PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk 2-2 Rovers

Pages : [1] 2

Well Red
15/10/2009, 8:30 AM
I really feel confident about this one, it will not be easy as Dundalk are a big strong team. They have a bad record for getting red and yellow cards but we cant rely on that. We simply have to take more of the chances that we create and our strikers will have to do the business. We are better equpped this time than any of the previous games that we have played against them this season. Our supporters are brillant and really make themselves heard, so hope a good few turn up. Come on the BOR

redobit
15/10/2009, 8:42 AM
Just looking at the table and if we had held on to our lead the last time we played Dundalk, we would have been level with them on the table at this stage. I think it shows how far we have come recently.

If we can beat Drogs last game, anything from the 3 tough away games left will be a bonus, and hopefully enough.

rovers100%
15/10/2009, 12:01 PM
personally i think we are a better team than dundalk going with our current form. we have taken a considerable amount of points since the dundalk game with only shams getting a lucky win against us !!! we beat dundalk already up there so no reason why we cant again. we may be slightly jaded fri nite thats my only concern as tue nite was a tough game and boco must be wrecked by now.

sligoman
15/10/2009, 1:31 PM
Don't think we'll get anything from this game.

dong
15/10/2009, 2:08 PM
Don't think we'll get anything from this game.
Not even a point Sligoman?
Surely we can draw up there. Would be delighted with that.

dublinred
15/10/2009, 2:12 PM
Dundalk struggled against pats last week which would point our direction but then they had a rest midweek so hard to call reckon we will get at least a draw , we will need ventre in central midfield as expect Dundalk will have a few animals in there.

dong
15/10/2009, 2:47 PM
we will need ventre in central midfield as expect Dundalk will have a few animals in there.

Never a truer word spoken!

bingoballs
15/10/2009, 5:05 PM
Dundalk struggled against pats last week which would point our direction but then they had a rest midweek so hard to call reckon we will get at least a draw , we will need ventre in central midfield as expect Dundalk will have a few animals in there.
Spot on

Dunny
15/10/2009, 6:14 PM
We should have Alex Williams and Michael Daly back for this, so our friend Mr. Mansaram can take his place on the bench.:)

Blowin_Rover
15/10/2009, 7:36 PM
Result for us......Believe!!!!!!

Rovers Maniac
15/10/2009, 8:19 PM
We can take something from this, if we play the way we have being playing we can make it two wins up there this season.

CarrickFan
16/10/2009, 2:21 AM
9 from 9 has been brilliant and were defo safe from bottom place but with 4 games to go and 3 away im still nervous...driving yp to Oriel 2mor would 6 or 7 points from the last 4 games do us??

srfc1928
16/10/2009, 9:00 AM
9 from 9 has been brilliant and were defo safe from bottom place but with 4 games to go and 3 away im still nervous...driving yp to Oriel 2mor would 6 or 7 points from the last 4 games do us??

6th.Galway- Derry(H),Bohs(H),Drogheda(A),Shams(A),Co rk(H) 37points (-17GD)

7th.Rovers- Dundalk(A),Derry(A),Bohs(A),Drogh eda(H). 36points (-11GD)

8th.Pats- Bray(H),Bohs(A),Derry(H)Drogheda(A),Sha ms(H). 34points (-17GD)

9th.Drogheda - Shams(A),Galway(H),Cork(A),Pats(H),Rovers( A). 28points (-17GD)

10th.Bray W- St.Pats(A),Dundalk(H),Derry(A),Bo hs(H). 26points (-21GD)

6 or 7 points would be more than enough.
I still think 41/42 pts will do the trick.

If we can get to say 41pts (4 more points) Pats would have to get 7 from their last 5 or even 8 as they have an inferior goal difference. If Bray can take points off them tonight i cant see where they are going to get the points from as they have to play shams, bohs, Derry and Drogheda

Drogheda wil pick up points but on 28 and -17GD, I cant see them overtaking us.

Galway arent out of this yet either. Cork at home in the last game of the season could be the key for them depending on what Cork team turn up.

Jeebus
16/10/2009, 9:27 AM
6th.Galway- Derry(H),Bohs(H),Drogheda(A),Shams(A),Co rk(H) 37points (-17GD)

7th.Rovers- Dundalk(A),Derry(A),Bohs(A),Drogh eda(H). 36points (-11GD)

8th.Pats- Bray(H),Bohs(A),Derry(H)Drogheda(A),Sha ms(H). 34points (-17GD)

9th.Drogheda - Shams(A),Galway(H),Cork(A),Pats(H),Rovers( A). 28points (-17GD)

10th.Bray W- St.Pats(A),Dundalk(H),Derry(A),Bo hs(H). 26points (-21GD)

6 or 7 points would be more than enough.
I still think 41/42 pts will do the trick.

If we can get to say 41pts (4 more points) Pats would have to get 7 from their last 5 or even 8 as they have an inferior goal difference. If Bray can take points off them tonight i cant see where they are going to get the points from as they have to play shams, bohs, Derry and Drogheda

Drogheda wil pick up points but on 28 and -17GD, I cant see them overtaking us.

Galway arent out of this yet either. Cork at home in the last game of the season could be the key for them depending on what Cork team turn up.

We are only on 36 points at the moment 1928;)

CF1989
16/10/2009, 9:43 AM
we could very easily get beaten in the 3 away games either like. its just so hard to know what will happen. hoping bray still have some fight left in them tonight and get something off pats and also that derry improve against galway. we cant lose tonight. a point at least. sean connor sides are always just sittin in mid table challenging for nothing so hopefully there guna be off the boil

showgies
16/10/2009, 10:04 AM
. sean connor sides are always just sittin in mid table challenging for nothing so hopefully there guna be off the boil

Sean Connor will send his team out to kick us tonight as he always does. I hope we come out of this injury free.

srfc1928
16/10/2009, 10:07 AM
We are only on 36 points at the moment 1928;)
****:o
I thought i was being clever putting the amount in brackets, backfired big time. My math skills were never any good since i used to sit beside Maniac in class, its his fault, the good times and craic were always going to catch up on me and now it has.

Ye bucks from Grange have ruined my life one way or another :D

Jeebus
16/10/2009, 10:34 AM
****:o
I thought i was being clever putting the amount in brackets, backfired big time. My math skills were never any good since i used to sit beside Maniac in class, its his fault, the good times and craic were always going to catch up on me and now it has.

Ye bucks from Grange have ruined my life one way or another :D

No need to say anything more................. :D

srfc1928
16/10/2009, 11:37 AM
lads whats the best route from Sligo to Dundalk ?

Rovers Maniac
16/10/2009, 11:54 AM
Usually go through Enniskillen and turn off at a place called Mcguiresbridge, and on to Dundalk from there.

bingoballs
16/10/2009, 5:55 PM
any word on Kendrick lads?

roversman
16/10/2009, 5:57 PM
is the game on the net anywhere

prodsc
16/10/2009, 6:03 PM

Just found this

http://www.dundalkfm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=13&Itemid=59

Dunny
16/10/2009, 6:16 PM

Expect a very very biased view and if you haven't listened to these lads, your in for a treat. Hilarious stuff.

roversman
16/10/2009, 6:17 PM
Just found this

http://www.dundalkfm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=13&Itemid=59

thanks

prodsc
16/10/2009, 6:41 PM
thanks

I remember from last time:)

Good to get anything though!

prodsc
16/10/2009, 7:15 PM
1 up, Raf

sligofan4ever
16/10/2009, 7:25 PM
1-1 now I think.

prodsc
16/10/2009, 7:34 PM
1-1 half time.

Doyle had a great chance- free header. Burns good block from Ryan, possible hand ball, Blinky unlucky early. Their goal possible offside. Turner dictating play for them.

sligofan4ever
16/10/2009, 7:50 PM
Dundalk peno, Ventre handball AFAIK

Turner scores. 2-1 Dundalk

prodsc
16/10/2009, 7:51 PM
2-1 DUNDALK, Turner peno after Danny handles in box.

sligofan4ever
16/10/2009, 8:03 PM
Chris Turner off

2-2 Keane peno :) the commentators and fans are not one bit pleased with the ref, now ye know how we feel all season lads.

roversman
16/10/2009, 8:14 PM
dundalk down to 8 men

SligoBrewer
16/10/2009, 8:16 PM
dundalk done to 8 men

Freudian slip, yes?

prodsc
16/10/2009, 8:28 PM
Sounds to me that Dundalk are the better team with only 8 men!!

sligofan4ever
16/10/2009, 8:30 PM
Sounds to me that Dundalk are the better team with only 8 men!!

We havent created anything since Heary got sent off.

roversman
16/10/2009, 8:35 PM
we cant break down teams just like liverpool

sligofan4ever
16/10/2009, 8:36 PM
Cherrie is saving them.

roversman
16/10/2009, 8:37 PM
we blew a great chance of 3 points again against dundalk

prodsc
16/10/2009, 8:39 PM
'Sligo hadn't a clue to break down 8 men' sat the commentators. Unlucky at the end by all accounts. 2-2 final

kkontour
16/10/2009, 8:41 PM
wonder who the ref was,
it sounds like winters MO

sligofan4ever
16/10/2009, 8:42 PM
wonder who the ref was,
it sounds like winters MO

T.Connolly is what I seen anyways.

SligoBrewer
16/10/2009, 8:45 PM
Galway winning is a balls, but as they still have drogs, shams, bohs and cork to play they could easily roll down into the play offs.

Pats winning is a balls.

But sure feck it.

bingoballs
16/10/2009, 8:46 PM
sounds like we were shooting from distance instead of hoofin the ball into their box and puttin them under pressure. three points there for the takin and we blew it! cant understand why turner was only brought on with 5 minutes left when they were down to 8 men. would have taken a point before the game but feel like its 2 dropped now. hope peers, ventre and o grady aren't injured!

sligofan4ever
Galway losing has brought them right back into it. and as they still have shams, bohs and cork to play they could easily roll down into the play offs.

Pats winning is a balls.

But sure feck it.

But Galway are winning 3-1 though :confused:

sligofan4ever
sounds like we were shooting from distance instead of hoofin the ball into their box and puttin them under pressure. three points there for the takin and we blew it! cant understand why turner was only brought on with 5 minutes left when they were down to 8 men. would have taken a point before the game but feel like its 2 dropped now. hope peers, ventre and o grady aren't injured!

Probably just taken off to be rested with it being 8 vs 11.

thesilverfox
16/10/2009, 8:47 PM
Galway losing has brought them right back into it. and as they still have shams, bohs and cork to play they could easily roll down into the play offs.

Pats winning is a balls.

But sure feck it.
:confused::confused:
they won 3-1

SligoBrewer
16/10/2009, 8:47 PM
But Galway are winning 3-1 though :confused:

:o:o

Balls. Sorry, the match is still ongoing and hence why their 3 points isn't on the extratime table yet.

Well Red
16/10/2009, 10:09 PM
Sligo far superior to Dundalk in the first half but when they went down to 8 men we lost the plot, build ups were very poor and we showed a great lack of imagination and shooting from distance. This is one we should have won as Dundalk have not much in the way of skill but are a robost team.
Bad ending and too make it worse the Sligo supporters were locked for a long time after the match. Missed opportunity and the results have gone the wrong way for us tonight. At least our unbeaten run goes on a while longer so must not be to critical.

Uncle Tupelo
16/10/2009, 10:56 PM
Great chance for three points wasted, not as easy as all that to score when they were down to 8 as they packed the box but rovers hadn't a clue at that stage.
There was no pace to the build ups and when the crosses should have been flying into the box they were fecking around trying flicks that didn't come off.
Sligo were decent enough first half, no one was outstanding but looked easily as good as Dundalk, but when they got their second after half time thought they were all over us. Chrissy Turner was bossing midfield. The sendings off were all justified and after that Dundalk just wanted to hold out.
I agree that Rob Turner should have been put on with at least twenty mins to go, either lump it long to him and Blinky and hope for a knock down or get the wingers to get down the wing to whip in the crosses at pace at every available opportunity.

What happened was Richie Ryan playing square passes to O' Grady who played it out to Doyle or Marshall who were delaying getting it in. It was all slow and all in front of a wall of Dundalk defenders. It was poor considering the opportunity we had.

Were kept hanging around for twenty mins after the game, kip of a ground.