PDA

View Full Version : "15 Minutes of Fame" auction to play for Man U or Dundalk Legends

Ezeikial
18/10/2009, 9:50 AM
Here's an interesting auction where fans can bid to secure a place on either the Man Utd Legends or Dundalk Legends team in a match in Oriel Park on Sun Nov 15:

dundalkfc.com wrote
Your “15 minutes of fame” – squad place auction
If you fancy your “fifteen minutes of fame” - making an appearance during this match, four places in each squad are available in a unique auction. With a reserve of €250 per person, bids are being accepted now and right up to the Wednesday prior to the big kick-off. The top-bidders will win their squad place with a minimum of 15 minutes game time, 2 complementary match tickets, post-match VIP reception, and of course will retain the playing kit, with an opportunity to have it signed by all the players. You can make your bids by email to information@dfctrust.com (include your name and telephone number) or by phone to Richie on 085-1079298.
Full details -
http://dundalkfc.com/news/091013_Legends.asp

brianw82
18/10/2009, 10:05 AM
Cool idea. Expands on something we tried at the start of the '08 season. I think the guy who won that draw only got 5 minutes on the pitch. 15 minutes would at least make it worthwhile.

pineapple stu
18/10/2009, 11:20 AM
Think it's done at all the legends games. One of the things the organisers encourage.

redobit
18/10/2009, 12:24 PM
Cool idea. Expands on something we tried at the start of the '08 season. I think the guy who won that draw only got 5 minutes on the pitch. 15 minutes would at least make it worthwhile.

The guy that won the competition is a Liverpool fan and led the team out that day (id say he will be the only Sligo man ever to lead out a L'pool team). He played for nearly half an hour and was only taken off cause he was asked to be substituted, he dosent play much and was nackered.

Burny89
18/10/2009, 12:37 PM
id say he will be the only Sligo man ever to lead out a L'pool team.
Maybe Seamus Coleman:p

brianw82
18/10/2009, 12:46 PM
The guy that won the competition is a Liverpool fan and led the team out that day (id say he will be the only Sligo man ever to lead out a L'pool team). He played for nearly half an hour and was only taken off cause he was asked to be substituted, he dosent play much and was nackered.

That's not the game I'm thinking of. This was the one in pre-season last year.

Celdrog
18/10/2009, 12:51 PM
Here's an interesting auction where fans can bid to secure a place on either the Man Utd Legends or Dundalk Legends team in a match in Oriel Park on Sun Nov 15:Isn't this the second time Dundalk have done this, this season.
So who won the raffle back in August for the right to play against Barcelona?

http://www.argus.ie/sport/soccer/a-chance-to-play-against-barcelona-1836302.html

Infadel
18/10/2009, 12:58 PM
Isn't this the second time Dundalk have done this, this season.
So who won the raffle back in August for the right to play against Barcelona?

http://www.argus.ie/sport/soccer/a-chance-to-play-against-barcelona-1836302.html

This friendly is officially confirmed unlike the Barca game.

redobit
18/10/2009, 1:10 PM
That's not the game I'm thinking of. This was the one in pre-season last year.

Was that against a Sligo/ Leitim junior selection, I didnt think there was a competition for that.

redobit
18/10/2009, 1:12 PM

I like your thinking Burny, hopefully.

MMVIII
18/10/2009, 1:19 PM

Eh, I don't think he's a Liverpool fan and AFAIK he came on as a sub in the second half.

sligoman
18/10/2009, 3:16 PM
That's not the game I'm thinking of. This was the one in pre-season last year.You must be on about the pre-season game Vs. Harps so, the man in question got a full kit with his name and a number on the back plus played a few mins of the game...he wasn't a young fella, I'm sure he wouldn't have lasted too long.

redobit
18/10/2009, 3:39 PM
Eh, I don't think he's a Liverpool fan and AFAIK he came on as a sub in the second half.

He definetly started, I had to leave after half an hour and I seen him playing. He's a relation of Kizzys.

SkStu
18/10/2009, 4:02 PM
good idea - should probably be in the Dundalk forum though.

roversforever
18/10/2009, 5:08 PM

Seamie's from donegal!;)

Dunny
18/10/2009, 8:32 PM
good idea - should probably be in the Dundalk forum though.

Why? Anyone can enter it.

(But I see what you mean;))

Ezeikial
21/10/2009, 11:20 PM
I hear that Paul McGrath and Joey Malone have agreed to line out with the respective Man U and Dundalk Legends teams (day after the Ireland v France 1st playoff game).

Here's hoping for Frank Stapleton and Norman Whiteside to also confirm (what I'd pay in the playing auction to get a good OTT tackle in on Norm!!!)

SkStu
21/10/2009, 11:26 PM
nice one on getting McGrath.

bit of a coup and would almost sell the place out on his own id say.

Ezeikial
28/10/2009, 5:52 PM
Latest confirmations for Legends game at Oriel Park:

Paul McGrath and Frank Stapleton are the latest in a long list of household names to confirm for the Manchester United Legends team to take on Dundalk Legends at Oriel Park on Sunday November 15, kick-off at 2.30pm. Also recently added to the confirmed list is Mike Duxbury, the former England international and veteran of 14 seasons at Old Trafford

They join a star studded list which includes David May, Arthur Albiston, Sammy McIlroy, Lee Martin, Clayton Blackmore and Russel Beardsmore, Liam O'Brien, Alan McLoughlin and Peter Davenport.

The Dundalk Legends team, managed by Turlough O'Connor and Jim McLaughlin, have revealed a number of players including
Martin Lawlor,
Tom McNulty
Tommy McConville
James Coll
Dessie Gorman
Willie McKeever
Michael O'Connor
Alan O'Neill
Joey Malone

Richie O'Connor of Dundalk FC Trust, the match organisers, said "We are delighted to get these top-drawer confirmations, and have no doubt that the addition of McGrath and Stapleton will add even further interest in the "15 minutes of fame" auction for squad places. We may even have further big name announcements to follow in due course"

Match tickets (Stand €15, Ground €10, Child €5) are available from Oriel Park during office hours Monday to Friday and from the Trust Merchandise Shop on Francis St in Saturdays

http://dundalkfc.com/news/091028_Legends.asp

CF1989
29/10/2009, 10:45 AM
there was 2 winners that day for the liverpool legends game. one played for liverpool, the fella who played the first half hour, the other played for rovers for the last ten minutes or so

young clancy got a run up front against harps in pre season last year

Ezeikial
12/11/2009, 1:47 AM
Seems that there are still some places available on the '15 minutes of fame' auction to play either with or against Paul McGrath, Frank Stapleton, Day May, Arthur Albiston & co in the Dundalk Legends V Manchester United Legends match this Sunday in Oriel Park (kick-off 2.30pm)

Late bids can be emailed to information@dfctrust.com (info@dfctrust.com) (include your name and telephone number) or you could haggle a deal on the spot by phone with Richie on 085-1079298. This is one of a number of events organised by the Dundalk FC Trust.

http://dundalkfc.com/news/091028_Legends.asp

There is also a Gala Night on Saturday 28 November which features the 1979 double-winning Dundalk team being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Peter Collins of RTE is compere and Rau Houghton is Special Guest Speaker:
http://dundalkfc.com/news/091028_Gala.asp