PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk?

KK77
20/10/2009, 10:21 AM
Anyone know if there's a supporters club bus going?

thedoyler
20/10/2009, 10:33 AM
We're at home???

KK77
20/10/2009, 10:36 AM
We're at home???

Sorry mate meant Derry on Oct 30th.

Roo69
20/10/2009, 10:58 AM
Yet another big game tonight in the Carlisle. Dundalk have 3 suspened which should make things easier on us, well hopefully.

Dundalk Teams News - Dundalk’s task in Bray will be made all the more difficult due to those dismissals as they will be without suspended trio, club captain Thomas Heary, top scorer Chris Turner and versatile Kevin McKinlay, while Mickey Collins (ankle) remains out. On the plus side, Paul McAreavey, Simon Kelly (both calf) and Michael Coburn (shin splints) are all available after injury, but Connor will again be short on options as he has been forced to call youth players into the squad once more. “We have three big players coming back into the side,” he told dundalkfc.com. “Again, what it will mean is that we’ll have a very youthful bench, but maybe that’s an opportunity for some of the young lads to step up to the plate.”

KK77
20/10/2009, 11:01 AM
Heard we have a player missing on east coast this morning but missed who they actually said it was.

Roo69
20/10/2009, 11:05 AM
McCabe is out having picked up a bad knock on his ankle on Friday night and Foran is missing again due to a long standing bruised bone injury (i think that's what he said it was anyway). Full squad other than that AFAIK. (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=1&tt_news=832)

KK77
20/10/2009, 2:57 PM
Cheers for the link.

Roo69
21/10/2009, 10:46 AM
Terrible game last night to go with the terrible weather. Dundalk were the better side from start to finish i thought. Yet another defensive error cost us 3 points, so annoying ! :mad:

KK77
21/10/2009, 11:06 AM
Terrible game last night to go with the terrible weather. Dundalk were the better side from start to finish i thought. Yet another defensive error cost us 3 points, so annoying ! :mad:

I share your pain. I know Eddie's the manager but feel sorry for him having to comment on basic mistakes all the time.

Roo69
21/10/2009, 12:04 PM
I share your pain. I know Eddie's the manager but feel sorry for him having to comment on basic mistakes all the time.

I know conditions didn't help but it is just so frustrating when Skippy pulls off one of the saves of the season by getting a hand to a deflected free kick then comes to punch a corner and completely fluffs it and it drops in the 6 yard box. But i won't blame him because he has been our best player this season by far.

Weatherman
21/10/2009, 5:06 PM
Eddie hasnt a clue lads. how can he justify playing Tresson who is unfit on the right wing of all places,when he has Coughlan, Massey and Shields on the line??? now dont get me wrong Tresson is a legend but he was wrecked after half an hour and couldnt track back, how he lasted 80mins is a mystery to me, how could eddie not see this??? was he keeping players for sunday or what?? Seriously lads how can you justify playing Tresson ahead of Coughlan or Massey, if anybody has the answer let me know! And dont get me started on John Flood, he isnt fit enough to start, does be dying after half an hour every game, ye can see it urselfs lads. How massey, who is my opinion brays best player this year apart from skippy , isnt getting a look in the last few games is a mystery to me??? Just comes down to one thing, Eddie hasnt a clue! One trick pony, when bray are losing what does he do?? Throws the centre back up top! What a joke! RANT OVER!!!!!

Seagull
21/10/2009, 8:12 PM
Eddie hasnt a clue lads. how can he justify playing Tresson who is unfit on the right wing of all places,when he has Coughlan, Massey and Shields on the line??? now dont get me wrong Tresson is a legend but he was wrecked after half an hour and couldnt track back, how he lasted 80mins is a mystery to me, how could eddie not see this??? was he keeping players for sunday or what?? Seriously lads how can you justify playing Tresson ahead of Coughlan or Massey, if anybody has the answer let me know! And dont get me started on John Flood, he isnt fit enough to start, does be dying after half an hour every game, ye can see it urselfs lads. How massey, who is my opinion brays best player this year apart from skippy , isnt getting a look in the last few games is a mystery to me??? Just comes down to one thing, Eddie hasnt a clue! One trick pony, when bray are losing what does he do?? Throws the centre back up top! What a joke! RANT OVER!!!!!

Did you see Tresson's sublime pass to Flood which played him in to get the peno?? THAT'S why he's on the pitch. Massey Bray's best player? And you say Eddie hasn't a clue!:eek:

Roo69
21/10/2009, 8:33 PM
Did you see Tresson's sublime pass to Flood which played him in to get the peno?? THAT'S why he's on the pitch. Massey Bray's best player? And you say Eddie hasn't a clue!:eek:

I'd have to agree with you there Seagull. Massey has been a real find by Eddie and his management team but playing him in every game is not a good thing for a players deelopment. He had a few poor games at left full and Eddie decided to more experienced players there, i dont see anything wrong with that. When he has been sprung from the bench, i.e like up in Sligo he did really well, won everything in the air and added a bit extra to attack.

We just do not have the squad to be able to make big changes when we need to or if players get injured. The young lads we have at the club are some of the best young players in the league, but that's all they are at present - young players with great potential. It will take them a few years to learn their trade. I'm just hoping we can hang onto most for them for a few years to come so we can see their true potential.

The Fox
21/10/2009, 8:48 PM
I think Massey has played well this season, but Eddie has played him in a few different positions whichj hasnt helped him - i think that left back is his best position at the moment to be honest. What i'm surprised about is why Tresson hasnt been used as an impact sub all season for 10-15mins.

I only made the second half yesterday but i thought we played ok - dundalk didnt have much of the play and we had 5 or 6 half chances near the end. I think that Eddie has used Kelly too much; he isnt giving a great return on the wing and i would have liked to see him using Coughlan more - he is more of a winger.

Hopefully McCabe will be ok for Sunday!!!!!!

Weatherman
22/10/2009, 12:07 PM

Apart from skippy he is! why who do you think is better??? So your justifing him starting on one good pass??? What about his total distrabution in the game?? tracking back and marking??

BrayUnknowns
22/10/2009, 1:24 PM
Apart from skippy he is! why who do you think is better???

Personally i think Chris Shields has had a fantastic 1st season with the club, really didn't look like it was his 1st season playing at the top level. Gary McCabe at times as well and i actually think Dave Mulcahy has been a bit of a unsung hero for us this season. Has played in several positions and has a great engine, 5/6 goals to boot as well.

Seagull
22/10/2009, 4:48 PM
Apart from skippy he is! why who do you think is better???
Derek Foran, Gary McCabe, Derek Pender, Dave Mulcahy, John Flood, Chris Shields. Massey is promising, good in the air, but he hasn't done it game after game, that's why he's on the bench.

Weatherman
22/10/2009, 6:11 PM
McCabe and Flood!! Your joking rite??

peadar1987
22/10/2009, 11:51 PM
McCabe is our top scorer!

And for me, Foran has been the best player apart from Skippy. He makes the odd mistake, but our back line looks far better when he's in it.

Brennan has disappointed me a little after making a good start to the season

Weatherman
23/10/2009, 11:00 PM
how many have been pens?

superfrank
23/10/2009, 11:12 PM
In fairness, the penalties have been shared between him and Jake Kelly.

Weatherman
23/10/2009, 11:27 PM
jake probly only hitting them when mccabe not on the pitch!

Hulsey
24/10/2009, 2:25 PM
how many have been pens?

It doesn't matter how many have been penalties, you still have to score them. For me the 3 stand out players this year have been Skip, Shields and Foran. All three have been excellent for us this season ad can hold their heads up high regardless of how the rest of the season goes

peadar1987
25/10/2009, 7:37 AM
It doesn't matter how many have been penalties, you still have to score them. For me the 3 stand out players this year have been Skip, Shields and Foran. All three have been excellent for us this season ad can hold their heads up high regardless of how the rest of the season goes

And I recall McCabe winning at least two of the penalties.