PDA

View Full Version : Fingal's budget and number of professionals

Pages : [1] 2

Tony Soprano
25/10/2009, 4:00 PM
how much money do these guys have ?

anyone any idea what budget they are operating on compared to clubs in the Premier Division ?

how many of their players are on full time contracts ?

CSFShels
25/10/2009, 4:10 PM
They're 100% fulltime. Dunno their exact budget but I would imagine its up there with the top dogs of the Premier. Would imagine only Rovers will be competing with them on the wages front next year. Obviously alot will depend on whether they're in the Premier Division and Europe.

blue til i die
25/10/2009, 4:28 PM
They're 100% fulltime.

I know Kirby is definately in college up there too so dont know if he's fulltime, but afaik, most would be fulltime!

shelsfan1
25/10/2009, 4:56 PM
17.5k a week is the number i've heard

CSFShels
25/10/2009, 4:58 PM
Nah its gotta be more than that.

RonnieB
25/10/2009, 5:48 PM
17.5k a week

*faints*

Celdrog
25/10/2009, 6:04 PM
17.5k a week is the number i've heardTotal budget or wages?

Darkglasses
25/10/2009, 6:28 PM
Total budget or wages?

Well its definitely not attendance anyway.

Buile Shuibhne
25/10/2009, 6:38 PM
Fingal are bankrolled by developer Gerry Gannon who owns huge tracts of County Fingal, awaiting rezoning and planning permission.

As the Lep says in another thread - they are not dependent on gate money.

Another sustainable model in league of ireland football :eek:

The Lep
25/10/2009, 7:06 PM
We will be on the same budget next year promoted or not.

paul_oshea
25/10/2009, 8:36 PM
is that gerry gannon, who did dundrum as well? that fella had no interest in soccer.....

The Lep
25/10/2009, 8:37 PM
We have other sponsors as well lads :)

paul_oshea
25/10/2009, 8:38 PM
Do the number of sponsors outweigh supporters?! ;)

gael353
25/10/2009, 8:43 PM
Total budget or wages?

that would be playing budget as most other expences are looked after by FCC. Stadium, training facilities, insurance etc UCD although not paying anything like fingal are in an equally privilaged position with all non playing expenses being taken care of by the college hense their positions in the league. shels and to a far lesser extenct waterford are the only other teams spending money on players in the first division

The Lep
25/10/2009, 8:45 PM
Do the number of sponsors outweigh supporters?! ;)

It may well do :D

blue til i die
25/10/2009, 8:49 PM
Do we have any idea of the wage bills at shels and ucd?

The Lep
25/10/2009, 8:50 PM
We got a new investor on board this week. Some chap called Coughlan, said he will bring Fingal to the top. Anyone know him? Think his name is tom or tim or something.

brianw82
25/10/2009, 9:09 PM
We got a new investor on board this week. Some chap called Coughlan, said he will bring Fingal to the top. Anyone know him? Think his name is tom or tim or something.

Yeah, I think he drives a van.

Schumi
25/10/2009, 9:18 PM

I think ours is less than a quarter of the Fingal figure mentioned earlier.

Graemerz
25/10/2009, 9:24 PM
Yes another club in 5 years time will be a shell. When will the Eircom clubs ever learn...?

Tony Soprano
25/10/2009, 9:25 PM
We will be on the same budget next year promoted or not.

do you think they will increse the budget at all if you get promoted ?

The Lep
25/10/2009, 10:25 PM
Dont know, i wouldnt say so.

drummerboy
26/10/2009, 8:35 AM
Gannon was involved in the Anglo-Irish debacle. Heard he owes a lot of money. Just wonder how long he will stick with FIngal for.

Lamper.sffc
26/10/2009, 9:41 AM
Gannon was involved in the Anglo-Irish debacle. Heard he owes a lot of money. Just wonder how long he will stick with FIngal for.

As said previously, Its not just Gannon.

Lamper.sffc
26/10/2009, 9:46 AM
do you think they will increse the budget at all if you get promoted ?

To be honest we dont have to. With other clubs unable to pay the wages they used to, Fingal dont have to offer ridiculous money to get their men. We just have to offer a little more than other clubs can. Plus the fact we offer college scholorships to our players is another reason we have attracted players. Paisley and Zayed picked us because of this.

OneForTheFuture
26/10/2009, 9:50 AM
To be honest we dont have to. With other clubs unable to pay the wages they used to, Fingal dont have to offer ridiculous money to get their men. We just have to offer a little more than other clubs can. Plus the fact we offer college scholorships to our players is another reason we have attracted players. Paisley and Zayed picked us because of this.

That's a good point and I think it will be the case. Fingal will be in a good position again next season when it comes to wages. And with European Football a possability not many players would overlook the club.

Poor Student
26/10/2009, 10:08 AM
UCD although not paying anything like fingal are in an equally privilaged position with all non playing expenses being taken care of by the college hense their positions in the league.

UCD AFC in partnership with the rugby club maintains the ground. It was the joint fundraising of the clubs that lead to its redevelopment to bring it up to its current standard. The club also pays for its scholarships, not the university. The university provides the basic framework for the club to exist within but most of its expenses and fundraising are done by itself.

Who do Fingal do their scholarships with? DCU?

HarpoJoyce
26/10/2009, 11:32 AM

I understand Stephen Paisley is in DCU.

HarpoJoyce
26/10/2009, 11:51 AM
not surprised these tossers have no fans went over to watch the game as a neutral and was late so headed into the bray terrace for the rest of the first half then tried to go into the stand for the second half and wasnt allowed out of the bray section idiots!!, dont know how these were allowed into the league its another FAI joke they havent any fans yesterdays match made a show of the league in terms of facilities and the attendance was shocking there was more in the pub down the road watching the arsenal game.

You didn't go to the game as I neutral now did you?
There was families supporting Bray Wanderers in the full Main Stand. If you took an aggressive attitude towards the stewards they were right to keep out of there.

The semi-final is the best I have seen Sporting play so far this season. They carved open Bray numerous times in the first half.

It's great for the First Division to have a team in the FAI Cup Final.

The Lep
26/10/2009, 12:21 PM
not surprised these tossers have no fans went over to watch the game as a neutral and was late so headed into the bray terrace for the rest of the first half then tried to go into the stand for the second half and wasnt allowed out of the bray section idiots!!, dont know how these were allowed into the league its another FAI joke they havent any fans yesterdays match made a show of the league in terms of facilities and the attendance was shocking there was more in the pub down the road watching the arsenal game.

Another brilliant post,:D these type of posts should be made into a book like the book " overheard in dublin ".

mr.untitled
26/10/2009, 12:48 PM
Some of the crap posted on here is crazy. There are two ways major leagues are run around the world, the franchise system (MSL, A league etc.) and the (for lack of a better term) free market system (european leagues). we have the latter here. SF are operating within the system. They may well come a cropper like Shels or Drogs, but untill then, fair play to them. The problem is not S. Fingal, the problem is the system, yet the same people who give out about SF, brand them as a franchise, when in fact they are the complete opposite.

TheSaint2002
26/10/2009, 12:53 PM
You didn't go to the game as I neutral now did you?
There was families supporting Bray Wanderers in the full Main Stand. If you took an aggressive attitude towards the stewards they were right to keep out of there.

what the hell are you on about all I wanted to do was sit down for the second half as I was cold whatever if logical thinking is beyond those stewarding fingal games then forget it.

The Lep
26/10/2009, 12:57 PM
Why didnt you go in there first? You arrived late, made your mind up to go on the terrace with the away fans and now you blame the stewards for not letting you into the stand. Its good to see that the stewards are up to their job.

John83
26/10/2009, 1:03 PM
what the hell are you on about all I wanted to do was sit down for the second half as I was cold whatever if logical thinking is beyond those stewarding fingal games then forget it.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011h.gif (http://www.empowerthyself.com/punctuation)

blue til i die
26/10/2009, 1:10 PM
I understand Stephen Paisley is in DCU.

Kirby's in DCU too i think

CSFShels
26/10/2009, 1:33 PM
Definitely no need to be segregating people at a Fingal/Bray game.

Lamper.sffc
26/10/2009, 3:20 PM
because there was no sign or information stating that one side was away fans only and the other was for home fans and if you consider this kind of pettiness as a steward doing his job then you are an absolute moron, at the end of the day I traveled all the way from tallaght on public transport to support Irish football I could have stayed in the pub with all the west brit loving football heads and thats your attitude it stinks and has no place in Irish football, I've always had great treatment around the league from Derry,Cork,Sligo real football people.

Take a chill pill.

Lamper.sffc
26/10/2009, 3:23 PM
UCD AFC in partnership with the rugby club maintains the ground. It was the joint fundraising of the clubs that lead to its redevelopment to bring it up to its current standard. The club also pays for its scholarships, not the university. The university provides the basic framework for the club to exist within but most of its expenses and fundraising are done by itself.

If memory serves me right, its Blanchardstown IT as well as DCU

Raheny Red
27/10/2009, 12:11 AM
Also some players have the luxury of a free vehicle and apartment while contracted to Sporting Mongrel.

The Lep
27/10/2009, 12:34 AM
Dont believe everything you read :)

pineapple stu
27/10/2009, 10:35 AM
UCD [...] are in an equally privilaged position with all non playing expenses being taken care of by the college hense their positions in the league.
Jesus; do people still believe this nonsense, or are they just trolling when they post it?

I think ours is about E3k a week. Heard E10k+ a week for Shels at the start of the season, but that's a word-on-the-street job and may well be way out. I would imagine, though, that Shels are a good bit ahead of everyone else (bar Fingal obviously).

They may well come a cropper like Shels or Drogs, but untill then, fair play to them.
Ah yes, the good old Shels-esque "There's no news, so it hasn't happened" approach.

The problem with SF is that the league has seen it all before. Throwing money at a squad doesn't mean people will turn out. A club wholly reliant on one individual is utterly unhealthy. Nobody's saying Fingal aren't entitled to do what they're doing, but they are entitled to be worried that it's utterly unsustainable, could lead to renewed wage inflation at a time when we appear to be getting on top of it and will quite likely lead to another high profile implosion down the line, which no-one wants.

If Fingal lived within their means without their backer - i.e. spent what an average crowd of 500 could sustain - then no-one'd complain about them.

mr.untitled
27/10/2009, 1:45 PM
Ah yes, the good old Shels-esque "There's no news, so it hasn't happened" approach.

The problem with SF is that the league has seen it all before. Throwing money at a squad doesn't mean people will turn out. A club wholly reliant on one individual is utterly unhealthy. Nobody's saying Fingal aren't entitled to do what they're doing, but they are entitled to be worried that it's utterly unsustainable, could lead to renewed wage inflation at a time when we appear to be getting on top of it and will quite likely lead to another high profile implosion down the line, which no-one wants.

If Fingal lived within their means without their backer - i.e. spent what an average crowd of 500 could sustain - then no-one'd complain about them.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree, but if is not SFs fault, its the fault of the system. In an ideal world, all clubs would live within their means but do you honestly think that will ever happen, the market is just not there so people will gamble for a slice of what is there, that is inevitable. This is why I advocate franchise football, something nobody on here will even consider no matter how many clubs go to the wall, no matter how poor crowds get.

pineapple stu
27/10/2009, 1:57 PM
Absolutely it's not SF's fault. But you can see why people get critical of SF.

And the SF experiment has done nothing to show there's any future for franchise football in Ireland. Even with what - backing of E1m a year +? - you're struggling to get crowds. Where are you going to find 22 people who'll back LoI clubs with E1m a year for no payback? And such a system is inherently unstable in that clubs are subject to the whims of those backers. In that post alone (and I haven't read your other advocations), you've offered no reasons for franchise football at all.

mr.untitled
27/10/2009, 2:18 PM
But say you get those investors to invest in the league (a 10 team league) and not the clubs. The league would own the players and allocate them to the clubs through a draft system, there by regulating wages. The clubs remain independently owned (shamrock rovers model springs to mind) but are payed up members of the leagus, the league os the franchise.

The Lep
27/10/2009, 2:26 PM
Sporting Fingal is a community team and is just one of many sports projects in Fingal hence the name Sport in Fingal.
Is this a bad thing to enhance sport in North County Dublin? When the sport complex in lusk is built, junior teams will have access to its facilities as well as coaching along with others sports.
If this is a franchise then i welcome it as its many projects help the people in Fingal through sport.
How many of the league clubs has a power soccer team? ( wheelchair football )
Futsal, a special olympics team?
Pop into a few sports complex or community centres in Fingal to see what sport and education activities are linked with sporting fingal or have a read through the website.
How many league clubs put this much into their community? not many and certainly not those that have so called fans slagging Fingal on here.

Will Sporting Fingal able to maintain a Premier division side with the quality of players they have long term from the the money coming through the gates on match days? Only time will tell and but if not then i see a Sporting Fingal side in the league for a long time to come either full or part-time with more Fingal based players in either the premier or the first division and they will have my support during the low times as well as the highs.

mr.untitled
27/10/2009, 2:46 PM
Up there with clubs running themselves properly in the improbability stakes, I'm afraid.

I agree, finding investment is the big problem here but big business wont invest in LOI clubs in the current system yet O'brien is prepared to pay traps wages. Individually the clubs have very little clout in the transfer market, a combined league would have far more, an added incentive for investors, As it stands, the league is tearing itself apart internally (very little to do with barstoolers or lack of interest). There needs to be a drastic overhaul, the league needs to be as strong as the sum of all its parts, not as weak,
I realize my idea may be pie in the sky but the fact remains that the league in its current form is unsustainable and actually harmful to irish football

pineapple stu
27/10/2009, 2:57 PM
The league is perfectly sustainable. To say otherwise is just to fall into cliché and soundbyte. Look at Monaghan, pootering away on crowds on 100, but surviving just grand due to their outside income they work hard to generate. Clubs like Fingal aren't sustainable.

Mark
27/10/2009, 3:32 PM
Clubs like Fingal aren't sustainable.

Sure give them time. they can only be proved to be unsustainable over time and are doing very well for a new team.

Celdrog
27/10/2009, 6:20 PM
I've posted the wage budget in thread. Is that the €17.5k per week?
Where did you get it from?

Pauro 76
27/10/2009, 8:43 PM
Guys, quit the personal slagging and get back on-topic please.