PDA

View Full Version : MNS - 12th Oct

Pages : [1] 2

A face
11/10/2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/images/thisweek_bg.png

MNS Website (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/) -> Fanscope (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/features/fanscope.html)

mns@rte.ie

thischarmingman
11/10/2009, 1:39 PM
Someone's eager ;)

A face
11/10/2009, 5:56 PM
Someone's eager ;)

To see how we threw it away? I dont think so :p

sheao
11/10/2009, 8:28 PM
To see how we threw it away? I dont think so :p

It will be interesting to see weather Danny's handball was actually a sending off. From the angle i saw it at on Friday it looked like it was accidental anyway and Danny himself was saying on Red fm that he did'nt know a whole lot about it as the ball hit him.

Sheridan
11/10/2009, 8:45 PM
I got a fright there, thought I'd slept through Sunday!

Dunny
11/10/2009, 9:10 PM
Someone's eager ;)

Or bored.

sonofstan
11/10/2009, 10:25 PM
I must say, I'm really looking forward to how they deal with our tense 1-0 victory at the Cross and Rovers shock home defeat to Drogheda.

Dyl10
11/10/2009, 10:34 PM
Nah, Nutsy's post-match, racist comments will be the big talking point:p

superfrank
11/10/2009, 10:38 PM
It will be interesting to see weather Danny's handball was actually a sending off. From the angle i saw it at on Friday it looked like it was accidental anyway and Danny himself was saying on Red fm that he did'nt know a whole lot about it as the ball hit him.
I also doubt the validity of Cork's pen. From where I was, it looked like Silagalis threw himself to the ground.

Tom Connolly was the ref and he made a few very strange decisions, although I did like it when he booked Dan Connor and Billy Dennehy for time-wasting.

micls
11/10/2009, 10:40 PM
I also doubt the validity of Cork's pen. From where I was, it looked like Silagalis threw himself to the ground.

Tom Connolly was the ref and he made a few very strange decisions, although I did like it when he booked Dan Connor and Billy Dennehy for time-wasting.

He definitely threw himself to the ground, was shocked he gave a penalty.

SImilarly though I thought ye're one was harsh.

Dan deserved his booking, whereas Billy was actually trying to keep the ball in when he kicked it, he was right in front of us and looked absolutely baffled at the decision to book him.

Strange decisions is right.

brianw82
11/10/2009, 10:47 PM
Eddie Gormley and Paul Cook may, perhaps, make comment on the performance of the referees.

thischarmingman
11/10/2009, 10:59 PM
2000 at Sligo?! More like 1250, no way that stand was full.

peadar1987
11/10/2009, 11:23 PM
The pro-Rovers bias will be shocking, and I will be so sickened I will feel like changing the channel

brianw82
11/10/2009, 11:25 PM
I wonder will there be a phone-in with Stephen McGuinness, with an aerial map of the country in the background?

CarrickFan
12/10/2009, 2:04 AM
2000 at Sligo?! More like 1250, no way that stand was full.

were you there?...stand was almost full with a few hundred around the rest of the ground.

dfx-
12/10/2009, 2:39 AM
I must say, I'm really looking forward to how they deal with our tense 1-0 victory at the Cross and Rovers shock home defeat to Drogheda.

Sure then we'll have to put in a phonecall and a few tersely-worded emails to the FAI and the Dublin referees to ask what's going on.

A face
12/10/2009, 7:02 PM
Its on now

centre mid
12/10/2009, 7:07 PM
Shocking miss from Stephen Gray there for Derry

peadar1987
12/10/2009, 7:34 PM
Did Skippy run the entire length of the field to celebrate Mulcahy's winner?! Great result for Bray, and a pity there were so few there to see it.

brianw82
12/10/2009, 7:34 PM
Gareth Cambridge too!

Delighted for those Bray players, though. It's been a hard season for them, they deserve a result like that, and I hope they celebrated well.

superfrank
12/10/2009, 7:35 PM
Ball definitely hit Danny Murphy's arm but the only question would be about intent, etc.. However, it was about two yards out and he was the last man (though I think the shot might have been going over).

Still don't think the Cork peno was the right decision. Webster put his hands on Silagalis but if anything Silagalis had a delayed, and theatrical, reaction in going down.

Also, cracking goal from Conor Powell for Bohs.

holidaysong
12/10/2009, 7:43 PM
Cretaro always comes across really well in his interviews, he's almost too nice to be a footballer..

Keen2win
12/10/2009, 7:43 PM
The pro-Rovers bias will be shocking, and I will be so sickened I will feel like changing the channel

Ha if anyone want's some easy "Thanks", slag Shamrock Rovers and Sherdian will get back to ya!:D

sligofan4ever
12/10/2009, 7:44 PM
Was fully sure Marshall was going to get his second, have high hopes for the lad. Anyone know if our game with Pats was on yet ?

centre mid
12/10/2009, 7:46 PM
Think it was the first one on.

peadar1987
12/10/2009, 7:55 PM
Ha if anyone want's some easy "Thanks", slag Shamrock Rovers and Sherdian will get back to ya!:D

And if anyone wants heavy irony to slide under the radar, post on foot.ie! :cool:

Incidentally, do any of the Bray supporters want to own up to being that Moran fella?!

razor
12/10/2009, 7:55 PM
He definitely threw himself to the ground, was shocked he gave a penalty.I think it could be the lads inability to do pretty much anything right, including walking, although there was a hand on his back which could have been why it was given.

Gareth Cambridge too!

Delighted for those Bray players, though. It's been a hard season for them, they deserve a result like that, and I hope they celebrated well.Although Cambos miss wasn't the Ronnie Rosenthal i'd been expecting.
Hard not to feel sorry for our lads too.

WoodquayBoy
12/10/2009, 8:39 PM
Agree with HolidaySong re Cretaro, seems a reallyt decent guy. Sligo should have got a third, cracking save by Barry Ryan - enjoyed him going apoplectic with Mark O'Toole after Sligo's second, surprised it didn't feature in Good Bad Ugly!!

A face
12/10/2009, 8:47 PM
Gareth Cambridge too!

It was harder to miss it

Ball definitely hit Danny Murphy's arm but the only question would be about intent, etc.. However, it was about two yards out and he was the last man (though I think the shot might have been going over).

Nah, ye got away with murder there.

Dunny
12/10/2009, 8:50 PM
It looked like on Friday and from the footage that Jason Gavin handled it, peno. T on the other hand dived.

superfrank
12/10/2009, 9:07 PM
Nah, ye got away with murder there.
How??

micls
12/10/2009, 9:09 PM
How??

Well imo it was clearly accidental, he was sliding and the ball hit his hand. An accidental handball isnt a free.

That said he probably shouldnt have had his hands that high when tackling, but still a very harsh red

superfrank
12/10/2009, 9:14 PM
I said earlier, bringing intent into it, it shouldn't have been a red. However, it's still a handball two yards from goal and he's the last man. That is blocking a goalscoring chance so ref had a valid reason to send him off.

micls
12/10/2009, 9:16 PM
I said earlier, bringing intent into it, it shouldn't have been a red. However, it's still a handball two yards from goal and he's the last man. That is blocking a goalscoring chance so ref had a valid reason to send him off.

Not if it was unintentional. Intent is key in deciding if a handball is a foul or not. If there's no intent then the hand counts as just any other body part.

But as I said, some might take him having his hands up that high as intent.

A face
12/10/2009, 9:26 PM

Come on now Frankie, if you were being honest you'd say there was no intent so you cant send the guy off.

sligo23
12/10/2009, 9:30 PM
Wasn't the handball rule altered afew years ago so that it wasn't just a case of if it was intentional or not, but if the player/team was gaining an advantage from it and where the arm was in relation to the body? He stopped the ball from crossing the line with his arm, therefore gaining an advantage from it, and his arms were in the air, so imo it was a peno.

Dyl10
12/10/2009, 9:31 PM
Dan deserved his booking, whereas Billy was actually trying to keep the ball in when he kicked it.

Have to disagree.
Booking a keeper for lashing a ball after conceding a penalty is shocking refereeing.

micls
12/10/2009, 9:32 PM
wasn't the handball rule altered afew years ago so that it wasn't just a case of if it was intentional or not, but if the player/team was gaining a advantage from it and where the arm was in relation to the body? he stopped the ball from crossing the line with his arm, therefore gaining an advantage from it and his arms were in the air so imo it was a peno.

Wasn't aware of this, anyone have a link to the exact rule?

brendy_éire
12/10/2009, 9:37 PM
Come on now Frankie, if you were being honest you'd say there was no intent so you cant send the guy off.

It mightn't have been intentional but he was certainly negligent to leave his arm up in the air like that. No complaints, IMO.

Have to disagree.
Booking a keeper for lashing a ball after conceding a penalty is shocking refereeing.

It might not be fair, but it's in the rules. Ref was spot on.

dfx-
12/10/2009, 10:06 PM

It's about time someone did :mad:

CF1989
12/10/2009, 10:50 PM
was very annoyed at the red card murphy got. i hate him but just annoys me how bad the referee's are. just wish some of them, even just one of them had a bit of cop on like.

Hulsey
13/10/2009, 3:06 AM
Murphy deserved red. Handball on the line when the arm is raised is a definate sending off offense, cant for the life of me see what the fuss is about. If his hand was by his side its a different story, but if that penalty hadn't been given after the shocking one Cork were awarded thenit would have been a joke. Plus Murphy was very lucky not to be sent off in an earlier game against us for a terrible tackle on Pender that saw him miss 8 games, and they say these things even themselves out so maybe the red was karma

The Betting Man
13/10/2009, 10:13 AM
Handball on the line = Red Card, simple as

seand
13/10/2009, 10:26 AM
Regarding Bray v Cork, clear red card for Murphy I thought... what was his hand doing up there if not to block the shot? And a definite yellow for Connor for kicking the ball away to slow the game down after Bray had pulled one back.

CuanaD
14/10/2009, 12:39 PM
Good program - I enjoyed that.

Best bit was at the start of the Bray/Cork game
http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1057469
at around 26 mins 40 sec

The assistant ref (lineswoman to you & me) - with a spring in her step

seand
14/10/2009, 1:52 PM

at around 26 mins 40 sec

Please... the politically correct term is linesbird

Longfordian
14/10/2009, 2:15 PM
Linesdoll. Linesbint.

Pauro 76
14/10/2009, 5:11 PM
Lineslass?

centre mid
14/10/2009, 7:02 PM

at around 26 mins 40 sec

It looks like she is trying to get in sync with the other two, how did you spot that btw, were you not dazzled by the Carlisle?

CuanaD
14/10/2009, 8:13 PM
It looks like she is trying to get in sync with the other two, how did you spot that btw, were you not dazzled by the Carlisle?
Used to be a ref, so i often watch them as much as the ball.