PDA

View Full Version : Winning Start to the season

Breifne
22/02/2004, 5:46 PM
Monaghan United 1 Dublin City 2

DUBLIN CITY overcame the challenge of first division side Monaghan United in a closely fought encounter at Century Homes Park, Monaghan today, by a single goal, despite dominating the fixture.

Read more at: Dublin City FC (http://www.dublincityfc.net/news.php?id=601)

Ringo
23/02/2004, 7:08 AM
Sounds like a good start, considering the injuries. Glad to see Robbie scored. How did Jason Colwell look? Saw his story in the people yesterday. Sounds like he was treated like ****e by rovers

Maynard
23/02/2004, 9:08 PM
Just a couple of questions. I thought we let Mick O'Byrne go, and then he sticks another penalty away for us on Sunday!;)
Am I to assume he's not under contract with us anymore but is just training with the squad?
Also the list of present injuries in the match report on the website is pretty huge, are any of them (bar Toccy and Sweat) particularly bad, as in won't make start of the season?
Was surprised to see Pierre Ennis on the casualty list.

Good to see the team winning on Sunday, although it's only a friendly it certainly can't hurt to familiarise ourselves with victory;)

Ringo
23/02/2004, 9:16 PM
one or twp players (namely those that scored!!!) are just training at the moment, But that looks like it might change. The word on the street is that that most will be fit for the start even "sweat". Just think its starting back training strains & knocks. Better that they get them over with now.

Maynard
24/02/2004, 5:13 PM
That's good news alright.
Had to smile when I heard who the two goalscorers were, didn't think I'd be hearing them in that context any time soon.Feel glad for both of them.

A face
24/02/2004, 11:37 PM
So ... how are you lot fixed ??

Breifne
25/02/2004, 1:12 AM
Originally posted by A face
So ... how are you lot fixed ??

Have to say, I'm delighted at the progress so far, was excited to hear of the signings made by the club early during the close season, and capturing Jason Colwell is a big move for the club, i don't think John Gill is quite finished yet.

Should be interesting.

(I know there will be certain people who will say the Colwell is sh**e and won't be worth a cr**, but I beg to differ, and I think he will fit in perfectly with the friendly club athmosphere, that has been created by everyone involved with the club, staff, management, players, sponsors & the fans.)