PDA

View Full Version : Oxegen (Witnness Vers. 2.0)

tiktok
21/02/2004, 3:57 PM
The 2-day festival is back under a new name this year on July 10/11 (subject to licence) at Punchestown Racecourse.
Tickets on sale from Fri. March 5th at 9am.
59.50yoyo 1-day, 110 2-days, 130 2-day+Camping.

Confirmed so far:
David Bowie
The Chemical Brothers
The Darkness
N.E.R.D

OutKast are rumoured to be next on the list.

Anybody thinking of heading to it?

Footie_Fan
21/02/2004, 4:14 PM
I'd probably go if I wasn't going abroad. Not for any bands in particular just for the laugh.

gustavo
21/02/2004, 6:25 PM
NERD arre great ! pharell is a genius, pretty much any good r'b hip hop crossovrer song in the last year or so has been produced by him and chad hugo as the neptunes ie
milkshake
like i love you
change clothes
rock your body
excuse me miss
i hate you so much right now
slave 4 u
toxic
also outkast are genii surely the only modern day contenders to Princes throne

A face
22/02/2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
59.50yoyo 1-day, 110 2-days, 130 2-day+Camping.

Lads .... that is pushing the boat out i think .... 130 snots for 2 days and sleep in a pool of muck in some field.

tiktok
26/02/2004, 10:14 AM
The Strokes have been added now.

A Face, I know where you're coming from but when Paul McCartney can charge 110yoyo (before ticketmaster add-ons) for himself and a support act, surely in those terms it's worth it.

SÓC
26/02/2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
The Strokes have been added now.

A Face, I know where you're coming from but when Paul McCartney can charge 110yoyo (before ticketmaster add-ons) for himself and a support act, surely in those terms it's worth it.

Its a great laugh but the mud cant be "fun". Best advice is (honestly) to bring wellies!A fella who set his tent up next to ours had everyone laughing at him for his wellies. Until it rained.

I went a few years ago, when Oasis and Foo Fighters were the headliners. Must say they were both very disapointing.

Chemicial Brothers was one of the best audio-visual shows I've ever seen/heard tho. As long as Chemicial Bros and Strokes dont clash its well worth going to.

max power
26/02/2004, 10:44 AM
they aren't announcing what days artists are playing...i want to see bowie and i have to work on the sat night so only want a one day ticket..but no word on what day he is playing...

outcast and their two songs should be great....ha ha

tetsujin1979
26/02/2004, 10:57 AM
Best advice is (honestly) to bring wellies!

Been the last 3 years in a row, classic weekends all.

Don't bring wellies, you'll destroy your ankles. I wear these big work boots I was given while working in a warehouse. Anything along those lines or hillwalking boots and you'll be sorted.

Need about 2 layers of socks though!

max power
26/02/2004, 10:59 AM
they are all wanna be gigs compared to feile down in thurles...now that was a gig !!!!