PDA

View Full Version : The new Trap Song from the Corrigans

Noelys Guitar
25/10/2009, 2:02 PM
Interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK3FCQrUXHw

Scooby Doo
25/10/2009, 2:15 PM
Some of the lyrics leave alot to be desired but it sounds good. I could imagine drunkenly singing along with this song after a good result on the 18th! Not a bad effort at all. Alot better than the embarrassing 'Here Come the Good Times' of WC '02!

EastTerracer
25/10/2009, 3:08 PM
Jesus wept - that is atrocious!

back of the net
25/10/2009, 4:03 PM
[QUOTE=Scooby Doo;1257836]Some of the lyrics leave alot to be desired but it sounds good. QUOTE]

a lot to be desired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................torra torra la ...do u think???

its awful......

Heres to that song never been played at an ireland game.

Cringefest

paul_oshea
25/10/2009, 5:24 PM
its cheesy, its simple lads, but these need to be that way.

The lyrics are horrible but its upbeat and quick, its got a good vcv guitar structure though. ID like to see the song redone with better lyrics, which it might be done if we beat france.

elroy
25/10/2009, 7:23 PM
Its no give it a lash Jack!!!

Cant go wrong with tour a loo etc etc, but the lyrics in this effort are fairly poor.

Traps Cat
25/10/2009, 7:33 PM
God thats awful

paul_oshea
25/10/2009, 8:20 PM
lads ive been giving this a bit more of a listen and taking out the lyrics, its fierce catchy.

I could see a lot of lads singing this after 10 pints in paris after a victory :D

Ireland4ever
25/10/2009, 8:23 PM
TRuly awful!

Murfinator
25/10/2009, 9:16 PM
Out of curiousity why does a topic about the Irish team in a video game get flamed and locked but a song about the Irish team is a perfectly valid discussion point? :rolleyes:

strangeirish
25/10/2009, 10:35 PM
lads ive been giving this a bit more of a listen and taking out the lyrics, its fierce catchy.

I could see a lot of lads singing this after 10 pints in paris after a victory :D
You're right...It's fierce. Sounds like Big Tom and his band on crack! Woeful ****e.

kennedmc
25/10/2009, 10:44 PM
That is fuvking shocking. End of.

And why the need to mention Stephen Ireland and Andy Reid? And the chorus also relates just to the french?

kennedmc
25/10/2009, 10:46 PM
Out of curiousity why does a topic about the Irish team in a video game get flamed and locked but a song about the Irish team is a perfectly valid discussion point? :rolleyes:

Probably because your thread was the worst on any internet forum ever posted. Ever.

Schumi
25/10/2009, 11:06 PM
Could only get half way through, that's absolutely brutal.

Colbert Report
25/10/2009, 11:25 PM
Terrible! I love it though.

Emmet7
26/10/2009, 12:14 AM
Not great...I think anyone on this thread could do better, and I doubt many are in the music business.

That said, I wonder could anyone on here do better? Maybe we should try? Come up with lyrics, then someone write the music...

Worth a go anyhow.

eaststand85
26/10/2009, 7:32 AM
Criminal. This is the same crowd who did that ridiculous 'Oirish' Barack Obama song. Should be ashamed of themselves for their stage Irishness.

Razors left peg
26/10/2009, 8:03 AM
most football songs have rubbish lyrics... think that song is a bit of craic though, catchy enough too

Junior
26/10/2009, 8:15 AM
It lacks the school class of 5 year olds in full uniform giving it laldy - just to give it that authenticity.

I watched that through squinting eyes - cringeworthy. Catchy tune tho.

endabob1
26/10/2009, 8:41 AM
I'm writing something (well trying) and the thing is it has to have a catchy sing-along shorus, everything else is immaterial. The simplest/laziest way is to take an established song and re-write the lyrics, but it needs to be simple simple simple, I can't over emphasise this!

punkrocket
26/10/2009, 9:11 AM
I've never understood why some of the old trad songs aren't adapted for football, they are generally catchy and made for singing along to. Too ra loo ra loo. too ra loo ra lay,,,too ra loo ra loo too ra loo ra lay.
Ride on, sung by the whole place at A Christy gig makes your hair stand on end too. my beautiful horse indeed!
Plenty of songs could be adapted think of all those Dubliners singalongs.

Failing that theres always the Chris De Burgh classic "ladies in green"

geysir
26/10/2009, 9:13 AM
It includes some ridiculous line about forgetting Saipan.
Never, Never.

Colbert Report
26/10/2009, 9:13 AM
I'm going to try to do up an old Pogues tune. I only know four or five chords so it might be even worse than this song.

punkrocket
26/10/2009, 9:23 AM
Yes, The Pogues could do a job all right, streams of whiskey would be good, a man you dont meet every day could be done for Trap.
Maybe the Green fields of France could be reworked for the playoffs

Murfinator
26/10/2009, 9:32 AM
I'm going to try to do up an old Pogues tune. I only know four or five chords so it might be even worse than this song.

If anyone could conjure up a tragedy worse than that I'm sure it'd be you!

seanfhear
26/10/2009, 9:47 AM
Criminal. This is the same crowd who did that ridiculous 'Oirish' Barack Obama song. Should be ashamed of themselves for their stage Irishness.
I thought Ireland was getting away from this kind of god awful crap.

Murfinator
26/10/2009, 9:56 AM
Whats worse was they covered their own song to pay tribute to Ronan O Gara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGcE4eQALE

...who covers their own song? :confused:

punkrocket
26/10/2009, 10:23 AM
That would be the 12 inch dance remix.

EastTerracer
26/10/2009, 10:44 AM
Yes, The Pogues could do a job all right, streams of whiskey would be good, a man you dont meet every day could be done for Trap.
Maybe the Green fields of France could be reworked for the playoffs

The Pogues did release "Jack's Heroes" in 1990 with the Dubliners. A smashing video to go along with it as well filmed in Tolka Park. By the Pogues standards its not a classic but it's streets ahead of the Corrigans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wotxd2uqP1c

Junior
26/10/2009, 12:26 PM
Jaysus they were all looking a lot fitter in 1990 - hard to believe almost 20 years.

Ronnie Drew - God bless him!

Leeside Swagger
26/10/2009, 12:29 PM
I cringed

Leeside Swagger
26/10/2009, 12:31 PM
These are the fellas that did the Barrack O' Bama song arent they? Thats god-awful as well.

OwlsFan
26/10/2009, 1:46 PM
I'm writing something (well trying) and the thing is it has to have a catchy sing-along shorus, everything else is immaterial. The simplest/laziest way is to take an established song and re-write the lyrics, but it needs to be simple simple simple, I can't over emphasise this!

Toura loura loura la
toura loura loura loni
let's take it to the French
here's to Trappatoni

AMusing but not enough to get the pulse racing when singing it at the ground.

Next please...

onenilgameover
26/10/2009, 1:51 PM
i think i puked a little while listening to this.

Someone needs to re-do puttem under pressure with trap..

EastTerracer
26/10/2009, 2:51 PM
For any punk fans out there there was a great World Cup CD in 2002 by a band called The Studs - the review from the Sunday Business Post is below. I have the songs on my computer so will try to post them somewhere tonight for a broader audience.....

"Dub songs
There's always one football song that the drunken masses end up singing every time the World Cup comes around. And this one could be it -- although it is more remarkable for its honesty than for its catchiness.
The single We Won't Win the World Cup was released yesterday by Dublin rockers The Studs.
The other two songs on the CD are: Mick McCarthyism, an examination of the interpenetration of football and politics, and Sitting in an Irish Bar Watching England Losing, a complex study of the psyche of the Irish soccer supporter.
A verse on the title track goes: `We're all off to the World Cup again/Mick'll have the lads in bed by 10/A 12-hour flight but we've no fear/We'll all be tanked up on beer'.
The Studs tell us that Mick McCarthyism started life as a song about "the joys of camogie", but was overhauled dramatically when the band came across an "extraordinary revelation" -- they discovered that the Irish soccer manager's name rhymed with `Communist Party'.
The band says Sitting in an Irish Bar Watching England Losing is not an anti-English song, but quite the opposite. It's a celebration of our dislike of the English soccer team."

youngirish
26/10/2009, 3:15 PM
Pretty shocking stuff that tune is. Let's hijack three lions and call it three leaf clovers on a shirt or something sh*t like that.

Eat my Goal is the best football song and no country has used that. Maybe we can hijack that.

Mad Moose
26/10/2009, 6:28 PM
Well the only thing I got in that 1 minute I'll never recover is that they are definetely brothers. May they never ever make a cent out of that for its truly awful.

I know there's a recession but surely that needs sensoring and should never ever be allowed near a human ear again unless as a form of torture. It could be used when John Delaney is finally tried for crimes against football in this country to glean a confession from him.

Gonk1976
26/10/2009, 7:41 PM
That is pretty scary.

EastTerracer
26/10/2009, 11:38 PM
For any punk fans out there there was a great World Cup CD in 2002 by a band called The Studs - the review from the Sunday Business Post is below. I have the songs on my computer so will try to post them somewhere tonight for a broader audience.....

As promised above I have uploaded the three songs to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EastTerracer

Apologies to the band if they don't want these posted online (I will remove them if requested). I just think they are too good not to share.

endabob1
27/10/2009, 5:48 AM
Toura loura loura la
toura loura loura loni
let's take it to the French
here's to Trappatoni

AMusing but not enough to get the pulse racing when singing it at the ground.

Next please...

I hope in these recessionary times you've got a day job :D

Desyf
27/10/2009, 8:03 AM

Apologies to the band if they don't want these posted online (I will remove them if requested). I just think they are too good not to share.

Excellent !!

When drunk, I sing this to the tune that Liverpool fans use for 'Campione'.

"Oh Trappatoni, the one and only, Italian
Some people say he's ancient he's not got it anymore
But he's better than Capello, he's the one that we adore,
Oh Trappatoni"
Etc etc until I'm told to shut up.

Ash
03/11/2009, 7:31 AM
Good God that was woeful ... and now I cant get the tune out of my head!

Yep that tune was by the same bucks that brought you
"O'Leary, O'Reilly, O'Hare and O'Hara ... Theres no one as Irish as Barack O'Bama"

philkildare
07/11/2009, 8:27 AM
Terrible!!!!!!

corkharps
08/11/2009, 10:46 PM

Now there's quality!:cool:

Colbert Report
09/11/2009, 12:45 AM
Whatever happened to "The Studs"? I can't seem to find them online. I'm interested in hearing more of their music.

EastTerracer
09/11/2009, 12:53 AM
Whatever happened to "The Studs"? I can't seem to find them online. I'm interested in hearing more of their music.

I believe it was a once-off recording by a few friends for the World Cup in 2002. Careers and family commitments mean they haven't produced anything since AFAIK.

magnumpi
09/11/2009, 7:51 AM
lads, was watching french tv last night, they had somebody reporting from an LOI game, couldn't see which one. anyway, then they showed some clips from against Italy, had some brief chat about set pieces, but then they majority of the piece was playing this ****e song (with french subtitles to the lyrics!!!) as if everyone in Ireland is going mad for it!

the shame.

eaststand85
09/11/2009, 8:28 AM
lads, was watching french tv last night, they had somebody reporting from an LOI game, couldn't see which one. anyway, then they showed some clips from against Italy, had some brief chat about set pieces, but then they majority of the piece was playing this ****e song (with french subtitles to the lyrics!!!) as if everyone in Ireland is going mad for it!

the shame.

Oh God, we think Domenech is crazy, can you imagine what they think of us after hearing that crap?