PDA

View Full Version : MNS

rovers100%
19/10/2009, 8:05 PM
that mns is a joke, they show 15 second clip of our bray match and even gat the name of the scorer wrong !!!! there is only about 15 minutes of football footage the rest is them clowns talking pure sh1te. it sickens me every week to watch it no wonder our league goes unrecognised because anyone watching will only hear the views of biased jackeens or cork and see very little football played. bray v sligo had a lot of great chances and was a huge game in the relegation battle of the league but it got quarter the time than of the archive part. it spent more time on about ire v france. tellin ya that programme is pure muck....:mad:

CF1989
19/10/2009, 8:22 PM
its better than eircom league weekly but its the league of ireland programme, no need at all to talk about the national team. the manager clearly dosnt look to our league for players, houghton trying to defend his comments aswell. cant stand him. he wouldn't know one player from the league of ireland if asked id say! are the 3 lads that were there already unable to talk about the draw and not have to get houghton in?

saying raff got the goal v bray aswell, another stupid mistake!

dong
19/10/2009, 8:26 PM
It is muck alright.

CarrickFan
19/10/2009, 9:27 PM
Jaysus lads its much better than having no programme at all is it not??

prodsc
19/10/2009, 9:35 PM
Not sure about much better, but better!

Far too much time talking sh**e and not enough action/replays. But it's been said before!

srfc1928
19/10/2009, 10:24 PM
I think its quite good apart from it being a bit of a shams appreciation society, but most of the media in this country are that way inclined.
A few years ago there was no coverage of LOI on tv, that was depressing, if you didnt attend an away game you had to be happy with a couple of lines in The Star or sun etc on a Monday morning or go by word of mouth. at least now we can see some of the action and make our own minds up,
im sure we'd all be pi**ed off if we didnt get to see the goals from Oriel and from around the league tonight.

very honest interview from Paul Cook.

Rovers1
19/10/2009, 11:02 PM
What did Cook say? I tend not to watch Rovers unless we win :(

CF1989
20/10/2009, 8:06 AM
What did Cook say? I tend not to watch Rovers unless we win :(

clueless, clueless, absolutly clue....t be fair

red_away
20/10/2009, 11:37 AM
The format could be changed and it is dublin loaded but it is definitely better than nothing or what went b4!!

Any none negative exposure is good for the EL - even if we get neglected in its content!

Martinho II
20/10/2009, 5:04 PM
Ricos face was priceless when ray houghton spoke! I get the impression that his thunder was being stolen!:D

bingoballs
20/10/2009, 5:29 PM
Its sh*te lads. I complained the other week to them about giving Richard Sadlier a platform to spew his propoganda and never having a panelist from any clubs west or north of the Shannon. They threaten to debate referees etc but never do. The only time clubs like ours get decent coverage is when we play either Shams or Bohs. It may be better then nothing but thats not hard. If they want to promote the league nationwide they are going the wrong way about it!

Brian Boru
20/10/2009, 5:46 PM
MNS is better than nothing. The lads are knowledgable and give it their best. There used to be nothing. 1 hour is better than nothing. However, RTE don't give a s**te about our league. For example, if Man Utd play a Champions League Game against obscure European opponents they'll show it! They'll have Dunphy and all the zombies on the panel give their opinions etc. They didn't show Bohs play top quality opposition in the same competition before a packed Dalymount. Bohs are our national champions and they didn't get a look in!! I had to watch it on the net via Austria. Showing the game would have boosted the profile of the league. RTE do not care about the league. TG4's coverage is far better. More passion.

rovers100%
20/10/2009, 9:04 PM
as far as cook being honest i found his comments puzzling as the lads i talked too at the game said cook kept the 4-4-2 formation throughout even though dundalk played with no strikers and also left it very late to introduce turner. he said about they didnt whip balls into box and pump high balls in but if ya wanted that would ya not have put turner on earlier as he is a target man !!! maybe im wrong but cook manages the team and instructs from the sideline so its his job to change things around and dictate the way we play so bit wrong to criticise players very publicy. he was the very one who turned to the red stand and mouthed off after they moaned cos richie put 4 bad corners in on the trot. the red stand has been more vocal this year than any other year i have heard.

Mayo Red
21/10/2009, 7:46 AM
TG4's coverage is far better. More passion.

If only you could understand what they were saying though!!;)

brianw82
21/10/2009, 9:21 AM
MNS only ever shows the goals from any midweek games, and no more. It's been the same all year. Don't know why people are complaining about that? They're always getting player names wrong too, not just for us.

mint sauce
21/10/2009, 7:14 PM
some memerable moments re sligo rovers on MNS,

last season when all the final euro places were decided, no congrats to the teams who made it, but bad luck to those who didn't

on this years semi final draw, the question was raised, is the cup being devalued as no big sides in it

on some recent decisions, on the conner that was never given against bray, the entire stand could see it was a corner, the close up camera shot they showed had it as a corner, the panal, we cant decide and striaght on to the next subject, on the penalty given against us a few weeks ago, again, we cant decide and straight on to next subject, even the analysis on sligo games is none exsistant, might spend a minute or two then five minutes discussing another club before showing the next game

granted its great to see the leauge being showcased on tv, but lets face it, if your not based on the east coast it seems its not worth the mention, there are LOI football fans in other parts of the country you know

:mad:

and breath