PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage

niamh
09/10/2001, 12:18 PM
Why do RTE always show the matches between those two? Don't they realise there are other teams in the league including the League Champions?

Citymark
09/10/2001, 12:35 PM
They don't like travelling outside of Dublin as they probably would get lost and they'd never make it back to the Pale in time for evening drinks.

If they keep it in Dublin they can have it over and done with in a few hours.

Maybe the EL/FAI could find out if TV3 would like to show games when the option comes up for renewal.:D

pete
09/10/2001, 1:06 PM
The Commish has already ruled out TV3 as they don't have the necessary OB units. Same for TG4 as they don't provide the saem expose.

Pats & $hels have commentery boxes which RTE seem to like.

When the X has floodlights & the new commentery gantry I predict a lot more matches shown from the cross on a friday night. City would get bigish crowds for tv cameras & RTE would realise that quickely

Schumi
09/10/2001, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by Citymark
They don't like travelling outside of Dublin as they probably would get lost and they'd never make it back to the Pale in time for evening drinks.

I don't think that's it, they haven't even sent a camera the 5 minutes down the road to Belfield all year.

Originally posted by rebel
Same for TG4 as they don't provide the saem expose (sic).

Wouldn't that be the point? Anything different to nothing must be an improvment surely.

pete
09/10/2001, 4:05 PM
In fairness schumi (& no disrespect to UCD) but what does showing 100 people at a game achieve for the league?

UCD in relegation battle too & they never show live games of relegation matches.

However RTE have been abismal in terms of even sending cameras to games to show the goals on the news so far.

niamh
10/10/2001, 2:21 PM
But they don't een show other Dublin clubs as often as they do those two... I think it's cause Pat Dolan and Dermot Keely are nice to them...

Schumi
10/10/2001, 2:52 PM
You completely misunderstand (I think), I'm not advocating a live game (the muck we've been playing all season would turn a lot of people off anyway) but there hasn't been even a camera there at all. i.e. no goals on the news, on the Soccer Show or anywhere.

pete
10/10/2001, 3:26 PM
Look RTE love $hels as Tolka is the best looking ground & probably best facilities.

RTE love Pats as they've swallowed the "stadium of light" boll*x! who else calls it that name???? It wasn't too bad a ground a few years ago but is unfortunately one of the worst around now.

I may be mistaken but thing I saw the goals from UCD v $hel$ game on tv?

Only been 1 Soccer Show so hardly surprising not shown footage from UCD.

RTE have barely shown any eL footage this season so Belfield hardly been excluded deliberately.

Peadar
10/10/2001, 3:59 PM
Look RTE love $hels as Tolka is the best looking ground & probably best facilities.

The lighting is very poor in Tolka and I don't think RTÉ like showing evening games there.
We don't have lights so we usually play on Sundays. RTÉ would struggle to sell that.

pete
10/10/2001, 4:20 PM
The lighting is very poor in Tolka and I don't think RTÉ like showing evening games there.

Probably correct but having a tv gantry does make it a lot easier for RTE to cover a game at Tolka. RTE are a lazy lot so having to erect a bit of scaffolding probably takes some doing.

When the cross gets the lights from Bishopstown they'll be excuse for RTE not to come down & visit Cork. We would obviously have to change the odd game to a friday but that shouldn't be a problem.

Gerry Desmond
12/10/2001, 9:59 AM

We would obviously have to change the odd game to a friday but that shouldn't be a problem.

Except for printing deadlines...! :D

Gerry

BTW, I'm in the Friday night lobby (as opposed to being in the Lobby Friday night...)