PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress Themes

Pauro 76
17/10/2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.elegantthemes.com/

About to base a website on this theme for my brother. What's the best way of doing it, with Wordpress do you need to know HTML etc or is it WYSIWYG?

Schumi
17/10/2009, 2:34 PM
The basic stuff is as simple as posting on foot.ie. If you want to change the colours or something, it's a bit more awkward.

Pauro 76
17/10/2009, 4:06 PM
Haven't used Wordpress before ya see. Just signed up for WordPress, I'll buy the templates needed and hopefully it'll be as easy as that. Just wanted to check before getting it...

dahamsta
18/10/2009, 6:44 PM
The template will work out of the box as you see it. If you want to modify it you will need to know some basic HTML or graphic design, depending on what it is you need to achieve. So, what is it you want to achieve? :)

(How do you mean you just "signed up" for WP btw?)

Pauro 76
18/10/2009, 9:08 PM
Before buying the templates, had no idea there was a difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org. WordPress.com is obviously basic stuff for blogs, but Wordpress.org is a completely different kettle of fish as I discovered.. What I meant was that I signed up for the Elegant Themes templates, about 20 of them bundled for $20 a year, they look great too. I'm just happy to attempt to get the site up on-line to be honest right now and worry about editing them at a later stage. :)

dahamsta
18/10/2009, 10:32 PM
If you have any trouble installing WordPress, I'll help you out.