PDA

View Full Version : Dire eL Future

pete
25/02/2004, 4:30 PM
Anyone else think this could be an all-time worst season?

Unbeliveably No fixture list yet, No home for Rovers, No licences for Rovers or Limerick, clubs got feck all money...

With only a few weeks to the league kick off the lack of any attention to the eL is bad as i can remember. Aside from ourselves would anyone else really notice if the eL did not exist anymore?

:eek:

TommyT
25/02/2004, 5:44 PM
Originally posted by pete
Anyone else think this could be an all-time worst season?

:eek:

In a word no. The competition for that particular honour is very stiff.

:eek: :eek:

Schumi
26/02/2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by pete
With only a few weeks to the league kick off the lack of any attention to the eL is bad as i can remember. No worse than last year though.

the 12 th man
02/03/2004, 11:13 AM
we have got to get accross to (new)people the difference between watching a game on tv and actually being at a game.
you would be amazed the amount of people that have never actually been to a proper football match (kids matches aside)

i brought my 12 year old son to his first e/l match on saturday(i confess to it being my first in a while)in belfield and he thought it was brilliant.i know it was only a friendly but the differecnce in actually being there was very
noticable to him anyway.(i was impressed also)

the tv football is a very tough opponent for the e/l to compete with ,so really we got to get butts on seats somehow.
id say you would be suprised at the amount of people that would return again having sampled a real match.

both my son and i cant wait to go again :D

eoinh
02/03/2004, 11:52 AM
rovers have come to an agreement with Pats over the use of Richmond Park. The only problem is they wont be able to meet Bohs there. Its likely all matchs between Rovers and Bohs will be held at Dalymount although Ollie has objected to this. He has suggested that Rovers home matchs against Bohs be held at Tolka. The FAI will be in charge at all of Rovers home matchs.
rovers will be allowed to hold their matchs on Friday nights at Richmond Park

max power
02/03/2004, 11:54 AM
imagine his first game and he met mad tom,, its all down hill from now on

Schumi
02/03/2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by eoinh
Ollie has objected to this. What business is it of his? **** off Ollie.

max power
02/03/2004, 11:58 AM
ollie wants money, even more money, welcome to ollie's league and all the matches will be played at tolka, i think it will be a good season, teams are doing better in europe and crowds are up, we just need to keep them going up.....and more media exposure

the 12 th man
02/03/2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by max power
imagine his first game and he met mad tom,, its all down hill from now on

he was a bit taken aback ok ,but he is well used to unusual people (like me!!!!!):rolleyes:

Macy
02/03/2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
What business is it of his? **** off Ollie.
Actually, and bizarrely not for the first time this close season, Oily has a point... It does give Bohs an advantage, and it's pretty much going to be between Bohs and Shels again this season. Previously when Pats or Shels have played away at their own grounds, Rovers have been ground sharing for other games as well, so the arguement would be they're as used to playing at the ground as the other team...

Still, very funny that Bohs end up with all the contentious fixtures...

paudie
02/03/2004, 1:03 PM
In fairness you can see Ollie's point about all Rovers Bohs games being at Dalymount.

Playing the Rovers home games v Bohs at Tolka seems fair enough even though ollie would make a few bob.

TommyT
02/03/2004, 2:41 PM
Ollie nearly always has a point. The problem is he doesn't cop that that doesn't mean you get you way all the time.