PDA

View Full Version : Travel to Tallaght in style with dooleys express

Pages : [1] 2

CF1989
24/10/2009, 5:08 PM
i'll be running buses to the final on the sunday morning. probably plan to leave around 8am. get straight to the ground, no hassle from getting parking spaces, getting from the train station to tallaght or anything like that. id be hoping id get a few hundred people for them. would be nice to have a fleet of buses travelling together.

hoping that tickets are going to be on sale in the ground on some night and i'll be up there to take bookings for it, probably get more people that way. it'll be 20 or 30 euro a head, cheaper than the trains anyways.

i'll confirm details during the week hopefully. would many be interested in using the bus?

Da Real Rover
24/10/2009, 6:06 PM
He drinks, he drives, hes lucky to be alive, Damieenn Dooleeeey, Damieeeen Dooleeey.

But ya good idea feo, cant wait for it now, your pint will be ready for you in Tallaght. :p

dfx-
24/10/2009, 7:25 PM
Luas from Connolly Station to Tallaght. You can't get out of Connolly without spotting the tram stop and you can't get off at Tallaght without spotting the ground 3 minutes walk away.

[Jeremy Clarkson]How hard can it be?[/Jeremy Clarkson]

SligoBrewer
24/10/2009, 7:34 PM
Luas from Connolly Station to Tallaght. You can't get out of Connolly without spotting the tram stop and you can't get off at Tallaght without spotting the ground 3 minutes walk away.

[Jeremy Clarkson]How hard can it be?[/Jeremy Clarkson]

Yeah, but that method of transport is safe and predictable.

sonofstan
24/10/2009, 7:38 PM
Yeah, but that method of transport is safe and predictable.

Not that last three minutes from the Luas stop to the ground, it's not....

mint sauce
24/10/2009, 7:59 PM
what time is kick off, any chance the express could leave a couple of hours later, i may have to come from donegal

:D

sligofan4ever
24/10/2009, 8:28 PM
what time is kick off, any chance the express could leave a couple of hours later, i may have to come from donegal

:D

3:00pm as usual i'd say.

CF1989
24/10/2009, 9:00 PM
nope im afraid we'll be leaving as early as possible. not just arriving there an hour or two before kick off like we would for any away game. its the cup final. id leave at 5 in the mornin if i cud :P

redtildead
24/10/2009, 9:05 PM
as its a sunday i presume well be stopping for mass and the roast

mint sauce
24/10/2009, 9:44 PM
as its a sunday i presume well be stopping for mass and the roast

and to get the bus blessed

sligofan4ever
24/10/2009, 9:48 PM
and to get the bus blessed

Well it better be done at the nearest church because no one wants a repeat of what happened on the way to Cork, god knows the nightmare scenario of the day would be the bus breaking down on the way to a final!. Sure dont stop there either, get Raff,Blinkhorn,Doyle,Morrison and f*ck it all the Rovers players boots blessed aswell :D.

sligofan4ever
24/10/2009, 10:48 PM
After a Saturday night out there will be a repeat of Dubrovnik with several people feeling or getting sick on the bus with such an early start. Following a fine breakfast in Mooney's we will depart for Tallaght, with the first **** stop being to pick up Marty in Longford and for Dooley to sober up to drive us the rest of the way.

The possibility of a brief pint in the huge pub in Ballinalack depending on time, then a sing song outside the team hotel, maybe organise a fight between the 10 fingal fans and Tubber Access, and the Da Real Rover can leave a "present" in a bag in the Maldron Hotel for the Shams fans to find. Into the ground early enough and bring home the cup.

If anyone is stuck for a bed in Dublin for the night, see Knappagh Red who booked out a whole floor in the Maldron last April.

From the diary of Rory H :D.

mint sauce
24/10/2009, 10:59 PM
Well it better be done at the nearest church because no one wants a repeat of what happened on the way to Cork, god knows the nightmare scenario of the day would be the bus breaking down on the way to a final!. Sure dont stop there either, get Raff,Blinkhorn,Doyle,Morrison and f*ck it all the Rovers players boots blessed aswell :D.

just bring the priest with us

:cool:

CF1989
24/10/2009, 11:12 PM
After a Saturday night out there will be a repeat of Dubrovnik with several people feeling or getting sick on the bus with such an early start. Following a fine breakfast in Mooney's we will depart for Tallaght, with the first **** stop being to pick up Marty in Longford and for Dooley to sober up to drive us the rest of the way.

The possibility of a brief pint in the huge pub in Ballinalack depending on time, then a sing song outside the team hotel, maybe organise a fight between the 10 fingal fans and Tubber Access, and the Da Real Rover can leave a "present" in a bag in the Maldron Hotel for the Shams fans to find. Into the ground early enough and bring home the cup.

If anyone is stuck for a bed in Dublin for the night, see Knappagh Red who booked out a whole floor in the Maldron last April.

dooley can drive the last 100 yards to the stadium, 2 seconds no badder

would love to get 5 or 6 buses heading up together

sligofan4ever
24/10/2009, 11:18 PM
just bring the priest with us

:cool:

Sure there'll be a person of a higher power than god on that bus, but people call him Fr.Lynott.

SligoBrewer
25/10/2009, 12:27 AM
dooley can drive the last 100 yards to the stadium, 2 seconds no badder

would love to get 5 or 6 buses heading up together

€€€€€€:p:p:p

Rovers1
25/10/2009, 10:27 AM
but people call him Fr.Lynott.

Id rather Mr Lynott... closer to God than any known being.

sligofan4ever
25/10/2009, 10:56 AM
Id rather Mr LyNNot... closer to God than any known being.

Even closer than Kevin Julien :eek:

mint sauce
25/10/2009, 4:46 PM
mmm, looks like gonna have to travel from donegal for this one, hopefully there will be a spare seat back to sligo on the dooley express

:o

sligoman
25/10/2009, 10:33 PM
it'll be 20 or 30 euro a head, cheaper than the trains anyways.€30 for a bus to Dublin, you're some money grabbing...

sligofan4ever
25/10/2009, 10:44 PM
I'll possibly make my way up to Dublin on the train. Bit early yet, but this will be my first visit to Tallaght. First off, how much should it cost for the train to Dublin and back to Sligo ? and secondly, when the train stops at Connolly Station, whats the quickest way to Tallaght ? someone told me the Luas, if it is how far away are you from the stadium when it arrives at the nearest stop to Tallaght Stadium ?

Thanks in advance.

Rovers1
25/10/2009, 10:55 PM
I'll possibly make my way up to Dublin on the train. Bit early yet, but this will be my first visit to Tallaght. First off, how much should it cost for the train to Dublin and back to Sligo ? and secondly, when the train stops at Connolly Station, whats the quickest way to Tallaght ? someone told me the Luas, if it is how far away are you from the stadium when it arrives at the nearest stop to Tallaght Stadium ?

Thanks in advance.

its €44 return, €32 or so with a travel card. The LUAS runs straight from Connolly to Tallaght. 5 mins walk to the stadium. Get the Dooley Express, will be chepaer and ALOT more fun.

sligofan4ever
25/10/2009, 11:12 PM
its €44 return, €32 or so with a travel card. The LUAS runs straight from Connolly to Tallaght. 5 mins walk to the stadium. Get the Dooley Express, will be chepaer and ALOT more fun.

On the way to a final ? one can only imagine how often ye'll make p!ss stops :D.

CF1989
26/10/2009, 12:41 AM
€30 for a bus to Dublin, you're some money grabbing...

its not me that sets the prices its the bus driver

sligoman
26/10/2009, 11:31 AM
23 for bus eireann, no chance of stopping, takes about 75 mins extra....obvious which is the better value Sligoman. With all this tip money you are making now from the auld ones in thep pub, you shouldn't be afraid to splash it.I'd rather give more of my tip money to Bus Eireann than give it to the bus driver if he's hiking the price up just cos it's the cup final;).

Rovers1
26/10/2009, 11:35 AM
he's hiking the price up just cos it's the cup final;).

But Sligoman, if your drinking your fine German Tesco beer, and you decide your bladder is full, you can't just ask the BE driver to pull over on the Motorway. Whereas, with the DE, you can shout and Dooley will stop anywhere you want!

Plus, he's been pretty good to us over the year!

SligoBrewer
26/10/2009, 11:45 AM
But Sligoman, if your drinking your fine German Tesco beer, and you decide your bladder is full, you can't just ask the BE driver to pull over on the Motorway. Whereas, with the DE, you can shout and Dooley will stop anywhere you want! Nobadder.

Plus, he's been pretty good to us over the year!

Fixed your post.

Da Real Rover
26/10/2009, 1:34 PM
I'd rather give more of my tip money to Bus Eireann than give it to the bus driver if he's hiking the price up just cos it's the cup final;).
Im going to **** in your bag.

Martinho II
26/10/2009, 4:19 PM

good man rory h you answered that q for me.. :D Dont forget me on the bypass! you will see me in the town gear! and dont attack me when I come on board!!

Martinho II
26/10/2009, 4:21 PM
Id rather Mr Lynott... closer to God than any known being.

Fr Lynott has the makings of being a good priest when he has a beard!!:D

CF1989
26/10/2009, 10:19 PM
hoping to put up some posters around the town and that maybe get a few more people. wonder will the train stations have a special train as they did before for the gah.

when should i start taking names? bit early yet until tickets are sold

Knappagh Red
27/10/2009, 6:42 PM

When we go to check in all the sunshiners will already be in our rooms with their slippers and dressing gowns on, a large brandy in their hands, telling everyone how they've always loved Rovers

Bigone57
27/10/2009, 7:12 PM
Dooley,Ryanair.;)

SPOT THE
DIFFERENCE :rolleyes:

There Aren't Any :D

Bravo
27/10/2009, 8:33 PM
There is massive interest, I filled one bus today within an hour. I'd say will have to look at a bigger one or another one, €25 for adults and €20 for kids.

DonalE
31/10/2009, 8:06 PM
When we go to check in all the sunshiners will already be in our rooms with their slippers and dressing gowns on, a large brandy in their hands, telling everyone how they've always loved Rovers

Those pesky sunshiners with their glasses of brandy, real fans carry a hip flask

CF1989
01/11/2009, 10:14 PM
plan for this is that we'll leave at 8, be in dublin for 11, go to where the pre match build up organised for the club is, leave there at 1 and then all over to tallaght. should be good craic. have 51 seats gone now so far. 3 weeks to go id say i'll have a table or something at the showgrounds friday night where the tickets are being sold.

DonalE
07/11/2009, 12:25 PM
New Ireland Road?

Rovers1
07/11/2009, 12:56 PM
New Ireland Road?

In the door, past the Danny Ventre shrine, up the stairs around to the left, second right.

Da Real Rover
07/11/2009, 12:57 PM
Any idea on where to go when we arrive in Dublin? Tallaght or Red Cow? Chances are it will be about 11 when we get there and pubs dont open till 12.30.
Straight to Tallaght IMO, create a bit of atmosphere before the Golden Horde (Sporting Fingal) arrives.

Rovers1
07/11/2009, 1:21 PM
Any idea on where to go when we arrive in Dublin? Tallaght or Red Cow? Chances are it will be about 11 when we get there and pubs dont open till 12.30.

Could stop off at Mother Hubards for an hour for cans?

avvenalaf
07/11/2009, 2:16 PM
Could stop off at Mother Hubards for an hour for cans?

Mother Hubbard's? Jaysus, you musn't have been in Dublin since we were in the final in '94.

Rovers Maniac
07/11/2009, 2:25 PM
Mother Hubbard's? Jaysus, you musn't have been in Dublin since we were in the final in '94.

He was very attached to the place :D:D

Boo_Boy
07/11/2009, 5:23 PM
Ah sh*te, I don't think I'll get down here..Feck it, we'll give it a go BECAUSE I'M A F***ING HEADER!

- Dooley on getting down a small street

CF1989
07/11/2009, 7:32 PM
have 80 now

CF1989
10/11/2009, 11:22 PM
97 people now or this.

getting closer to the day now only 11 days!! the more bookings i get the more buses i can get. keep them coming

mint sauce
14/11/2009, 9:45 AM
is there a meeting point for the retuen leg, is it pay in advance or pay on the bus

CF1989
14/11/2009, 2:09 PM
pay on the bus

i'll post up here where the buses are parking etc. I think it will be at the red cow hotel.
have 112 now

bomber82290
16/11/2009, 8:34 PM
Dooley can you post your no please

Kevin L
16/11/2009, 11:35 PM
The Club was informed today that due to new regulations that apply to the "Dooley Express Corporation" only because of "eratic driving" in the past, every passenger must have a pack of Sligo Rovers Christmas Cards in their possession when they arrive in Tallaght. Packs are 5 euro each and CF1989 will be selling them on Sunday morning. Busses will not be allowed leave until everybody on the bus has purchased a pack of Christmas Cards.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

This is a Club Fundraiser!! so CF1989 get selling and Dooley, get the map out!!

CF1989
16/11/2009, 11:39 PM
im away sunday.....