PDA

View Full Version : FAI cup final - Sligo Rovers vs Sporting Fingal 22/11/09

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

mint sauce
23/10/2009, 9:59 PM
any confirmation on the date and time yet, cant see anything on the FAI or LOI sites

:confused:

sligofan4ever
23/10/2009, 10:00 PM
any confermation on the date and time yet, cant see anything on the FAI or LOI sites

22nd November I think.

Bluebeard
23/10/2009, 11:50 PM
It's definitely the 22nd, and I think I heard it is in Tallaght.

Obviously, you have to factor the FAI into any understanding of "definitely".

mint sauce
23/10/2009, 11:54 PM
It's definitely the 22nd, and I think I heard it is in Tallaght.

Obviously, you have to factor the FAI into any understanding of "definitely".

its in tallaght alright, i get what you say about the FAI though, surely they would have this date pencilled in months ago, just wish they would make it public or more readliy available

sligobhoy67
24/10/2009, 7:43 AM
When are they coming out? how many are we greating? how does a Brit like me get his hands on a pair?

fionnsci
24/10/2009, 8:14 AM
The date of the FAI Cup final is liable to change as the FAI don't want the WC Play-Off to overshadow the buildup.

roversforever
24/10/2009, 8:42 AM
it better not change,i have the 22nd booked off work for it.

sligobhoy67
24/10/2009, 8:59 AM
The date of the FAI Cup final is liable to change as the FAI don't want the WC Play-Off to overshadow the buildup.

when will it be set for definate cos I need to book flights!

Shiba
24/10/2009, 9:05 AM
when will it be set for definate cos I need to book flights!

Its definetly the 22nd and was also announced at the game last night. RRoll on the 22nd!

prodsc
24/10/2009, 9:14 AM
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100463:waterford-eye-another-premier-scalp-in-fai-ford-cup&catid=18:fai-ford-senior-cup&Itemid=51

Doesn't mean it won't be changed, but very doubtful.

Dixie Dean
24/10/2009, 9:17 AM

John Delaney said during the week that the final wont be changed, definetely the 22nd.

Does anyone else think Tallaght is going to be too small. If we get Bray in the fianl we might have only 3000 tickets. In 94 we had a good 10000 at the final. There are an awful lot of sligo fans in Dublin.

Will season ticket holders get preference?

Shiba
24/10/2009, 9:58 AM
When are they coming out? how many are we greating? how does a Brit like me get his hands on a pair?

No word on them yet! Even do it was great theat such a huge crowd turned up at the agme 'I hope that the clubs works something out that Regulars are looked after first and tese sunshiners the ones that will clapping themselves on the back dont jump on the bandwagon grabbing them before the regulars.

Just too point out I think Exiles come in too their own section as not posssible for ye to attend games.

As I sed even it was great tosee such a huge crowd,One game doesnt keep the club going so the regaulars need to be looked after first.

IMO The club should not put the Tickets on sale till the "DROG GAME" last game of season and if you want a ticket you go to that game any left after that theres plenty of Barstools that will be there.

Shiba
24/10/2009, 10:09 AM
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100463:waterford-eye-another-premier-scalp-in-fai-ford-cup&catid=18:fai-ford-senior-cup&Itemid=51

Doesn't mean it won't be changed, but very doubtful.

Can't see any reason that it will be changed!

SligoBrewer
24/10/2009, 10:24 AM

Will season ticket holders get preference?

The club should take the initiative here and bundle some tickets with season tickets for next year. Or at least say a ticket that was valid for 3 home games.

It would prevent some of the event junkies from just turning up and taking tickets from weather worn supporters.

sligobhoy67
24/10/2009, 10:43 AM
The club should take the initiative here and bundle some tickets with season tickets for next year. Or at least say a ticket that was valid for 3 home games.

It would prevent some of the event junkies from just turning up and taking tickets from weather worn supporters.

not a bad shout. What they should do is guarentee a ticket to anyone that commits to buying a season ticket for next year.

I'd be fuucked like but I suppose its for the greater good!

red arrow
24/10/2009, 11:05 AM
i'm sure the fai will be able to put extra bucket seats into tallagh, depending on demand for tickets i suppose

Rovers1
24/10/2009, 11:18 AM
The Real Rovers are back in Tallaght :D :D :D F--- ya!

Rovers1
24/10/2009, 11:22 AM
Hopefully they'll look after the few hundred regulars first. Hopefully Tallaght will be a free for all in the way that your not given a specific seat. This way, the singers can all stand together. I was talking to a member of the club last night, and he's going to see what he can do about trying to get all the "Forza" lads together. (If it is specific seating)

rovers100%
24/10/2009, 11:23 AM
surely season ticket holders are guaranteed a ticket. i think anyone who was in albania should be guaranteed one too. i still think we will out number whoever we play in the final. roll on the 22nd hopefully our status in premier div well secured by then too and mite turn out a good year after all

Royal rover
24/10/2009, 11:23 AM
i got a text last night - great news - i now have the choice of coming back to ireland for the final or going to paris for the ireland game - what would you do if you had the choice

rovers100%
24/10/2009, 11:26 AM
tallaght without a doubt. why waych ireland go to paris and put 11 men behind the ball and hope to nick a goal somewhere along the line when ya can go and watch the rovers lift the fai cup for the 3rd time !!

SligoBrewer
24/10/2009, 11:28 AM
i got a text last night - great news - i now have the choice of coming back to ireland for the final or going to paris for the ireland game - what would you do if you had the choice

I can safely say this is only time where Tallaght will be a more desirable place to be than Paris.

MMVIII
24/10/2009, 12:15 PM
Season ticket holders should definitley be given first preference. Don't want fellas who go to games week in week out not get a ticket because of some event junkie. With there "we" and "us" :p

SligoBrewer
24/10/2009, 12:28 PM
With there "we" and "us" :p

Come on Ralph.

Ah for feck's shake Shligo would you waken up!

redobit
24/10/2009, 12:31 PM
As Shiba said, sell them at the Drogheda game (1 ticket per person). The regulars will get them and you can give the scraps to the barstollers.

SligoBrewer
24/10/2009, 12:34 PM
I think my season ticket idea is a runner.

CRFC&SRFC
24/10/2009, 12:38 PM
Can anyone confirm what the position is with players on yellow cards close to suspension?...Im fairly sure ogrady misses a game now..Hopfully not the final...

well done to all players and fans who contributed to a great night...if we could even retain 10% of the sunshiners for next season would be big boost for club

sligoman
24/10/2009, 12:44 PM
Can anyone confirm what the position is with players on yellow cards close to suspension?...Im fairly sure ogrady misses a game now..Hopfully not the final...What I heard last night is O'Grady misses the final(as a result of picking up a yellow last night, his own fault btw, don't know why he did it) but Blinkhorn can appeal being suspended for the final.

sligofan4ever
24/10/2009, 12:47 PM
Can anyone confirm what the position is with players on yellow cards close to suspension?...Im fairly sure ogrady misses a game now..Hopfully not the final...

well done to all players and fans who contributed to a great night...if we could even retain 10% of the sunshiners for next season would be big boost for club

Cant beleive O' Grady tought he'd get away with that handball. There was already talk of him missing the final, now he surely will, what are the chances he'll ever play in the Cup Final with his hometown team again ? That spoiled a great performance for him but i'd be more concerned if Blinkhorn misses the final, he was top notch all night for us.

redobit
24/10/2009, 12:56 PM
Ya but there's only 3 or 400 season ticket holders (i think), and we have averaged nearly 2000 at our home games this season. Sell an 'advanced ticket' or somthing like that at the Drogheda game.

Brian Boru
24/10/2009, 12:57 PM
Conor should appeal. It was a very harsh yellow. The handball provided no advantage, it wasn't devious and it practically played him!! Just look at the other 2 yellows 1 Waterford and the other Rovers. The other Rovers yellow was for passing a ball back so the free could be taken! The Waterford lad reacted as if a train had driven into his liathróidí! The Waterford yellow wasn't a yellow either. Conor should appeal and he'd win.

Even though I'm not one season ticket holders should be given preference. Hopefully, everyone of us genuine fans will get a ticket. We will. Where there's a will there's a way!

sligofan4ever
24/10/2009, 12:59 PM
Speaking of event junkies and sunshiners, my dad was telling he heard comment of the night from one last night.

The time Rommy headed the ball away from Ciaran Kelly hands, he heard someone behind him going "Jesus, that Faz fella is ****e".

:D He should've told him it was Albert Straka :rolleyes: And then you get fans calling Raff, Ralph as someone said on this thread. Just on the subject of sunshiners, I once heard someone shout "come on Dick Bush!" and he was convinced that was his name :D.

SligoBrewer
24/10/2009, 12:59 PM
You can't appeal yellows afaik.

sligofan4ever
24/10/2009, 1:02 PM
Can anyone actually explain why the suspension list is being written up at the end of the month ? it could easily have been done weeks ago and we'd still have Conor(well, maybe) and Blinkhorn definately available for the final.

DaveyCakes
24/10/2009, 1:19 PM
Conor should appeal. It was a very harsh yellow. The handball provided no advantage, it wasn't devious and it practically played him!! Just look at the other 2 yellows 1 Waterford and the other Rovers. The other Rovers yellow was for passing a ball back so the free could be taken! The Waterford lad reacted as if a train had driven into his liathróidí! The Waterford yellow wasn't a yellow either. Conor should appeal and he'd win.

Even though I'm not one season ticket holders should be given preference. Hopefully, everyone of us genuine fans will get a ticket. We will. Where there's a will there's a way!

Don't be ridiculous, It was a deliberate, stupid handball. Definite yellow.

avvenalaf
24/10/2009, 2:56 PM
Join VHI. Go to Paris, fall ill there after the match, VHI will airlift you back to The Blackrock Clinic. Make a miraculous recovery on Saturday evening and discharge yourself. Head for Tallaght on Sunday and take Ryanair home on Sunday evening.
Thank you and good night.

PS. I'm here all week if you need anything else.

mint sauce
24/10/2009, 3:14 PM
Season ticket holders should definitley be given first preference. Don't want fellas who go to games week in week out not get a ticket because of some event junkie. With there "we" and "us" :p

absolutly, would be gutted if i could not get a ticket for this

MarkyH
24/10/2009, 3:34 PM
Real pity if o'grady is out for the final. He deserves the chance to lead his home town team out for the final. Saying that it was a stupid yellow to get last night. I presume there is no chance of Brush being back in time, as he too has made a big contribution to this great cup run.

IMO the FAI would not be having the final in Tallaght unless the temp seating was being installed similar to the real madrid game in the summer. Both teams should be offered an allocation of 5,000 and if Bray/Fingal don't take their full allocation we could possibly be offered more. I don't see any problem with regulars getting tickets.

Shiba
24/10/2009, 4:45 PM
Why do people always panic about tickets when they are advance sales? We only have a few hundred season ticket holders, if they are given two each that means there will still be over 1500 left over at least. The rest would probably go on general sale so all you have to do is make sure you are near at the top of the queue.

Why the panic!Cos its like always the sunshiners come along get their tickets and the genuine supporter losses out due to poor planning,But what the club has done right over the last few games is put them on sale at home games.I hope they stick to this procedure now.Cause next season the hardcore fans will be back and these sunshiners will run the club down as always.Just to point out even do I agreeabout season ticket holders should be gaunteed tickets not all regulars are.Also with the times that are in it a burdon should not be put on people to buy them next year some may not be able to afford them

Ballagh Red
24/10/2009, 5:04 PM
Not part of the Forza crew myself but love being in that part of the ground and making noise for the ninety minutes. Two of us couldn't get into the Jinks at first last night because of the sunshiners. If Forza get an area set aside can the details be posted up here.The atmosphere last night was unreal and fair play to the travelling support.

srfc1928
24/10/2009, 5:21 PM
Hopefully everyone that wants a ticket will get one including the "sunshiners". :ball:
Its games like these that convert sunshiners or their children into regular goers, which can only help our club grow. Sometimes we as "hardcore" followers of the club can sound a bit elitist and put people off going. We are the first ones on message boards etc boasting about 4,500 attendance figures and then give out about the sunshiners.

Im sure the FAI will install temporary seating if the demand is there, just like Platinum done for the Madrid game.

Fivesilver
25/10/2009, 1:18 AM
I agree. I remember Rovers playing a pretty dire season in an almost empty Showgies in '83, but having a crowd at the final that rendered Bohs' home advantage meaningless. Unfortunately, that's the nature of football. In the less-than-inspiring early stages of '94, we couldn't bring enough fans the few miles to Athlone to drown out the Frank Darby squeal as we lost and had people believing nothing good was coming out of the season. For anybody who was in S'Mels the night Gabbiadini twisted the knife, don't tell me the stand packed with red didn't raise the hairs on the back of your neck.
If you've been there when almost nobody else has, it's hard not to feel a bit exclusive at times, but big crowds following Rovers should be a cause for satisfaction - some of them will keep coming back.

Rovers1
25/10/2009, 10:23 AM
What I heard last night is O'Grady misses the final(as a result of picking up a yellow last night, .

Thought that might be the case alright when he got the yellow. Pity he can't miss the Drogs or Bohs game instead. Not the most technically talented footballer, but we could do with him for the Cup Final.

srfc1928
25/10/2009, 12:41 PM
Thought that might be the case alright when he got the yellow. Pity he can't miss the Drogs or Bohs game instead. Not the most technically talented footballer, but we could do with him for the Cup Final.
gutted for O'Grady to miss the final.

His passing has really improved over the last few months.

Keen2win
25/10/2009, 3:29 PM
I'm sure a few Town fans would like to go! A few of ye did support us in 07 after all!:D

Keen2win
25/10/2009, 3:30 PM
3-0 good man Kirbs but I don't want Franchise anywhere near the final!

Brian Boru
25/10/2009, 4:55 PM
We'll get tickets no hassle now. Sporting "no fans" Fingal have won. The sunshiners and Longford lads will be able to come now.

roversman
25/10/2009, 6:32 PM
any confirmation on the date and time yet, cant see anything on the FAI or LOI sites

any word what time kick off is

sligofan4ever
25/10/2009, 7:03 PM
That was a terrible attendance for the semi final! Even the Liverpool-United game is no excuse for such a poor attendance! We'll easily outnumber anyone at the final for Fingal and could possibly get more tickets than Fingal due to popular demand!

dublinred
25/10/2009, 8:29 PM
Why do people always panic about tickets when they are advance sales? We only have a few hundred season ticket holders, if they are given two each that means there will still be over 1500 left over at least. The rest would probably go on general sale so all you have to do is make sure you are near at the top of the queue.

If anyone is stuck for a ticket I can get a few up here in Fingal if the queues aren't too big :-) only issue I see now is the FAI and the SDCC not bothering with the temporary seating , they also need to factor in that a lot of locals in tallaght will see "rovers" in the cup final and will turn up and wonder why we are playing in red and white although it would be nice to be the first rovers to win something in tallaght.