PDA

View Full Version : New chants

the rovers
11/10/2009, 8:09 PM
along the lines of what has been created for trapp what do you think of: oh cookie he used to be a scouser but hes rovers now!
think we need one for gavin peers our best players needs better than peersy.

1st time post
12/10/2009, 6:43 PM
Although i rarely sing much these days totally agree that peersy does need a song, think its jus a hard name to fit in there!!anyway heres my suggetiton...
To the tune if 'magic hat'{not sure if ye kow that!!!}

Gavin Peers is magic
He wears the magic hat,
And when he saw the showgrounds,he said i fancy that.
He doent play for galway or derry coz theyre s..hite,
He plays for Sligo Rovers coz were ****ing dynamite!!

Heres a link for the tune which begins after 5 seconds...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEkoDsx9BYY&feature=related

Also the second last line of the song think nearly every team in the league fit in there along with galway

MMVIII
12/10/2009, 8:07 PM
Although i rarely sing much these days totally agree that peersy does need a song, think its jus a hard name to fit in there!!anyway heres my suggetiton...

Gavin Peers is magic
He wears the magic hat,

Heres a link for the tune which begins after 5 seconds...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEkoDsx9BYY&feature=related

Also the second last line of the song think nearly every team in the league fit in there along with galway

Seriously? :o

fionnsci
12/10/2009, 8:27 PM

Gavin Peers is magic
He wears the magic hat,

My school sing that at the big rugby games!

P.S. Sorry to intrude on your forum/thread!

CF1989
12/10/2009, 10:34 PM
oh gavin your so fine your so fine you blow my mind hey gavin, hey, hey, hey gavin!

Only1Rovers
13/10/2009, 7:50 AM
Ok here we go lads, I've been working on this one for a few days now....
I've even consulted Phil Coulter and he says it stands up as a song.... It's to the tune of The Keiser Cheifs, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby.... Here we go...."Peersie, Peersie, Peersie, Peersie...."

sligoman
13/10/2009, 11:45 AM
My school sing that at the big rugby games!

P.S. Sorry to intrude on your forum/thread!Your school sing about Gavin Peers at rugby games? Wow, he really is a hero:).

Sean South
13/10/2009, 4:53 PM
I think our supporters sing to many songs for our current players and not enough about our past glories, traditions, history, our colours, where we're from, former greats etc

northwestexile
18/10/2009, 6:14 AM
think we need one for gavin peers our best players needs better than peersy.

"WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF GAVIN PEERS,
A TEAM OF GAVIN PEERS,
A TEAM OF GAVIN PEERS,
AND NUMBER 1 WAS GAVIN PEERS
AND NUMBER 2 WAS GAVIN PEERS............
To the tune of "We all dream of a team of Gary Breens"

sligofan4ever
18/10/2009, 10:44 AM
"WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF GAVIN PEERS,
A TEAM OF GAVIN PEERS,
A TEAM OF GAVIN PEERS,
AND NUMBER 1 WAS GAVIN PEERS
AND NUMBER 2 WAS GAVIN PEERS............
To the tune of "We all dream of a team of Gary Breens"

Then you obvously haven't heard it to the tune of "we all dream of a team of Gerry Carr's" ;).

Rovers1
18/10/2009, 1:12 PM
The passengers of the Dooley Express (minus Dooley) on Friday came up with an excellent new version of 'When the Reds go marching in'. I'm pretty sure it'll be heard in the Brandywell on Tuesday night.

CF1989
18/10/2009, 5:59 PM
oh when the reds!!!

northwestexile
22/10/2009, 8:51 AM
Then you obvously haven't heard it to the tune of "we all dream of a team of Gerry Carr's" ;).
A team of Gerry Carrs in a relegation battle? are you mad? he's nowhere near match fit..............

I quite liked "Gerrys gonna get ya" and "Whats that coming over the hill, is it a monster, the Cookie monster" but havn't heard them in a while. Thought they were very funny.

Jeebus
22/10/2009, 10:33 AM
A team of Gerry Carrs in a relegation battle? are you mad? he's nowhere near match fit..............

I quite liked "Gerrys gonna get ya" and "Whats that coming over the hill, is it a monster, the Cookie monster" but havn't heard them in a while. Thought they were very funny.

That only gets sung when the composer, Only1Rovers, is drunk at a game!! :D

Rovers Maniac
22/10/2009, 10:50 AM
I like the '09 version of Oh when the Reds, have to say best rendition of it in the pub in Derry was the best i heard so far. :)

sligoman
22/10/2009, 10:56 AM
Have to reach 18,000 sometime...

We are not what you think we are, we are Rovers, we are Rovers!

redobit
22/10/2009, 11:00 AM
Always liked that chant

'Bring on the Harps, The Shels, The Shamrock, bring on Derry ... ... '

never hear these days.

Jeebus
22/10/2009, 11:16 AM
Always liked that chant

'Bring on the Harps, The Shels, The Shamrock, bring on Derry ... ... '

never hear these days.

Its a long long while since thats being song. I was trying to teach it to RoryH & Rovers1 on the DSC bus back from Cliftonville, but i'd say they have no recollection of that! :D

Jeebus
22/10/2009, 11:21 AM
I do indeed, only problem was we didn't know all the words.

Anyone?

Nearly certain its

Bring on the Harps, the Pats, the Shamrocks,
Bring on Derry by the score.
Stab City, Athlone Town, you're always fcuking down,
Cause Rovers are the team that we adore.

Open to correction on some of those words.

redobit
22/10/2009, 11:43 AM
Nearly certain its

Bring on the Harps, the Shels, the Shamrocks,
Stab City, Athlone Town, you're all goin fcuking down,

looks right, Though it was the Shels but it dosent really matter. Close enuf.

Rovers Maniac
22/10/2009, 11:50 AM
Nearly certain its

Thought the first line Jeebus was 'Bring on the Harps, the Shams, the Bohs'?

Really, buzzing about the match tomorrow, may see you for a pre-match bevy Jeebus :). By the way think i may head to the jinks tomorrow for the craic.

Rovers Maniac
22/10/2009, 11:52 AM
Bring on the Harps, the Shels, the Shamrocks,
Stab City, Athlone Town, you're all goin fcuking down,

looks right, Though it was the Shels but it dosent really matter. Close enuf.

Your right Shels are deffo in it Redobit, ah feck it the other sides get the message, good song though.:)

Jeebus
22/10/2009, 11:57 AM
Thought the first line Jeebus was 'Bring on the Harps, the Shams, the Bohs'?

Really, buzzing about the match tomorrow, may see you for a pre-match bevy Jeebus :). By the way think i may head to the jinks tomorrow for the craic.

Pre & post match Maniac! :)

Rovers1
22/10/2009, 12:02 PM
By the way think i may head to the jinks tomorrow for the craic.

Nice one RM! As many as possible should cram into The Jinks. Should be a cracking atmosphere. :D

SligoBrewer
22/10/2009, 4:14 PM
I'm ****ing gutted I'm missing this.

DonalE
22/10/2009, 4:35 PM
The Sligo branch of the Daniel Ventre fan club will be holding it's AGM at the back of the goals on The Railway End of The Showgrounds at 7:30 tomorrow. Specials guests for this meeting are Dave Cook and Franny Ventre. Topics for discussion are Danny's dummy in The Brandywell and the possibility of forming a search party to retrieve the ball Danny kicked over the stand and into The Foyle.

New members are welcome.

Rovers Maniac
22/10/2009, 6:00 PM
The Sligo branch of the Daniel Ventre fan club will be holding it's AGM at the back of the goals on The Railway End of The Showgrounds at 7:30 tomorrow. Specials guests for this meeting are Dave Cook and Franny Ventre. Topics for discussion are Danny's dummy in The Brandywell and the possibility of forming a search party to retrieve the ball Danny kicked over the stand and into The Foyle.

New members are welcome.

Anybody hear that Danny Ventre once played Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun and won?

Rovers1
22/10/2009, 6:03 PM
I'm ****ing gutted I'm missing this.

Please don't tell us your missing a Rovers Cup Semi for college? That would be ludicrous;)

Rovers1
22/10/2009, 6:05 PM
Anybody hear that Danny Ventre once played Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun and won?

He also took on 7 Shams fans on his own outside Mooneys....and won!

CarrickFan
22/10/2009, 7:06 PM

New members are welcome.

Are his slip and handball in Oriel also up for Discussion??:D

sligofan4ever
22/10/2009, 7:47 PM

Of course, hes won every contest hes ever entered too, even Miss Nude Accrington!

CF1989
22/10/2009, 10:44 PM

New members are welcome.

I'll be there from 6pm onwards so anyone interested in coming for a chat about Daniel, his performances of late, his tackles, his mazy runs or that infamous dummy on tuesday night, please feel free to join me, thats 6pm,the railway end, showgrounds.

DVST

Jeebus
22/10/2009, 11:31 PM
I'll be there from 6pm onwards so anyone interested in coming for a chat about Daniel, his performances of late, his tackles, his mazy runs or that infamous dummy on tuesday night, please feel free to join me, thats 6pm,the railway end, showgrounds.

DVST

You need to take up drinking!! :D

hodgie
23/10/2009, 12:11 AM
He also took on 7 Shams fans on his own outside Mooneys....and won!
Heard when he crosses the street the cars have to look both ways:eek:

sligoman
23/10/2009, 1:54 AM
http://bighugelabs.com/output/motivatorcd847d9374904b8e4136a28fb5932eb3fbbe6342. jpg

sligo23
23/10/2009, 11:48 PM
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Daniel Ventre. Amen.

sligorover
10/03/2010, 9:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1urq4Vb0XM

I think Mark Doninger has a new song...

Fivesilver
11/03/2010, 4:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1urq4Vb0XM

I think Mark Doninger has a new song...

:D 3 minutes 39 seconds of the most execrable sh*te ever to see the light of day. Legend or not, this shouldn't even be done as a joke.

dong
12/03/2010, 11:56 AM
:D 3 minutes 39 seconds of the most execrable sh*te ever to see the light of day. Legend or not, this shouldn't even be done as a joke.

Ah it's quality though!:p