PDA

View Full Version : Harps v Shels OFF

harps1954
24/10/2009, 2:37 PM
Harps v Shels game this evening has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Match will now be played on Monday 2nd November at 8.00pm.

Ezeikial
24/10/2009, 3:27 PM
Harps v Shels game this evening has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Match will now be played on Monday 2nd November at 8.00pm.

I thought I was in a time warp - why do I get a deja vu feeling?

carrickharp
24/10/2009, 3:29 PM
The weather is terrible up here very windy and very wet so no suprise the game is off.

Mad Moose
24/10/2009, 3:35 PM
I thought I was in a time warp - why do I get a deja vu feeling?

Same as. Second time this season the game has been called off. No stones on the pitch this time however.

GalwayRed
24/10/2009, 3:36 PM
Was expecting it to be honest. Once I heard there was to be a pitch inspection. Luckily didnt get too far before hearin it was off. Another rescheduled game doesn't help us thats for sure.

gufc2000
24/10/2009, 4:21 PM
Shels have to play 4 games now in about 12 days, tough ask on them

The Lep
24/10/2009, 5:17 PM
To be honest, it helps shels a bit if they have any injuries.

CSFShels
24/10/2009, 5:25 PM
Don't think we do, but I don't think this is either an advantage or a disadvantage. Waterford will be the tricky 1, its on Tuesday, I suppose we'll be a bit more rested for it now. Longford on Friday, nothing has really changed. Same scenario to be honest, 3 day rest for us.

Then onto Harps Monday, obviously its a short gap for us between that game and the Longford 1, but Harps are in the same situation, so does it really move the goalposts in any way? We're both in the same situation. Then we've 5 days til Kildare, don't think we can use that as an excuse if we drop points. If we can lose the league, it'll either be because we weren't good enough and dropped points, or because UCD were absolutely excellent and took 8 wins and a draw from 9 games. No excuses either way.

LeixlipRed
24/10/2009, 6:22 PM
Only problem I foresee is going into the playoffs a little tired. Glad the bus was delayed and we hadn't left Dublin!