PDA

View Full Version : Play Off Predictions?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Scram
19/10/2009, 1:26 PM
I’ll go with 1-1 at Croke Park and 2-1 to France in Stade De France.

I can’t see us doing something we’ve been proved incapable of time after time.

The pundits on Setanta are saying “we need to improve to beat anyone in the play-offs”, they are right, but how can we improve without the likes of Andy Reid??

HOPE I AM WRONG.

Reality Bites
19/10/2009, 1:35 PM
1-1 at home for sure and us to score first and to script the french to equalise in second half, 2-1 to France in home leg...Close but no Cigar!

endabob1
19/10/2009, 1:45 PM
1-1 in Dublin we score early they get a dodgy penalty in the 2nd half
1-0 France in Paris, they're seemingly content with 0-0 but eventually catch us on the break.

blobbyblob
19/10/2009, 1:47 PM
I’ll go with 1-1 at Croke Park and 2-1 to France in Stade De France.

I can’t see us doing something we’ve been proved incapable of time after time.

The pundits on Setanta are saying “we need to improve to beat anyone in the play-offs”, they are right, but how can we improve without the likes of Andy Reid??

HOPE I AM WRONG.

Id say you are wrong about Stade De France straight off

SuperDave
19/10/2009, 1:55 PM
1-0 in dublin to ireland, 1-0 in paris to france after 85 minutes, with us being battered like a fish.....

after that, i'm not sure.... we might hold on for extra time and penalties, we might not.... we shall see.

Montenegrin
19/10/2009, 1:56 PM
0-0
0-0
penalties
?

DeLorean
19/10/2009, 2:22 PM
Id say you are wrong about Stade De France straight off

Why:confused:

Dublin Ireland 1-0 France
Paris France 2-1 Ireland

easy

brendy_éire
19/10/2009, 2:45 PM
Beat 1-0 home and away.

Hibs4Ever
19/10/2009, 2:45 PM
0-0 in Dublin
1-1 in Paris

macdermesser
19/10/2009, 2:47 PM
if the FAI distribute green beach balls beforehand we might have a chance

reder
19/10/2009, 2:48 PM
I have a horrible feeling that they are going to tear us a new one over the 2 legs. If we managed to get the away leg 1st, we would have some chance but I cant see us getting anything out of either game in all honesty. It is the worst draw possible.

Ill go for 0-1 at CP and 2-0 in Paris. :(

Duggie
19/10/2009, 3:09 PM
90 per cent of people on here wanted to avoid russia. now all of a sudden everyone saying its a terrible draw v france it seems. its tough but id prefer going to paris with a chance than lisbon. personally i wanted russia if we didnt get greece.

Brenny
19/10/2009, 3:11 PM
0-0 in Dublin, 1-1 in Paris with Keane doing a copycat job of his Germany goal in the 90 something'th minute.. :D

youngirish
19/10/2009, 3:14 PM
90 per cent of people on here wanted to avoid russia. now all of a sudden everyone saying its a terrible draw v france it seems. its tough but id prefer going to paris with a chance than lisbon. personally i wanted russia if we didnt get greece.

I said from day 1 France were the team to avoid. The temperamental Russians could struggle in Dublin which would give us an outside chance of progressing. I don't see the French giving us much in Dublin.

The only way I can see us progressing over France is if the fans turn the Paris tie into another Dublin tie and we progress on away goals or penos. The ref will give them everything also if they are struggling to put us to bed in the second leg.

IsMiseSean
19/10/2009, 3:40 PM
0-0 in Dublin
1-1 in Paris

Thats what I reckon too...

Fester
19/10/2009, 3:55 PM
0-0 Dublin
3-0 Paris

I reckon they will tear us apart over there...hope I'm proved wrong

Wolfie
19/10/2009, 4:06 PM
The way we are set up tactically - we'll have to avoid conceding in Dublin if we want to win the tie over two legs.

Its an obvious enough point but certainly something that springs initially to mind about this tie.

1 goal in Paris a tall order - 2? Forget it.

Kildare Lad
19/10/2009, 4:07 PM
1-1 in Dublin, 2-2 in France. Thats me being optimistic though, wouldnt be suprised if we lose each leg. As someone said above think its vital we turn Paris into another Dublin leg for us with as many fans as possible.

IsMiseSean
19/10/2009, 4:13 PM
Isn't Ribery injured at the moment... Will he be back for these games??

SuperDave
19/10/2009, 4:14 PM

cross your fingers and pray, eh?

tetsujin1979
19/10/2009, 4:22 PM
"Persistent knee injury" according to this - http://goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2009/10/16/1564351/bayern-munich-to-face-freiburg-without-franck-ribery
(I know, goal.com)
didn't play at the weekend anyway.

Emmet7
19/10/2009, 4:26 PM
Oh sure with Andy Reid, we'd have beaten the Italians 5-0 at home and away, and without conceding any goals.

And all the other teams as well. We'd have sailed through the group and be qualified now.

Come the World Cup we'd probably have Brazil in our group, but no worries, Andy Reid's left peg will take care of them. After that Germany, Argentina and Italy again, all knocked out by Andy Reid.

In the final it will be England V Ireland, with Reidy setting up one and scoring the winner.

I can see it all now.

Emmet7
19/10/2009, 4:28 PM
Without Zidanne, France are a shadow of a team. They proved this in the 2002 WC. They proved this when he first retired and when he came back again. They have proved it since.

The French manager is a clown.

I really fancy us to take France.

DotTV
19/10/2009, 4:35 PM
I think if we get any sort of good result at home we could hold out in Paris. We are really well organized now and are hard to break down....although we still manage to pull out a goal when needed.

SUB of the day
19/10/2009, 5:23 PM
1 nil win for us in Dublin, 1 1 in Paris........

eaststand85
19/10/2009, 5:24 PM
Unfortunately think the French players are just too good regardless of the fact Domenech can't get anything near the best out of them. When they had to do it in the group they were able to turn it on. Really afraid our luck is going to run out and we'll get stuffed.

However being an optimist :D I do think we have a chance if we can keep them scoreless in Dublin and for the first half hour in Paris after which the crowd could turn on them.

Torn-Ado
19/10/2009, 5:39 PM
0-0 in Dublin
1-1 in Paris

Im with that. Hopefully. Probably our best bet.

MeathDrog
19/10/2009, 5:41 PM
Lads, Scotland beat France 1-0 in Paris.

It's not beyond us. More optimism please.

geysir
19/10/2009, 5:50 PM
When the French don't perform to expectations, Domenech gets the blame.
When the team do all right, the players get the applause.
Sounds like their media tribe are full of Dunphyites.

briancool21
19/10/2009, 6:06 PM
i think we'll get through 2-1 on agg. We'll beat them at home and draw over there. as for the others |Russia,Ukraine and Portugal should come through but you never know.. I would be ****ting it if i was Portugal, Bosnia have a fine side that Dzeko up front can be lethal

Bungle
19/10/2009, 6:10 PM
Prior to the draw, I said to everyone that I wanted to avoid France. Portugal and Russia have brilliant individuals but neither will win the world cup. France are playin poorly, but are a team that could win the world cup. That is the thing about them and that sums up the scale off it. Head says France, heart says Ireland.

Positives: Irish players infuriated about seeding decision, huge travelling support in Paris, Irish teams always do well against huge countries, Trap is a better manager to Domenech, we have a great goalie, a good defence, good wingers and two good forwards. Glen and Keith might do a marking job on their midfielders.

Negatives: France have truely brilliant players who have been stung by the criticism and will want to play in the world cup. It is the classic wounded beast scenario.

Predictions: Ireland 1 France 2, France 1 Ireland 1

Ireland will play very well in both games and will get through their defence. However, France's brilliant attack will have just too much for us.

stiffler
19/10/2009, 6:10 PM
0-0 in Dublin, 1-1 in Paris with Keane doing a copycat job of his Germany goal in the 90 something'th minute.. :D

I dont think my heart could stick this!! 89th min will do ok! :D

shakermaker1982
19/10/2009, 6:23 PM
When the French don't perform to expectations, Domenech gets the blame.
When the team do all right, the players get the applause.
Sounds like their media tribe are full of Dunphyites.

To be fair...... Domenech has admitted a players star sign is an important consideration when calling up a player. I cannot remember who it was but one player was excluded because of his star sign?!

Acornvilla
19/10/2009, 6:57 PM
To be fair...... Domenech has admitted a players star sign is an important consideration when calling up a player. I cannot remember who it was but one player was excluded because of his star sign?!

robert pires was the unfortunite!

tallaghtfornia
19/10/2009, 8:20 PM
Have to go with 1 nil to us in CP and lose 2-1 in Paris, away goals count??

Paddy Garcia
19/10/2009, 8:26 PM
I've been waiting for Duff to have his defining moment in a green shirt - I really think his time has come and he will do something very special in these games.

irishfan86
19/10/2009, 10:19 PM
I've been waiting for Duff to have his defining moment in a green shirt - I really think his time has come and he will do something very special in these games.

He looked very good for Fulham today, that's for sure. I think he can rise to the occasion alright.

irishultra
19/10/2009, 10:26 PM
1-0 Ireland Dublin
3-0 to France in Paris.

weldoninhio
19/10/2009, 11:22 PM
The only way any of the Irish squad will be in South Africa next summer is on holidays.

2-0 to France in Dublin and 1-1 in Paris.

I really don't understand the blind, blinkered bs from some of the posters here, e.g. Henry is past it, french have a dodgy midfield etc. Have you watched an Ireland game recently. If Whelan, Andrews, or S reid get injured/don't make it back, we have Liam Miller next in line.

Get a grip, the only teams we beat were Cyprus and Georgia, we have no chance!!

MeathDrog
19/10/2009, 11:49 PM
Oh sure with Andy Reid, we'd have beaten the Italians 5-0 at home and away, and without conceding any goals.

And all the other teams as well. We'd have sailed through the group and be qualified now.

Come the World Cup we'd probably have Brazil in our group, but no worries, Andy Reid's left peg will take care of them. After that Germany, Argentina and Italy again, all knocked out by Andy Reid.

In the final it will be England V Ireland, with Reidy setting up one and scoring the winner.

I can see it all now.
You're missing the point entirely in the midst of all your irony.

Shame, those with narrow minds.. :rolleyes:

tricky_colour
20/10/2009, 12:00 AM
It's the final leg, first leg 0-0, second leg France are 1-0 up, it's the final minute of extra time, Given gives it a long punt forward, Robbie and the French keeper rush for the ball, the keeper slips and Robbie taps the ball towards the back of the net just as a giant green inflatable leprechaun trundles across the face of the goal, deflecting Robbies tap-in wide :D
Game over.

Zizou
20/10/2009, 8:07 AM
(AGG Predictions)

Ireland 1-1 France
(Ireland on away goals)

Portugal 3-1 Bosnia

Greece 1-2 Ukraine

Russia 3-2 Slovenia

New Zealand 1-0 Bahrain

Costa Rica 2-3 Uruguay

SuperDave
20/10/2009, 10:06 AM
It's the final leg, first leg 0-0, second leg France are 1-0 up, it's the final minute of extra time, Given gives it a long punt forward, Robbie and the French keeper rush for the ball, the keeper slips and Robbie taps the ball towards the back of the net just as a giant green inflatable leprechaun trundles across the face of the goal, deflecting Robbies tap-in wide :D
Game over.

The ref, knowing the furore of the liverpool game, restarts play correctly with a drop ball on the six yard line, whereupon richard dunne goes for it and kicks it so hard the ball, two french players, the referee and the inflatable leprechaun end up bursting through the net.

tetsujin1979
20/10/2009, 10:12 AM
France have scored in every game, but only kept 2 clean sheets away from home (VS Faroes and Lithuania), so I'd definitely fancy us to score in Croke Park
Same situation at home, only 2 clean sheets, oddly enough against the same 2 teams.

Under Trapattoni, we've never conceded more than two goals in a competitive game, and was against Italy. We've kept 2 clean sheets at home (Cyprus and Montenegro) and the Montenengrins are the only team to keep us scoreless, failing to score against them twice.

going on that, I'd say beat the French 2-1 at home, draw 1-1 away?

Stuttgart88
20/10/2009, 10:29 AM
Head: 4-2 aggregate win for France
Heart: Ireland win on away goals.

shakermaker1982
20/10/2009, 11:16 AM
The only way any of the Irish squad will be in South Africa next summer is on holidays.

I really don't understand the blind, blinkered bs from some of the posters here, e.g. Henry is past it, french have a dodgy midfield etc. Have you watched an Ireland game recently. If Whelan, Andrews, or S reid get injured/don't make it back, we have Liam Miller next in line.

don't you tip us to lose every game though? :D

shaneker
20/10/2009, 11:23 AM

You had us to lose 3-0 to Italy, 3-0 to Bulgaria and 2-0 to Cyprus. Hope you're not a gambler!

ArdeeBhoy
20/10/2009, 12:08 PM
One, if not two dodgy reffing decisions.

France qualify. And we, rightly, blame Platini.

dr_peepee
20/10/2009, 12:23 PM
OK..

Croke Park. 2-0 Home win. Doyle with a deflected shot from distance (attempting another Slovakia type goal) and Dunne from a set peice. France retain alot of posession without ever threatening. France's level of confidence that they can easily turn it around on the return leg only disipates after Dunne heads in from a corner between the 70th and 80th minute.

Stade de France. France go 2 up before fifty minutes. Sublime first half goal from Henry, followed by a tap in after being punnished for a Kilbane slip early in the second half. Then a half hour of French pressure prior to a scrappy Robbie Keane effort in the area, against the run of play in the 81st...

Aggregate Score 3-2 to England B....

Torn-Ado
20/10/2009, 1:57 PM
I dont think my heart could stick this!! 89th min will do ok! :D

My pants would well and truly be spoiled if that happened. Henry would probably just go up a minute later and score though!