PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday fixtures

Pages : 1 2 [3]

CarrickFan
21/10/2009, 7:33 AM
Never in my life did i ever think i'd want Bohs to win a league but this season is a first, if it stops Rovers. To all the sanctimonious, pontificating, Holier than thou Rovers fans out there and on here - ha F***ing ha.

You haven't been gracious in victory all season, now here is your chance to be gracious in defeat

Couldnt have said it better:)

Sam_Heggy
21/10/2009, 8:12 AM
The King Of Benin...... :D :D

Doolin? :confused:

Calcio Jack
21/10/2009, 8:14 AM
Never in my life did i ever think i'd want Bohs to win a league but this season is a first, if it stops Rovers. To all the sanctimonious, pontificating, Holier than thou Rovers fans out there and on here - ha F***ing ha.

You haven't been gracious in victory all season, now here is your chance to be gracious in defeat

You speak about the need to be gracious in victory/defeat and then say "..ha F***ing ha..." kettle pot black springs to mind

As for Cork last night , as already said fair play to them, they could of easily folded (no pun intended) after the early goal but instead took the game to us and were deserving winners. Personally I think there will be a twist or two before the end... and as a Hoop fan of many years who's gone through the best of times and the worst of times I'm very proud of what we have achieved this season both on and off the park ...cue accusations of being sanctimonious etc:D

razor
21/10/2009, 8:15 AM
Doolin? :confused:Whatever it takes to get rid of the spoofer.

RonnieB
21/10/2009, 8:21 AM
I there will still be one more twist in the last few games... Rovers could win it yet.

Jicked
21/10/2009, 10:11 AM
My graciousness was worn down by Rovers fans impression of UCD. Constantly telling clubs where they've gone wrong and what they should do and making out like they know more of whats going on at every club in the country, more than the respective clubs fans do.

Like Rovers never cut corners or got bailed out, or had a massive tax bill written off for them. Oh "but that was the boards fault", of course it was but it was their fault in the name of Shamrock Rovers regardless of whether you want to acknowledge it or not. What club in the **** can't blame the board? It'd be easy for Shels to just blame everything on Ollie, god rest him but thats too easy and cowardly, as a club we took the risk and cut the corners and as a club, we are now paying for it.

Where exactly was all this pontificating? Fans of every club have been saying what an absolute joke Cork have been this season, it just seems to be more offensive when a Rovers fan says it as opposed to a Monaghan fan. When Bohs go kaput there'll be plenty of Rovers fans saying why the hell didn't they do something about their spending years ago and not allow the board to carry on the way they did...just because Rovers are in a good financial position doesn't make that pontificating, it's just common sense.

sligored
21/10/2009, 10:25 AM
i hope bohs win the league(they play football the way it should be played)...but have a feeling that we will take points off them in dalymount friday week. Our results since the transfer window and the return of gavin peers would have us in the top 3 no doubt.
Galway in terryland is a banana skin. Why are galway the worst team in the league away and can beat anyone at home.
Was in derry last night and i think if thats the best derry have to offer it is time to part ways with stephen kenny-they had not one worthwhile shot on target in the 2nd half. I know they were a few players short but when you see the likes of ruadhri higgins and peter hutton on the bench , that excuse is a little weak.

dfx-
21/10/2009, 11:31 AM
Like Rovers never cut corners or got bailed out, or had a massive tax bill written off for them. Oh "but that was the boards fault", of course it was but it was their fault in the name of Shamrock Rovers regardless of whether you want to acknowledge it or not. What club in the **** can't blame the board? It'd be easy for Shels to just blame everything on Ollie, god rest him but thats too easy and cowardly, as a club we took the risk and cut the corners and as a club, we are now paying for it.

Your record-player is stuck :)

Calcio Jack
21/10/2009, 11:33 AM
I endorse this post, particularly this part. Peas in a rancid pod.

IMO based on this and the tenor of a number of your previous posts an objective observer would find it difficult to take what you say in any way seriousely ... you are of course entitled to hold and express your opinions... anyway I'll let others make up their own minds as to how they regard your comments...

brianw82
21/10/2009, 11:38 AM
i hope bohs win the league(they play football the way it should be played)...but have a feeling that we will take points off them in dalymount friday week. Our results since the transfer window and the return of gavin peers would have us in the top 3 no doubt.
Galway in terryland is a banana skin. Why are galway the worst team in the league away and can beat anyone at home.
Was in derry last night and i think if thats the best derry have to offer it is time to part ways with stephen kenny-they had not one worthwhile shot on target in the 2nd half. I know they were a few players short but when you see the likes of ruadhri higgins and peter hutton on the bench , that excuse is a little weak.

Since when? People were lambasting Bohs last season for not playing 'attractive football' when they were beating all comers. Their style hasn't changed, yet now the neutrals want them to win becase they're playing 'attractive football?'

The Betting Man
21/10/2009, 11:39 AM

You have been our bogey team this season in the league and in both the cups so I expect a tough game but by the time we play eachother we could win the league that night so it could be another interesting night

P.S Thank god Richard Brush wont be playing in goal he seems to save his best performance's for the Bohs games

BohsPartisan
21/10/2009, 11:46 AM
Since when? People were lambasting Bohs last season for not playing 'attractive football' when they were beating all comers. Their style hasn't changed, yet now the neutrals want them to win becase they're playing 'attractive football?'

We've been playing nice football lately I must say.

sligored
21/10/2009, 11:59 AM
Since when? People were lambasting Bohs last season for not playing 'attractive football' when they were beating all comers. Their style hasn't changed, yet now the neutrals want them to win because they're playing 'attractive football?'

i have seen bohs and shams play a good bit this season both live and on tv and i think shams bypass midfield a lot with long balls while bohs pass it through midfield- that is my view but i am open to correction.

SkStu
21/10/2009, 2:38 PM
its not over yet. Alot of hard work to be done.

But last night was so f*ckin sweet. :D :D

WoodquayBoy
21/10/2009, 2:43 PM
Hard Work? You have us, Sligo and Bray left, take care with Sligo and ye'll be sound as I can't see us or BRay causing ye a problem

SkStu
21/10/2009, 2:56 PM
Hard Work? You have us, Sligo and Bray left, take care with Sligo and ye'll be sound as I can't see us or BRay causing ye a problem

you think football is as straightforward as that WQB???

marinobohs
21/10/2009, 4:12 PM

Bearing in mind how tight the top of the table is every game is a potential banana skin no matter who we are playing. Great to get our noses in front at this stage and even better that Rovers tremendous unbeaten run is over but still a long way to go and I (as others) won't take anything for granted until mathematically certain.
Great for the League that there is so much to play for at both ends of the table :D

PS would like to add my congrats to those nice people from Cork !!!!!!!!

sligofan4ever
21/10/2009, 5:39 PM
You have been our bogey team this season in the league and in both the cups so I expect a tough game but by the time we play eachother we could win the league that night so it could be another interesting night

P.S Thank god Richard Brush wont be playing in goal he seems to save his best performance's for the Bohs games

Hes done well against ye, but wait until Byrne,Crowe Madden and the rest come up against Ciaran Kelly ;):D

Da Real Rover
21/10/2009, 5:45 PM
Hes done well against ye, but wait until Byrne,Crowe Madden and the rest come up against Ciaran Kelly ;):D
Go on Tracksuit.

WoodquayBoy
21/10/2009, 9:38 PM
Do you not remember tonking us 5-0 in Dayler? When it comes to us, it is straightforward - 9 games against the top 3 this season to-date, zero points to show for it