PDA

View Full Version : 18,000 Posts!

Rovers1
19/10/2009, 5:14 PM
Today is another special day for Sligo Rovers and foot.ie. And yet another special day for its most famous fan, Sligoman. Along with aquiring a new job in the past few week, our forum leader is about to hit another HUGE milestone in his life. As things stand, Sligoman stands on the brink of another amazing achievement.....18,000 posts! We've worked this out (assuming one of Sligomans posts takes on average 4 minutes, as he put alot of thought into all of those 17,999 gems) at about 50 hours non-stop posting. This is some feat for any human being. So i would ask all who know Sligoman to contribute to this thread, and congratulate him on his wonderful record, and maybe give your opinion on this inspiring individual with a funny story or recollection of his past endevours. Maybe it'll be the time he nearly fell off the LEGO stand in Tolka Park, or how he nearly got us lost on the way to Drogheda, or when his miss-kick in The Showgrounds as he tried to give the ball back to Richard Brush.

Seriously though 18,000 posts is some feat. Fair ****s to you Sligoman! I'd like the players to take notice of his achievement too by appluading noone but him at the end of the game tomorrow night in The Brandywell.

FORZA SLIGOMAN!

red bellied
19/10/2009, 5:26 PM
Cookie should be made bring him to dinner in Mooneys for this great achievement. I am sure Jimmy could at least organise a two course and find a candle from somewhere. People would pay to watch this great match in conversation, enjoying their debate and Sligoman could donate the monies to his favourite charity.

Martinho II
19/10/2009, 5:41 PM
congrats sligoman ! thats some feat!! I wish I had the time to post like you do!:D

sligofan4ever
19/10/2009, 5:55 PM
In the space of 4 months we've seen 2 threads dedicated to Sligoman, this and the other being for his 21st, with age his mod powers have come into question however :p. Hopefully this dosent get deleted like the birthday one :D.

DmanDmythDledge
19/10/2009, 6:01 PM
sligoman for Taoiseach; what better man to sort out the recession.

apo11o
19/10/2009, 6:27 PM
Well done Sligoman, a few more and Ill be up there with you.
I woulden t mention this to your employer if I were you.

gustavo
19/10/2009, 6:37 PM
my favourite was the one where he said the other team were rubbish

thesilverfox
19/10/2009, 7:24 PM
congrats to sligoman on this tremendous achievement

as one of his closest confidants i remember a night we sat together in rosses point gazing out onto the atlantic sunset reminiscing about posts gone by

his admiration for rovers1, his hopes for the future, and some of his famous betting tips were all topics of conversation.[/FONT][/SIZE]

he left me with some wise words that night. he said; "How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days." for some reason unkwon to me that quote always stuck with me. it shows how this icon can have you mesmerised with his words

When sligoman types, you listen.........

Rovers1
19/10/2009, 7:43 PM
Did i mention he's a big rooiiide???

SligoBrewer
19/10/2009, 8:14 PM
Jim would be proud of such a feat.