PDA

View Full Version : Programme For the Cup Semi-Final

Kevin L
22/10/2009, 10:13 PM
Just to let you know that the lads that do the programme every week have produced a 64pg full colour one for tomorrow night.
There are some good articles in it plus some nice photos.

srfc1928
22/10/2009, 10:25 PM
I always buy the programme every game, it mightened be the glossiest in the league but the content is excellent, well worth €3

Rovers Maniac
22/10/2009, 10:32 PM
Great good stuff, if it's anything like the European one it will be class.

Redie
23/10/2009, 8:30 AM
Great good brilliant stuff even.

sligofan4ever
23/10/2009, 12:22 PM
Will it be darer seeing as its 64 pages and full colour ?

Kevin L
23/10/2009, 2:34 PM
4 euro

Shiba
24/10/2009, 10:16 AM
Anthony and co. are great, cant wait to see it

Congrats on a great Programme

Martinho II
26/10/2009, 4:49 PM
is there spares of the Cup semi final program about lads? If not I will get in touch with Anthony Kilfeather myself!

sligofan4ever
26/10/2009, 5:38 PM
is there spares of the Cup semi final program about lads? If not I will get in touch with Anthony Kilfeather myself!

I'd be surprised if there was half a dozen left to be honest, I would get in contact with Anthony ASAP anyways if I were you. Its a great read though, tought it was very well put together and it goes to show all the work that goes on to make programmes week in week out. Alot of interesting articles in it, Michael Melly's usual piece,same as for the supporters view from the stand,Paul Cook's article and bits and pieces about past cup glories and players, great reading throughout.

rovers100%
26/10/2009, 5:51 PM
jesus i got one and left it in the stand. totally forgot to bring it with me. then again i nearly always buy one bit have yet to bring one home !!!

sligofan4ever
26/10/2009, 5:59 PM
jesus i got one and left it in the stand. totally forgot to bring it with me. then again i nearly always buy one bit have yet to bring one home !!!

Martinho is on the way to The Showgrounds as we speak.

MMVIII
26/10/2009, 6:01 PM
Any of these left by any chance? I always seem to forget about these things.

roversforever
26/10/2009, 6:15 PM
Good programme. Just a note on the programme in general,not particularly friday nights one...i don't want to be too critical because its probably done on a voluntary basis but the supporters view comes across as if its written by a 12 year old!i usually just skip over it now anyway but just thought id point it out to see if the the same thought had occured to anybody else?

sligofan4ever
26/10/2009, 6:35 PM
Good programme. Just a note on the programme in general,not particularly friday nights one...i don't want to be too critical because its probably done on a voluntary basis but the supporters view comes across as if its written by a 12 year old!i usually just skip over it now anyway but just thought id point it out to see if the the same thought had occured to anybody else?

It is on a voluntary basis alright, so its most likely a bit rushed. Just be thankful a programme is being put together for this club, it always comes out well and no matter how the articles are written, atleast people are going and making their views heard (well, read), Michael Melly,Anthony Kilfeather and Joe Molloy worj to the bone to make sure the programmes look their best. I'm going to guess Rory H from here is the same Rory who writes in the Weekender, just out of interest, why do you not do the supporters view from the stand in the programme ? if its the wrong Rory then i'm open to correction :o.

avvenalaf
26/10/2009, 7:36 PM
No, wrong Rory. That's Rory Huston, ask Avenalaaf about him.

Yeah, if you want to contact him, he'll be playing centre defence in Dalyer on Friday night. The other Rory will be arsewarming the bench.

sligoman
27/10/2009, 6:04 PM
i don't want to be too critical because its probably done on a voluntary basis but the supporters view comes across as if its written by a 12 year old!i usually just skip over it now anyway but just thought id point it out to see if the the same thought had occured to anybody else?The same person who writes that is on this forum...he's been criticised for his posts before and it aint me;)

roversforever
27/10/2009, 6:08 PM
The same person who writes that is on this forum...he's been criticised for his posts before and it aint me;)

Haha i had actually noticed the similarities in the "style of writing"!!thanks for clearing that up anyway!

leo120408
27/10/2009, 7:07 PM
I am trying down some old Sligo Rovers programmes from this season and last season - would anyone know any contact details for the boys who produce the programme - I have tried the email address listed on the website and also wrote to the club without joy ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

srfc1928
28/10/2009, 8:54 PM
Excellent programme, even better than the Vallaznia one.
The best article in it had to be the extract from Dixie Dean's biograpy. He describes his time at Rovers "............in my short time with them I had some of my greatest days in football"

Also a nice piece on Mark Brindley. A plaque was unveiled in his honour before Fridays Game. A fitting tribute to a true fan.:ball: