
28/10/2009, 12:48 PM
We have beaten Cork, Derry, Bohs and Waterford to get to the final so there is no way we should worry about who we are up against.

Of course SF are a good team as ther win over Shams proved and they have as much right to win the competition as any other club.

Its a one off match in which anything can happen and I suspect the bookies will have it the odds 50/50. Just hope it's a good match and a good occasion for everyone involved.

avvenalaf
28/10/2009, 1:48 PM
We have beaten Cork, Derry, Bohs and Waterford to get to the final so there is no way we should worry about who we are up against.

Of course SF are a good team as ther win over Shams proved and they have as much right to win the competition as any other club.

Its a one off match in which anything can happen and I suspect the bookies will have it the odds 50/50. Just hope it's a good match and a good occasion for everyone involved.

Ah, FFS get off the fence. I don't give two ****s what kind of a match it is as long as the cup comes to the Showgrounds.