PDA

View Full Version : Bohs fan fined for threatening Garda

Pages : [1] 2

WoodquayBoy
21/10/2009, 11:20 AM
A teenage soccer fan was foaming at the mouth when he threatened to punch a Garda in the face who had directed him to stay off the pitch during an Eircom League match between Bohemians and Galway United at Terryland Park in Galway. Garda Damien Gormally told Galway District Court he feared for his safety and had to retreat when up to 100 Bohemian fans surrounded him and kept egging the youngster on . . . .'
http://www.galwayindependent.com/local-news/local-news/fine-for-soccer-fan-who-threatened-garda/

Boo_Boy
21/10/2009, 11:24 AM
A teenage soccer fan was foaming at the mouth when he threatened to punch a Garda in the face who had directed him to stay off the pitch during an Eircom League match between Bohemians and Galway United at Terryland Park in Galway. Garda Damien Gormally told Galway District Court he feared for his safety and had to retreat when up to 100 Bohemian fans surrounded him and kept egging the youngster on . . . .'
http://www.galwayindependent.com/local-news/local-news/fine-for-soccer-fan-who-threatened-garda/

I lol'd :D.

Eircom League?

OneRedArmy
21/10/2009, 11:24 AM
I await the Herald headline "Domestic Football Shock: Watching the League of Ireland gives you rabies and makes you attack Gardai".

peadar1987
21/10/2009, 12:10 PM

Eircom League?

Took them a while to decide a fine was needed, didn't it! :cool:

Niall
21/10/2009, 12:43 PM
I can understand how this nonsence makes a minor paragraph in the gutter tabloid press however when in the final days of the season with upcoming cup semis on the horizon it makes it's own thread then it's a poor sign. You need to understand idiots are in all walk of life and not unique to LoI. Best ignored.

LukeO
21/10/2009, 1:37 PM

Eircom League?

I lold when they described him as a teenager before saying he was 21 in the next paragraph...

osarusan
21/10/2009, 1:50 PM
I await Sheridan and the rest of the baying mob to be as vocifirous in condemning this as they did a doctored youtube clip....
Any proof of this? It's a pretty serious allegation to make (as is the allegation of racism)- to claim that a piece of film has been doctored to make some fans appear to be making racist noises.

Bearing in mind the monkey noises were first mentioned just after the game had ended and had been mentioned based on the TV4 footage and not the youtube clip?

Sounds like a moron being egged on by other idiots, and a newspaper trying to make a story.

brendy_éire
21/10/2009, 3:04 PM
You need to understand idiots are in all walk of life and not unique to LoI. Best ignored.

But it does highlight the fact that Bohs (and Rovers) fans are constantly invading the pitch after goals are scored, more so at away games.

Good to see your man get fined, but it should be possible to fine individuals for pitch invasions too.

dcfcsteve
21/10/2009, 3:26 PM
But it does highlight the fact that Bohs (and Rovers) fans are constantly invading the pitch after goals are scored, more so at away games.

Good to see your man get fined, but it should be possible to fine individuals for pitch invasions too.

This has been more and more evident on TV as well.

What is it with the retards that just can't contain their excitement at a goal being scored without running onto a pitch ? :confused: Seriously though - what a bunch of muppets.

More fines for the individuals please An Garda

BohDiddley
21/10/2009, 3:37 PM
He wasn't fined for running onto the pitch.

placid casual
21/10/2009, 3:40 PM
This has been more and more evident on TV as well.

What is it with the retards that just can't contain their excitement at a goal being scored without running onto a pitch ? :confused: Seriously though - what a bunch of muppets.

More fines for the individuals please An Garda

Who'd arrest them in the brandywell ?
The local hoods who double as "security" for derry city?

marinobohs
21/10/2009, 3:45 PM
I await Sheridan and the rest of the baying mob to be as vocifirous in condemning this as they did a doctored youtube clip....

one fan involved with Garda at any event is unfortunately common (see recent story RE Sligo fan at Bray on this forum) and does not equate with a number of fans involved in rascist abuse in the mind of any sane poster. having said that don't hold your breath waiting on any bohs fans to defend the person involved (unless evidance to the contrary appears).

Your accusation RE "doctored clip" should be dealt with when you present proof or else ignored as the mischief making it is.

Keen2win
21/10/2009, 7:23 PM
This stinks of Bulls***!
100 Bohs fans at an away match?

;)

OneRedArmy
21/10/2009, 7:26 PM
The local hoods who double as "security" for derry city?The plainclothes police in the ground I would imagine :cool:

dcfcsteve
21/10/2009, 11:10 PM
The local hoods who double as "security" for derry city?

And the award for weakest attempt at WUMming this month goes to.... :o

Unsurprisingly - well stewarded grounds like the Brandywell don't have much of a problem with pitch invaders. It's the more amateur set-ups (and fans) that do....:ball:

BohsPartisan
22/10/2009, 7:34 AM
Unsurprisingly - well stewarded grounds like the Brandywell don't have much of a problem with pitch invaders. It's the more amateur set-ups (and fans) that do....:ball:

I'd say that's as much to do with the distance between the stand and the pitch as anything else. But on the stewarding point, can't say I remember anything about Derry stewards, which means they must be doing something right.

thischarmingman
22/10/2009, 11:30 AM
I'd say that's as much to do with the distance between the stand and the pitch as anything else.

Yes, that greyhound track is an absolute chasm isn't it?

pineapple stu
22/10/2009, 11:46 AM
I think he meant that no away fan actually has a notion what's going on on the pitch, and so can't see anything to make him invade the pitch, rather than the actual running distance required.

thischarmingman
22/10/2009, 11:50 AM
I think he meant that no away fan actually has a notion what's going on on the pitch, and so can't see anything to make him invade the pitch, rather than the actual running distance required.

Yeah, I was being wilfully obtuse.

I think.

pineapple stu
22/10/2009, 12:07 PM
Uh, yeah. I also was being...whatever that meant. :)

bohsmug
22/10/2009, 12:29 PM
It's the more amateur set-ups (and fans) that do....:ball:

Derry's fans get paid? Cool....

OneRedArmy
22/10/2009, 12:31 PM
Derry's fans get paid? Cool....By the Queen.

In swans.

passerrby
22/10/2009, 2:54 PM
as a matter of interest has this idiot been baned by bohs or anybody else

dcfcsteve
22/10/2009, 2:56 PM

The home fans haven't a notion what's going on on the pitch either - and it's got nothing to do with the short distance fans are from the sidelines.... :(

dcfcsteve
22/10/2009, 3:00 PM
Derry's fans get paid? Cool....

See now - that doesn't even make sense.

Though for the record - every City fan has been paid individually with an offer of the tramway end at Dalymount for free. Hell - why stop at any only two different legal owners for the same thing... ;)

RoversHead
22/10/2009, 3:50 PM
So a few fans of both Rovers and Bohs run on to the sides of pitches to celebrate with their heroes in the tightest of championship run ins seen for a while.Some of you should stick to tennis ,Rovers and Bohs bring bigger more passionate numbers to away games than any of you and yes our joy spills over from time to time, deal with it.:D

Mr A
22/10/2009, 4:03 PM
Here we go with the 'we only do it because we're more passionate' rubbish again. What other ground rules should be ignored due to this I wonder?

It's totally unacceptable to go on the field during a match. That is what should be dealt with.

RoversHead
22/10/2009, 4:36 PM
Well in the grand scheme of things it bothers me not a jot, as with flares as with banners winding up the opposition fans,I love it I live it I breath it so there.At most of your grounds there are hardly enough fans left to celebrate thats what needs to be dealt with Mr.

OneRedArmy
22/10/2009, 4:56 PM
So a few fans of both Rovers and Bohs run on to the sides of pitches to celebrate with their heroes in the tightest of championship run ins seen for a while.Some of you should stick to tennis ,Rovers and Bohs bring bigger more passionate numbers to away games than any of you and yes our joy spills over from time to time, deal with it.:D
You ran on the pitch when you were muck as well.

RoversHead
22/10/2009, 5:00 PM
You ran on the pitch when you were muck as well.Correct :Dwhen your muck its even more reason to go mental when you score.

brendy_éire
22/10/2009, 8:45 PM

So basically two sets of fans are going to continue to break the rules and we can just accept it?

Well in the grand scheme of things it bothers me not a jot, as with flares as with banners winding up the opposition fans,I love it I live it I breath it so there.

A similarly mature comment though.

It should bother you when these actions cause walls to collapse (Bray). But disregarding that, pitch invasions after goals look absolutely terrible on TV. It just makes the League look like a joke.

RoversHead
22/10/2009, 9:31 PM
There are much bigger issues that make this league look like a joke for starters.Maybe if you can get the clubs and the FAI to take the rules seriosly the fans might follow.Pitch invasions just like hooliganism are not a big problem in our league .Its usually a handfull of fans and lasts a couple of seconds no big deal and looks a lot better than empty stadiums on tv.In a list of 10 things wrong in the league it would not regester but it involves ours and Bohs fans so fill your boots and make us all out to be immature morons if you want.

dcfcsteve
23/10/2009, 1:10 AM

So there's, a correlation between a set of fans' levels of passion and their propensity to invade a pitch in celebration ?

Interesting.

I note from match footage, however, that there's also a correlation between invading a pitch and wearing a Burberry baseball cap, having acne and being either under the age of 20 and of limited education, or over the age of 30 and above average BMI. It's strange how only the scrots amongst a team's fanbase seem to be 'passionate' when it comes to celebrating.

:ball:

juan
23/10/2009, 4:40 AM
But disregarding that, pitch invasions after goals look absolutely terrible on TV. It just makes the League look like a joke.

I wouldn't call it a pitch invasion to be fair. But it is a moronic thing to do.

And the off field antics of clubs in the league don't make it joke:rolleyes:

RoversHead
23/10/2009, 9:11 AM
So there's, a correlation between a set of fans' levels of passion and their propensity to invade a pitch in celebration ?

Interesting.

I note from match footage, however, that there's also a correlation between invading a pitch and wearing a Burberry baseball cap, having acne and being either under the age of 20 and of limited education, or over the age of 30 and above average BMI. It's strange how only the scrots amongst a team's fanbase seem to be 'passionate' when it comes to celebrating.

:ball: The second part of your post is laughable on many levals.You love these non issues they really seem to get you animated.Im still chuckling at the one bohs fan who managed to scare off the Gardai ,it seems those who bang on about lazy journalism are prepared to believe any rubbish printed about Rovers and Bohs.Scrots at the brandywell wear stewards bibs not burberry!

dcfcsteve
23/10/2009, 9:15 AM
The second part of your post is laughable on many levals.You love these non issues they really seem to get you animated.Im still chuckling at the one bohs fan who managed to scare off the Gardai ,it seems those who bang on about lazy journalism are prepared to believe any rubbish printed about Rovers and Bohs.Scrots at the brandywell wear stewards bibs not burberry!

Yawn.... :o

placid casual
23/10/2009, 10:12 AM
I note from match footage, however, that there's also a correlation between invading a pitch and wearing a Burberry baseball cap, having acne and being either under the age of 20 and of limited education, or over the age of 30 and above average BMI. :ball:

can you tell how a persons been educated just by looking at what they wear?
thats a bit of a gerneralisation.
like saying all nordie's are windy moaners who bang bin lids on the ground.

passerrby
23/10/2009, 11:27 AM

A means of comunnications now defunct since the introduction of them bloody wheelybins and on the first point it may be hard to work out how well a persons is educated by his clothes but a lack of education can sometimes be determined by his dress and manners

thischarmingman
23/10/2009, 2:23 PM

If they're sporting a morter-board and gown?

dcfcsteve
23/10/2009, 2:27 PM

Yes. It takes a particular brand of stupidity to wear a Burberry cap in a non-ironic fashion. Particularly to a football match in Ireland. :)

Yes. Yes it is. :)

I agree with you except the bin lids bit, which is sooo last century. We've had wheelie bins since the 1980's and no-one bangs their lids on the ground. Keep up..

;)

dcfcsteve
23/10/2009, 2:31 PM
A means of comunnications now defunct since the introduction of them bloody wheelybins and on the first point it may be hard to work out how well a persons is educated by his clothes but a lack of education can sometimes be determined by his dress and manners

And a tendancy to run onto a football pitch like an over-excited toddler when their team scores a goal. That ain't big or clever...

Rovers1
23/10/2009, 2:32 PM
And a tendancy to run onto a football pitch like an over-excited toddler when their team scores a goal. That ain't big or clever...

Just do what we do, take all your top clothing off and swing it around your head....much more fun! :)

Mento
23/10/2009, 2:46 PM
Yes. It takes a particular brand of stupidity to wear a Burberry cap in a non-ironic fashion. Particularly to a football match in Ireland. :)

Yes. Yes it is. :)

I agree with you except the bin lids bit, which is sooo last century. We've had wheelie bins since the 1980's and no-one bangs their lids on the ground. Keep up..

;)

It wasn't a burberry cap anyway, so hard luck

WoodquayBoy
23/10/2009, 3:59 PM
Im still chuckling at the one bohs fan who managed to scare off the Gardai
I don't think it was the one idiot who 'scared' off the Garda, more like the large crowd behind the one idiot egging him on.

RoversHead
23/10/2009, 4:39 PM
Lots of apparantly well educated folk round my way,well they are well mannerd and dress beautifully so they must be well educated right.Still let their dogs **** everywhere ,parks pavement and the beach Id sooner have a couple of seconds with a few lads jumping up and down shouting yeeeeeeeeeessss but then again Im a moron apparently.

thischarmingman
23/10/2009, 4:40 PM
Lots of apparantly well educated folk round my way,well they are well mannerd and dress beautifully so they must be well educated right.Still let their dogs **** everywhere ,parks pavement and the beach Id sooner have a couple of seconds with a few lads jumping up and down shouting yeeeeeeeeeessss but then again Im a moron apparently.

Apparently.

passerrby
23/10/2009, 6:30 PM

you were going so well until you said apparently.anyway it is the right of us well dress educated folk to allow our canines to defacate in your public parks and other places where the common folk gather.

sorry only winding

Da Real Rover
24/10/2009, 12:20 PM
Back of the net.
We have joined the distinguished Shams and Bohs fans.
We now have reached the barometer of passion in football.
This is the layer cake.

dcfcsteve
26/10/2009, 1:01 AM
Id sooner have a couple of seconds with a few lads jumping up and down shouting yeeeeeeeeeessss but then again Im a moron apparently.

If you can't keep off the pitch whilst doing it, even though you know it leads to a fine for the club you're apparently so overwhelmed with passion for, then yes - you are..... :D

How else would you describe somebody who deliberately causes an organisation they claim to feel pasionate about to be penalised as a result of their behaviour ? Moron sounds about right. :)

SkStu
26/10/2009, 1:58 PM
my two biggest hates when attending games in Dalyer and around the country was 1) pitch invasions by idiots and 2) kids running onto the pitch at the end of the game and pelting it around the place for no good reason... the kids seemed to have wised up but the idiots havent.

That said, a little spillover from time to time is understandable on occassion (Rossi's goal in Cork last season was one of my favourite celebrations of all time and i think a couple of people may have found themselves on the wrong side of the hoardings though im not sure)