PDA

View Full Version : Random Act of Kindness Award of the Week

blobbyblob
16/10/2009, 8:31 AM
[/URL][url]http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=1250498#post1250498 (http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=122440&page=4)

In these tough times, kindness goes a long way. Great example of that this week with Tetsujin1979 giving away two tickets to father and son in Phibsborough.

Nothing better than a good deed to give you that warm fuzzy feeling. Can I propose that you post your daily random act of kindness here and we'll award a winner every Friday?

The first winner being Tetsujin1979. Well done Big Man!

dahamsta
16/10/2009, 9:40 AM
Should be nominated for POTM I reckon.

blobbyblob
16/10/2009, 10:38 AM
Should be nominated for POTM I reckon.

Mine or his? :rolleyes:

First
16/10/2009, 1:02 PM
Call me cynical , but haven't alot of us given stuff away that we failed to sell .
Giving it away as a last resort not as a premeditated act of kindness which was the case here.

Its the randomness of the act I don't get. What was random about it , the receivers that he met is about the only thing.

I ma just be missing the point.

blobbyblob
16/10/2009, 1:18 PM
The Random Begrudgery award is on Wednesdays ;)

I dont think he was trying to sell them in fairness to him. He just spotted a father and son playing a bit of ball and decided to do a good thing - which he did. I think thats pretty random, not premeditated and everyones a winner.

That may have been the kids first time to a game and as a result of this act be inspired by the Irish performance and now may one day grow up to be the next Kevin Kilbane. :o

Magicme
16/10/2009, 1:19 PM
Thats nice. I likes to hear nice stuff like that.

First
16/10/2009, 1:23 PM
The Random Begrudgery award is on Wednesdays ;)

I dont think he was trying to sell them in fairness to him. He just spotted a father and son playing a bit of ball and decided to do a good thing - which he did. I think thats pretty random, not premeditated and everyones a winner.

That may have been the kids first time to a game and as a result of this act be inspired by the Irish performance and now may one day grow up to be the next Kevin Kilbane. :o

On the thread he was trying to sell them. He failed , he had a chance meeting he gave the tickets away . Father and kid gained , thats great.

I'll collect my award on Wednesday.;)

I hope the kid had a great time , I brought my 3 young nephews to the recent games in Thomond , their first big games and the look on their faces when they walked out and saw the pitch is something that will stay with me forever.

Mr A
16/10/2009, 1:24 PM
Oh, so you think you're a big man now that you're getting an award? I remember you when you were nothing, NOTHING!

ParkLife
16/10/2009, 2:23 PM
Well how bout this for random act of kindness. someone dropped there phone in Croker when we scored Vs Italy. Phone was in 3 pieces, phone ,back and battery. Picked it up, put it back together, and went to big Tree, put my sim card into the phone, went into the guys text messages and rang the last guy he had text. Told him I'd found his friends phone and to meet me at the Big Tree. Yer man showed up and I handed over the phone, it was a nice one too. A fancy Nokia one. And yes before I handed it over I asked the guy a few questions to make sure he wasn't pulling a fast one.
so where do I pick up my award :-)

blobbyblob
16/10/2009, 2:54 PM
Not only was it pretty sound - it was well thought out too. Maybe next week Park .oohhhhhhhhhh a full week of anticipation:D

PartySaint
16/10/2009, 3:15 PM
I bought my mate 2 pints last night:D

Where do i pick up my award?

SkStu
16/10/2009, 10:31 PM
[/URL][url]http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=1250498#post1250498 (http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=122440&page=4)

evidence please. :rolleyes:

:p

tetsujin1979
16/10/2009, 11:00 PM
I dont think he was trying to sell them in fairness to him. He just spotted a father and son playing a bit of ball and decided to do a good thing - which he did. I think thats pretty random, not premeditated and everyones a winner. Pretty much what happened. I had guessed I wouldn't be able to sell tickets because there would be loads of spares available, although I didn't anticipate just how many were going. When I got out of the car, the man and his son were kicking a ball around on the small green opposite the Gravedigger's, so I asked him if he had tickets to the game. When he said he didn't I offered him mine, and left. As I walked away, I heard him calling his son over to tell him they were going to the game, it was a good feeling!

evidence please. :rolleyes:

:p
is my word not good enough?

thischarmingman
17/10/2009, 9:15 AM
is my word not good enough?

We're going to need to speak to the child.

stann
17/10/2009, 2:40 PM
I have decided that I will not kill you all.
You puny humans will never know how close you came to total annihilation.

Am I going to have to wait til next week to be in with a shout of a prize so, yeah?

Mad Moose
17/10/2009, 3:15 PM
Well done Tets. I have to say I have always found you very obliging when its comes to getting recordings of games here. Otherwise I'd have missed quite a few of the qualifiers this year. (Still waiting on the Italy game from last Saturday ;)

Well done Tets. It was a lovely thing to do. I'll still bet both Dad and child are cursing ya now for sending them to watch that borefest. In fact I believe the son has threatened to leave home since. :D

blobbyblob
31/10/2009, 5:21 PM
Well Lads and Lasses,

Not sure if you are aware but Eirebhoy has donated his organs to 6 different people following his tragic passing. As a result he has improved the recipients lives and their families immeasurably.

I've ticked the box at the back of my drivers license as a result of his actions to become a donor myself if the situation arises, God forbid. As I dont think my being at his funeral would lend anything, this is the best way I could pay my respects to him.

This weeks act of kindness award can only be given to Gearoid Walsh - hero.

First
03/11/2009, 2:45 PM
I've ticked the box at the back of my drivers license
This weeks act of kindness award can only be given to Gearoid Walsh - hero.

Blobby, I have also done the same after reading this post.

Acornvilla
04/11/2009, 12:10 AM
i helped an old woman by getting fanta for her from of the top shelf in tesco yesterday :D

blobbyblob
04/11/2009, 7:29 AM
i helped an old woman by getting fanta for her from of the top shelf in tesco yesterday :D

Im sorry now but I have to question the validity of this - old people don't drink Fanta.

Acornvilla
04/11/2009, 7:35 AM
Im sorry now but I have to question the validity of this - old people don't drink Fanta.
it was lemon fanta and it was 80ish cent (thats why she wanted it she said0 and probably baught it for the grand kids?? she said she felt unwell so i offered to go ask some staff for help but she refused. cant realy give you any more proof tbh but i have witnisses :D

bennocelt
04/11/2009, 8:32 AM

I opened a door for an old woman yesterday - whats with old people that they can never ever say "thank you":mad:

blobbyblob
04/11/2009, 8:42 AM
I opened a door for an old woman yesterday - whats with old people that they can never ever say "thank you":mad:

You only get so many "Thank You"s to use up in your life. They probably ran out.

Acorn is in the running with the FANTA story

Bluebeard
04/11/2009, 10:35 AM
You only get so many "Thank You"s to use up in your life. They probably ran out.

Acorn is in the running with the FANTA story

More like FANTAsy story. If anything the reverse is true, helping rot the poor old dear's dentures.

And when did they start putting Fanta on high up shelves? Unless it was a dwarf he helped, in which case he is well up for the award!

DeLorean
04/11/2009, 10:50 AM
This thread is in complete conflict with the 'self-praise is no recommendation' proverb.

Sligo Hornet
04/11/2009, 11:22 AM

Based on the shop CCTV footage you forgot to finish the sentence Acornvilla........."whilst carefully removing her purse from her handbag"

thischarmingman
04/11/2009, 11:54 AM
More like FANTAsy story. If anything the reverse is true, helping rot the poor old dear's dentures.

And when did they start putting Fanta on high up shelves? Unless it was a dwarf he helped, in which case he is well up for the award!

You're obviously not a subscriber to Fanta XXX magazine are you?

thischarmingman
17/11/2009, 11:30 PM
Not me, but an online thanks to the person who handed in my wallet with every single cent, note, receipt and card in it when I stupidly left it on the 151 last weekend. :)

De Town
18/11/2009, 8:59 AM
Not me, but an online thanks to the person who handed in my wallet with every single cent, note, receipt and card in it when I stupidly left it on the 151 last weekend. :)
No problem man, any time!

Acornvilla
19/11/2009, 10:00 PM
well ve done feck all good for the world this week except trying to cheer up a sad friend :)

Magicme
20/11/2009, 8:40 AM
Told you not to say that I was feeling sad, they will all want to give me hugs now! Sheesh.

Bluebeard
23/11/2009, 7:09 AM
This. (http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1277910&postcount=1)