PDA

View Full Version : Bonus for six televised games..

holidaysong
12/10/2009, 6:17 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/ccfcforum/prize_fund09.jpg

According to this table (taken from a post (http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1113878&postcount=3) by A face) clubs get a €35,000 bonus if they have 6 games on TV in a season. Does anyone know if cup games count towards these 6 games though, or do they have to be league games?

The reason I ask is because our game against Rovers next week is supposed to be on TV according to a poster on Oriel Web and that'd bring us up to 6 games, but one of them was an FAI Cup match against Bohs.. Will we get the €35,000 or not then?

HarpoJoyce
12/10/2009, 6:47 PM
According to this table (taken from a post (http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1113878&postcount=3) by A face) clubs get a €35,000 bonus if they have 6 games on TV in a season. Does anyone know if cup games count towards these 6 games though, or do they have to be league games?

Get yourself in the play-off Final. I understand that two-legged affair is televised.

WoodquayBoy
12/10/2009, 6:50 PM
I'd imagine the TV bonus is to be shared between clubs who have 6 games televised?

holidaysong
12/10/2009, 7:29 PM
I'd imagine the TV bonus is to be shared between clubs who have 6 games televised?

Yeah good point. I think Bohs are the only club with 6 televised games so far.

brianw82
12/10/2009, 7:42 PM
or four or more live television fixtures held on nights other than Friday

I think you have to add in Setanta games to that figure too.

sligofan4ever
12/10/2009, 7:57 PM
Come Friday week I think we'll have had 6 live games.

Shams vs Rovers - Tallaght, 2nd game of Season
Galway vs Rovers - Terryland Park, 4th game of the season
Derry vs Rovers - Brandywell, 6th/7th game of the season
Bohs vs Rovers - Dalymount, FAI Cup
Rovers vs Cork - Showgrounds, Setanta Cup
Rovers vs Waterford - Showgrounds, FAI Cup

peadar1987
12/10/2009, 7:59 PM
It's depressing that Bray won't make this number even if all of our remaining games are shown!

brianw82
12/10/2009, 8:02 PM
Come Friday week I think we'll have had 6 live games.

Shams vs Rovers - Tallaght, 2nd game of Season
Galway vs Rovers - Terryland Park, 4th game of the season
Derry vs Rovers - Brandywell, 6th/7th game of the season
Bohs vs Rovers - Dalymount, FAI Cup
Rovers vs Cork - Showgrounds, Setanta Cup
Rovers vs Waterford - Showgrounds, FAI Cup

Was our game against Derry later this month scheduled to be shown, or did I imagine that?

A face
12/10/2009, 9:13 PM
Lads, is it just games at home, so all six games would have to be at home.

I could be wrong but i cant see it being all the games that any one club is involved in. It would be just the home team.

I have a feeling that its just to counteract the issue that some clubs had with having home games televised, citing their gate numbers be affected etc. due to all the televised games they were taking part in.

SMorgan
13/10/2009, 6:10 AM
Lads, is it just games at home, so all six games would have to be at home.

That's what I reckon. It's only when clubs host the cameras.

theneutral
13/10/2009, 7:24 AM
Could that not be an issue then where there was a cup game, surely the away side could claim that there away figures would be down as a result of the game being on TV?

(Im assuming its still a case that away sides in the cup get a cut of the gate reciepts?)

I reckon its for 6 games televisised, home or away. Realistically what LOI side is ever gonna have 6 home games televised in the one season? Cant remember that happening in quite a while but im open to correction.