PDA

View Full Version : Poland Friendly

Pages : [1] 2

London Irish
21/02/2004, 7:44 PM
……Polish mate reckons their FA has confirmed the friendly on the 28th April….see http://www.pzpn.pl/!!…nothing confirmed as yet from the FAI…...

………Lots in common the Irish and Poles and certainly worth a visit (without even mentioning the vodka and obscenely attractive women) ………

Jon'o
21/02/2004, 8:27 PM
Originally posted by London Irish
……Polish mate reckons their FA has confirmed the friendly on the 28th April….see http://www.pzpn.pl/!!…nothing confirmed as yet from the FAI…...

.... intresting got the dutch translation? :D

only joking worth a look see

gspain
24/02/2004, 8:55 AM
Looks like BydgosXXXX - venue for U21 game in 91.

Drove there from Warsaw approx 3 hours west of warsaw. Should be accessible also from Berlin.

Nice City. stadium was a bit of a concrete bowl.

Condex
24/02/2004, 12:37 PM
Looked on the fai website and theres details of this friendly.

lopez
24/02/2004, 1:52 PM
Originally posted by gspain
Looks like BydgosXXXX - venue for U21 game in 91.

Drove there from Warsaw approx 3 hours west of warsaw. Should be accessible also from Berlin.

Nice City. stadium was a bit of a concrete bowl.
Bydgo...sh*t!!! Would have liked Kracow where there is a bit more culture going on. Wasn't this also the kip of the 1981 3-0 defeat? Me thinks a return beano to Madame Marijana's could be on the cards for the more seasoned members of the FAI Council. :eek: Let's hope they actually see the game this time. :mad:

Anyway, this is what the Polish FA said: Prezydium Zarz¹du PZPN ustali³o ceny biletów na najbli¿sze mecze towarzyskie reprezentacji Polski. Karty wstêpu na spotkanie Polska – USA, które rozegrane zostanie 31 marca w P³ocku kosztowaæ bêd¹: 20, 30, 70 i 100 z³otych. Ceny biletów na mecz Polska – Irlandia, który odbêdzie siê 28 kwietnia na stadionie Zawiszy w Bydgoszczy, ustalono na: 20, 35, 50 i 70 z³otych. Erm that isn't what it said as the lifting of the article hasn't worked out too well. Still, no need to speak Polish to get the raw details. Haven't seen anything on the FAI site yet. :confused:

Footie_Fan
25/02/2004, 5:28 PM
It will good to get an away friendly in to see how the younger guys cope away. However, as it likely to be in April there will be mass drop outs with the season finishing.

gspain
26/02/2004, 8:23 AM
Originally posted by lopez
Bydgo...sh*t!!! Would have liked Kracow where there is a bit more culture going on. Wasn't this also the kip of the 1981 3-0 defeat? Me thinks a return beano to Madame Marijana's could be on the cards for the more seasoned members of the FAI Council. :eek: Let's hope they actually see the game this time. :mad:

Anyway, this is what the Polish FA said: Prezydium Zarz¹du PZPN ustali³o ceny biletów na najbli¿sze mecze towarzyskie reprezentacji Polski. Karty wstêpu na spotkanie Polska – USA, które rozegrane zostanie 31 marca w P³ocku kosztowaæ bêd¹: 20, 30, 70 i 100 z³otych. Ceny biletów na mecz Polska – Irlandia, który odbêdzie siê 28 kwietnia na stadionie Zawiszy w Bydgoszczy, ustalono na: 20, 35, 50 i 70 z³otych. Erm that isn't what it said as the lifting of the article hasn't worked out too well. Still, no need to speak Polish to get the raw details. Haven't seen anything on the FAI site yet. :confused:

Yes same venue as 81 game - Packie's debut. I didn't get to sample to delights of Madame Marijana's though in 91 and too young in 81 - 1st away trip was Rotterdam a few months later.

BTW I do rememebr that in 91 the U21 game was live on TV - olympic qualifier for Poland and not a single journalist made the trip and they all filed their reports from Poznan having watched the game on TV.

lopez
26/02/2004, 10:44 AM
Yes same venue as 81 game - Packie's debut. I didn't get to sample to delights of Madame Marijana's though in 91 and too young in 81 - 1st away trip was Rotterdam a few months later.
My first away game was the same (in fact it was my first game full stop :( ).

BTW I do rememebr that in 91 the U21 game was live on TV - olympic qualifier for Poland and not a single journalist made the trip and they all filed their reports from Poznan having watched the game on TV.
I've seen the antics of some of the Irish press corps at close range and they wouldn't feel out of place in Madame Marijana's.

One hack from The Sun was known as 'Magic' after the LA Lakers basketball player who caught AIDS sleeping around. Another night in Tirana in 93 I was having a drink in the street talking to some locals and a policeman when this semi-naked drunk (all he had on was a towel) stumbled out of some house shouting at us to keep the 'fe*kin' noise down lads'. He was one of Ireland's top sports photographers. :rolleyes:

And who could forget in this Hall of Shame, 'Slags', aka 'The Italian Stallion' whose proud boast was that he'd never been to a brothel even though some of his female aquaintances wouldn't get a job as a puta in that crack house in the film, New Jack City. If you're reading this Slags, are you still alive? :D

sylvo
26/02/2004, 11:01 PM
Yea he is still going strong by the sound of thing's, he was commentating on Fulham v someone on capital gold the other night, I heard his dolesit tone's while I was crashed out in the lorry coming back from Watford.:(

czarner
27/02/2004, 12:23 AM
I'm an Irishman currently living in Bydgoszcz and all the Poles here are telling me that the match is definitely on (for 28th April) and tickets are going on sale soon (for 35, 50, and 70 zlotych each - about 8, 11 and 15 euro respectively; the 50 zl ones are the ones to get apparently). I was looking about the web for some English-language confirmation of this (as my Polish is still woeful) when I came across this site. So anyway, don't know why the FAI are saying nothing about it but hopefully the game will go ahead.

Anyway, some info about the city: Its got a population of about 400'000 but the city centre isn't very big and the pubs are ok but there that many of them; that said the drink is very cheap (in fact, everything is a good bit cheaper than in other large Polish cities) and they'll stay open as late as you want. The place is ok in its own way but it's primarily an industrial and commercial city and doesn't have too much of interest culturally - its a bit of a Limerick really. The stadium they'll be playing in belongs to a 3rd division club but it's fairly big (they were a top team until about 20 years ago apparently) and they've held a good few internationals here, the last being against Scotland about 3 years ago. Everyone still talks about the Scottish fans quite a bit so you lot owe it to your country to get over here in large numbers and give the locals something to remember!

gspain
27/02/2004, 7:44 AM
Originally posted by czarner

- its a bit of a Limerick really. !

As I said it's a really nice city. ;)

lopez
27/02/2004, 9:01 AM
Originally posted by czarner
The place is ok in its own way but it's primarily an industrial and commercial city and doesn't have too much of interest culturally - its a bit of a Limerick really.
Erm, count me out! :D

Originally posted by sylvo
Yea he is still going strong by the sound of thing's, he was commentating on Fulham v someone on capital gold the other night, I heard his dolesit tone's while I was crashed out in the lorry coming back from Watford.:(
Yeah I s'pose no one wants to listen to QPR playing. ;)

czarner
27/02/2004, 6:39 PM
Don't think I'd ever make a succesful career in sales :(

Its not that bad really... honest, guv

lopez
27/02/2004, 6:59 PM
Only joking hombre. I'm virtually committed to coming over, so you haven't done that bad. Wished it was in Kracow though. Maybe you'd even agree on that one.

lopez
02/03/2004, 10:21 AM
Spoke to a nice colleen at the FAI by email today and apparently the 'fixture is 99.9% going ahead.' The FAI 'are just waiting on the Polish to return the signed agreement which they have not done yet.' Bydgoszcz is definitely the venue.

London Irish
02/03/2004, 5:58 PM
Spoke to a nice colleen at the FAI by email today and apparently the 'fixture is 99.9% going ahead.' The FAI 'are just waiting on the Polish to return the signed agreement which they have not done yet.' Bydgoszcz is definitely the venue.

Good work Lopez!!! Agree it is a shame it wasn't Kracow which is easilly the best part of Poland....For those intersted there is a new Polish budget airline (can't be bothered to do a web search) my mate was telling me about......Flies I think to/from Warsaw and Poznan (from London) but Bydgoszcz is coincidently eqidistant from both!!

Can't wait!!!! And only four weeks + 1 day to the Czechs in Dublin!!!!Keep them coming I say!!!!!

lopez
05/03/2004, 12:44 PM
Just got an email from my contact at the FAI confirming that the red tape has been cleared and the game is confirmed. Presumably an official statement will be posted on the FAI website and the press. :)

lopez
05/03/2004, 1:27 PM
Originally posted by davros
Probably out of Jnr.'s WC remit,but definitely interested in going....

Any news on budget flights/trains,planes,automobiles etc.....
Air Polonia (a Polish Ryanair) fly there from Stansted: Warsaw flights are daily. British Airways also do cheap deals too.

Junior
05/03/2004, 1:50 PM
Probably out of Jnr.'s WC remit,but definitely interested in going....

Any news on budget flights/trains,planes,automobiles etc.....

hey Davros, was flicking through 'Jack Charltons USA94 Diary' and guess who's ugly mug appears in it, with a group of fans in Albania - you celebrity you!!

Won't make the Poland game, fair bit on at the moment off to the Nou Camp with a bit of luck in a few weeks time !!

lopez
05/03/2004, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by Junior
hey Davros, was flicking through 'Jack Charltons USA94 Diary' and guess who's ugly mug appears in it, with a group of fans in Albania - you celebrity you!!

Won't make the Poland game, fair bit on at the moment off to the Nou Camp with a bit of luck in a few weeks time !!
I'm there on the left. Also present is T 'No Pasaran' F, Davey G and the late Tony Booth. :( Happy days.

lopez
05/03/2004, 2:58 PM
Yes!That was the photographer who insisted on the words'London Irish'being covered on the tricolour.....it made p3.of that week's Irish Times(Sat.);The auld girl dropped her tea & the Star,World Cup'94 Souvenir pull-out...........None of d'b*stards ever paid any commission.....
Yes Billy Stickland was the name of the w*nker. Told us: 'This picture is for Irish readers.' I took a photo of the rest of you for OTOR with 'London Irish' visible, but alas that picture was ruined by the absence of my hunkish good looks. :D

London Irish
07/03/2004, 7:50 PM
Air Polonia (a Polish Ryanair) fly there from Stansted: Warsaw flights are daily. British Airways also do cheap deals too. Have you booked Lopez???

Am about to book my flights…..
this crowd from London to Warsaw (or Posnan) plus train to Bydgoszcz is a goer…but searching around the web you could can fly Lot from London to Warsaw and then Warsaw to Bydgoszcz in around 4 hours (i.e. hour sitting around Warsaw airport for an hour.)

Reckon there might be a decent turnout for this one…away games a bit rare at the moment….

if anyone is intrested I found this interesting website on Polish football (in English) with a bit on info on the stadium etc.. http://www.polishandproud.freeserve.co.uk/ ..Good how the FAI website travel section is always so accurate and up to date isn’t it!!!

lopez
07/03/2004, 7:59 PM
Originally posted by London Irish
Have you booked Lopez???

Yeah! Me and da bwoyindahood, Sylvo, are going to Krakow and coming back from Warsaw with Air Polonia. Doing a bit of a cultural visit (ie: Staying out of the pub for a couple of hours), especially as Sylvo's got a bit of a phobia of Poles to get over after a nun from there force fed him a 'curry' when he was at infant school. We're hoping to take in the scenic delights of Krakow and also visit the remains of the death camp at Auschwitz which is nearby.

sylvo
07/03/2004, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lopez
[B]Sylvo's got a bit of a phobia of Poles to get over after a nun from there force fed him a 'curry' when he was at infant school.

Lopez, I have not forgotten that incident, and i hope we thrash em big time as revenge, I could never look @ a curry for nearly twenty five year's after that, now that i love curry I'm even more angry because thank's to that nun i've spent year's refusing to go for a curry with everyone, and now feel that i've missed out, I want revenge, also she's got a pair of shoe lace's belonging to me, she was a sadist.:mad:

Lionel Ritchie
08/03/2004, 1:15 PM
everything is a good bit cheaper than in other large Polish cities) and they'll stay open as late as you want. The place is ok in its own way but it's primarily an industrial and commercial city and doesn't have too much of interest culturally - its a bit of a Limerick really.

Sounds fcukin' great. I'm there ...just how do you pronounce it foe-net-ik-alee?!:p

czarner
08/03/2004, 11:13 PM
Its pronounced something like Bid - gosh - ch. As in ch(eese); they like to string their consonant sounds together, these Poles.

ccfcman
08/04/2004, 12:29 PM
by the looks of things ireland will have a fierce amount of friendlies coming up b4 the euro champs.not quite the real thing though :(

sylvo
09/04/2004, 12:15 PM
Cz. et.al......Know anywhere where we can pick up tickets locally in Bydgoszcz,for the Ireland end?
Not arriving until 2 pm.on day of game.....also where is ground in context of town-centre/rail station,please?

Ticket's are 15 euro's, got an e-mail from Dec Fin and e-mailed him back for meself and Lopez, if yer do e-mail him about ticket's don't do what yer normally do and p**s him off.
Look's like Bydgoszcz is'nt a huge place from the map's i've been looking @ so i would'nt think that the ground is to far from the city center.

lopez
09/04/2004, 1:07 PM
Ticket's are 15 euro's, got an e-mail from Dec Fin and e-mailed him back for meself and Lopez, if yer do e-mail him about ticket's don't do what yer normally do and p**s him off.
Look's like Bydgoszcz is'nt a huge place from the map's i've been looking @ so i would'nt think that the ground is to far from the city center.
It may come as a 'wee' surprise to people on this board but Davros almost got slung out of the RISSC last year by Captain Doby over matters concerning a certain Scottish League club's players (and ex players) reception at Lansdowne Road and Hampden Park.

sylvo
09/04/2004, 1:15 PM
Hoss, just been on our wee mind's, seeing some of the comment's from all the Hilda's and Dorothy's, classic stuff, the one's about not buying a certain soft drink becuse Damian Duff is in the advert is priceless and the Dermot O'Leary one's also a cracker, great stuff :) :D

lopez
09/04/2004, 1:23 PM
Hoss, just been on our wee mind's, seeing some of the comment's from all the Hilda's and Dorothy's, classic stuff, the one's about not buying a certain soft drink becuse Damian Duff is in the advert is priceless and the Dermot O'Leary one's also a cracker, great stuff :) :D
Ourweeminds?! Yes classic stuff indeed. However take it easy Chicano with OWM, otherwise we'll get Research girl - maybe even the Army Groupie aswell - on here giving you (well attempting to give you :rolleyes: ) a cyber version of what Lennie and the boys did in the back of the Windsor Bar on the Shankill back in the seventies. BTW, is my mate Dog Breath still sniffing his mates' arseholes on that site? :D

sylvo
09/04/2004, 5:55 PM
Ourweeminds?! Yes classic stuff indeed. However take it easy Chicano with OWM, otherwise we'll get Research girl - maybe even the Army Groupie aswell - on here giving you (well attempting to give you :rolleyes: ) a cyber version of what Lennie and the boys did in the back of the Windsor Bar on the Shankill back in the seventies. BTW, is my mate Dog Breath still sniffing his mates' arseholes on that site? :D

Did'nt see anything by dog breath, just spent the little visit creasing up with all the ranting about Michael Collin's, Dermot O'Leary and boycotting product's that have been endorsed by player's who play for IRELAND, as for research girl, i've seen her post's during the last little punch up and she was really really scary, might have another look, see if any more comic's have added to it.

Duncan Gardner
09/04/2004, 7:56 PM
Evening boys.

Lopez, Mad Dog won't be bothering you for a while. The silly cnut is still recovering from his abortive effort to abseil into the Le Coq stadium in Tallinn.

Good debate about the Big Fellow on OWC- that guy with the Spanish handle is a bit of a revisionist though. Any of ye know him?

Wishing you all a happy holiday in Bromberg (I'm not up to Polish spelling, though did actually visit the town while the family were over there in the early 70s. Torun/ Thorn a few km away is quite touristy). I dread to think how the Polski hooligan firm will cope with Davros, mind :)

Duncan Gardner
10/04/2004, 8:31 AM
I wouldn't bother. Many of them think Ireland is part of England :)

sylvo
10/04/2004, 10:47 AM
Wishing you all a happy holiday in Bromberg (I'm not up to Polish spelling, though did actually visit the town while the family were over there in the early 70s. Torun/ Thorn a few km away is quite touristy). I dread to think how the Polski hooligan firm will cope with Davros, mind :)

Yes mr Davros, i hope you are gonna behave yerself over in Poland.

lopez
10/04/2004, 11:33 AM
Lopez, Mad Dog won't be bothering you for a while. The silly cnut is still recovering from his abortive effort to abseil into the Le Coq stadium in Tallinn.
Well he never 'bothered' me in the first place.

Good debate about the Big Fellow on OWC- that guy with the Spanish handle is a bit of a revisionist though. Any of ye know him?
Actually he did catch my eye. He struck me as sounding like an oasis of intelligence in a desert of ignorance. :D Only thing I find worrying about the bloke is his need to constantly re-invent himself - Mad Doggerel, Baalti Jam Session, Armada Verdeblanco, Duncan Gardner :eek: - although this may well be perhaps a symptom of paranoia prevalent amongst O6C fans.

Wishing you all a happy holiday in Bromberg (I'm not up to Polish spelling, though did actually visit the town while the family were over there in the early 70s. Torun/ Thorn a few km away is quite touristy). I dread to think how the Polski hooligan firm will cope with Davros, mind.
Was you're old man a diplomat or something, going to these exotic locations as a child. Leaving aside my parents home towns, the most exotic place I ever saw as a kid was Southend. :o

Duncan Gardner
10/04/2004, 4:25 PM
Only thing I find worrying about the bloke is his need to constantly re-invent himself - Mad Doggerel, Baalti Jam Session, Armada Verdeblanco, Duncan Gardner :eek: - although this may well be perhaps a symptom of paranoia prevalent amongst O6C fans

ooh, you bitch :)

Was you're old man a diplomat or something, going to these exotic locations as a child. Leaving aside my parents home towns, the most exotic place I ever saw as a kid was Southend. :o

He was in the 'security' branch of the Brit Foreign office- ex-Army guys who were there to supervise the locally-employed heavies if it kicked off. Not that it ever did in eastern Europe, this being the 70s. Everyone spent their time gathering 'intelligence'. The old man used to take me along when he met VIPs at the airport- I was told to bugger off by Alf Ramsey and bought a coke by George Brown (famously drunkard Brit politician, even by 70s standards).

But for all that excitement it was considerably more drab than Sarfend :(

lopez
10/04/2004, 5:57 PM
I was told to bugger off by Alf Ramsey and bought a coke by George Brown (famously drunkard Brit politician, even by 70s standards).
Never heard pf George Brown but was he drunker than Reginald 'What an awful country (Ireland/NI/Britain): Someone get me a drink' Maudling?

CollegeTillIDie
11/04/2004, 1:31 PM
Whenever I encounter Poles who don't know better ( a small minority),
I usually explain to them that Ireland is as much part of Britain as they are part of Germany... usually gets the point across :)

Alex Parker
11/04/2004, 2:33 PM
The difference being that most Poles don't speak German and that there's not many Germans in the Polish international side?

CollegeTillIDie
11/04/2004, 5:17 PM
Aha let me see , comparing Ireland and Poland .

I don't know much about Germans playing for Poland over the years.
Let's look at some possible Poles who have played for the Fatherland.

Well Germans had Hans Tilowski ,Jurgen Grabowski and Pierre Littbarski(Polish Surnames) playing for them over the years. Probably a few in more recent times but they have slipped my mind.

English internationals of the past have included ,South African Colin Viljoen
Jamaican John Barnes ;Welshmen Rob Jones and Michael Owen , and Graeme Le Saux who was entitled to French citizenship.
They have 49 million of a population to choose from as opposed to less than 4 million. English internationals in Rugby Welshman Dewi Morris Irishman Kyran Bracken and don't get me started on their cricket team.
If anyone wants to have a go about our football team, the English cannot frigging talk !

At least our Irish internationals qualify under eligibility rules for one of our passports.

Alex Parker
11/04/2004, 5:50 PM
At least our Irish internationals qualify under eligibility rules for one of our passports.

Unlike black people unlucky enough to be born in Ireland, if your government gets its way :(

Graeme Le Saux and Michael Owen are both fully qualified for England. They're both dirty bstards and all, by the by.

What makes you think I'm English?

CollegeTillIDie
11/04/2004, 6:31 PM
Well as we have capped Phil Babb, Chris Hughton, Paul McGrath , Curtis Fleming and Clinton Morrison and would cap any of those Irish born kids if they are good enough to play football I don't think your argument holds up.

Did I say you were English? You happen to live there, and perhaps your views regarding eligibility of players to play for Ireland are shaped by what you read in their media.

Any player born on the Channel Islands is eligible to play for France as well as England.

Alex Parker
11/04/2004, 7:30 PM
Well as we have capped Phil Babb, Chris Hughton, Paul McGrath , Curtis Fleming and Clinton Morrison and would cap any of those Irish born kids if they are good enough to play football I don't think your argument holds up

If future Irish-born black kids don't have a passport (statistically likely since McDowell's plan is obviously racist), then they won't be eligible to play for Ireland. Of course you could bring in English-born black players,which would be ironic.

Did I say you were English? You happen to live there, and perhaps your views regarding eligibility of players to play for Ireland are shaped by what you read in their media

My views on this issue are shaped largely by the Irish media (including this forum). That's the only place where it's covered in depth. The English media weren't interested in Clinton Morrison or Kevin Gallen as potential internationals, so didn't write about them.

Any player born on the Channel Islands is eligible to play for France as well as England.

Are you sure? Anyway, the two recent internationals from the Islands made clear from the start they were only interested in England.

CollegeTillIDie
12/04/2004, 9:21 AM
The kids, be they black, brown ,yellow (or that awful pink colour most of us have), are entitled to passports and citizenship it is their parents who do not necessarily have the right to live here. That is the correct official position.
Any of those kids will have the right to return to Ireland as adults and live and work here and there will not be a damn thing the government can do to stop them. So let's be clear about this. The babies are citizens and cannot be deported, their parents are not citizens and therefore do not have that same guarantee.

About the Channel Islands , they are technically speaking English occupied France. And as such the French allow people born on les Iles De Manches(Channel Islands) to have French Passports, in the same way anyone born anywhere on the island of Ireland is entitled to Irish citizenship.
Yes the French were interested in capping Matthieu Le Tissier at one point, before he was called up by England.

Kevin Gallen played for England at Under 21 it was his brothers that did not play for England. The result was Kevin was through his own stupidity at accepting the call up, was denied a senior international career for the Republic of Ireland. Cause an Irishman who can score goals wherever he was born is guaranteed an international career ( Niall Quinn 21 goals record scorer for Republic Colin Clarke 13 goals record scorer for Northern Ireland)
To show how shot shy us Irish are Malta's record goalscorer Carmen Bussutil
scored 25 goals for his country) . So being an Irish soccer player up to now you needed to be incapable of sprinting ( no of Irish who won sprint medals at Olympics to date zero) and incapable of scoring see above..... New blood can only be welcome.

lopez
12/04/2004, 11:28 AM
The difference being that most Poles don't speak German and that there's not many Germans in the Polish international side?
It's an interesting and accurate observation that you make about Ireland's moves to a 'blood' citizenship, although your reference to English players in the Irish team is somewhat ignorant of the basic and primary foundation of citizenship laws in MOST countries: namely that children of citizens born abroad are always granted citizenship ahead of those born in the same country of aliens. I'm against any move to ban people from citizenship because they were not born with the right nationality of parents even though I, and many on this board have waved our own right - which incidentally was removed to those born after 1981 - to the same in Britain. If the fact that I, and a fair few others on here have decided that our parents country is more important to our identity annoys and irritates you, then that's f*cking tough. :p

Black players who have represented Ireland have had at least one Irish grandparent. It doesn't make Clinton Morrison Irish, but it does give him the right to Irish citizenship. He would have the same right if he was no more than pimp looking to open a knocking shop in Dublin. There was no special arrangements made for him unlike many British - or more importantly German - sportsmen/women who have represented their country, where the countrys' own citizenship rules were broken to allow them to represent their country.

BTW: Poland has an African playing for them (don't know the name but he was at Panathinaikos last time I cared to look) who was neither born nor have any family from Poland. My my, even they are recruiting foreigners. :rolleyes:

Condex
12/04/2004, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Alex Parker
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason that few Poles speaks German is that that millions of Germans were evicted from Poland after WWII

CollegeTillIDie
12/04/2004, 9:33 PM
The man Emmanuel I think is his first name, was born in Nigeria and became a naturalised Pole through playing there for 5 seasons from age 17-22 . I think he played for Legia Warszawa but I could be wrong about the club

Mark Rutherford and Garry Haylock would now be eligible to play for the Republic by the same token, by virtue of naturalisation.

Schumi
13/04/2004, 11:56 AM
Emmanuel I think is his first name
Emmanuel Ollisadabe (not sure of spelling, but that's fairly close!)

shawnpl
14/04/2004, 1:07 AM
Emmanuel Ollisadabe (not sure of spelling, but that's fairly close!)
Yup, you're close - his name is Emmanuel OLISADEBE :)
About Bydgoszcz - really nice city, no access problems at all. People should be friendly, however don't overstate your joy after winning the match, it isn't welcomed ;)

Is it true that Roy Keane will be back in the team for this match?