PDA

View Full Version : GREG & the corner

TheNorthsider
20/02/2004, 2:08 PM
i believe greg has signed a new 3 year contract

thecorner
20/02/2004, 2:34 PM
id say people that were at the bandon would even be convinced by now that he hasnt got a future in the first eleven

thecorner
20/02/2004, 2:44 PM
handy squad player but nothing special.

believe me,i hope he proves me wrong cos i want all our players to be strong but i just cant see it happening

SSS
20/02/2004, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
id say people that were at the bandon would even be convinced by now that he hasnt got a future in the first eleven

In fairness, Greg is a right footed player and he was played at left back by the master of the out-of-position PD.
The last time he was played there was the drubbing in Waterford when Hoggie should have been moved across...

RedX
20/02/2004, 6:58 PM
Who cares about Bandon and whether Greg played well or not.It was one game and a pre-season friendly also.Pat knows what Greg can do and i am sure he wont decide over his future with this game.After all Dolan did name him club captain only 12 months ago.I hope the reason for Gregs possible departure is not down to his attitude.He even mentioned this before himself that he has to correct it.I was never his biggest fan but i would really like to see the guy stay and fight for his place.He is a Corkman and a good player when his head is right.I am sure with some determination and with some support from the fans he can get back in there but only if he shows the right attitude.So come on Greg and prove all the doubters wrong lad...

thecorner
20/02/2004, 10:39 PM
he will be handy against the likes of drogheda and dublin city so that some of the first teamers can take a rest

would just about trust him against teams of this standard

RedX
21/02/2004, 12:27 PM
thecorner... you are clueless :confused:

thecorner
21/02/2004, 2:58 PM
RedX

UR FUNNY

notice in topic where evryone is naming their team foir the season,there is no sign of greg

everyone laughed at me last season

now im laughing at the funny people:D

RedX
21/02/2004, 3:34 PM
thecorner...fair point...but in fairness Greg is the type of player City need...Big heart and Corkborn...the point i am trying to make is i hope Greg can up his game because i would rather see him with City than someone challenging us at the X this season..:)

Gary
21/02/2004, 5:55 PM
Originally posted by RedX
Greg is the type of player City need...Big heart and Corkborn...

Im not 'anti' Greg. Far from it. But the type of player City needs is a player who lis good enough to win a league. And I couldnt give a toss where he is from.

Having said that, ideally they would all be from Cork.

thecorner
21/02/2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by RedX
thecorner...fair point...but in fairness Greg is the type of player City need...

greg is exactly the type of player we dont need

hes not exactly gonna take the game by the scruff of the neck when we go a goal down

he went AWOL in a lot of the big games last season

ideally i would luv to see 11 top class players playing out in the cross for us but then again i wouldnt mind if there was 11 jackeens out there winning the league title for us

TheNorthsider
22/02/2004, 11:10 AM
agree corner greg went awol during some of the games last year as did nearly every other player who played in the middle of the park.Its been recognised by everyone attending games last year that our midfield was particular weak and to highlight greg alone as being the one responsible for this is wrong.We suffered majorly from not having a creative midfielder and while greg will never be that, i do think he will give good support for a creative midfielder.He gives 100%,he isnt afraid to get stuck in,he is versitile as in the positions he can play and he is the type of player who can do all the dirty work for the creative midfielder.I think there is a place for greg in the starting 11.Personally i think u corner just dont like greg similar to those who continue to have a go at george week in week out and no matter what he does u wont give him any credit

RedX
22/02/2004, 11:56 AM
Northsider..at last someone else with sense ;)

thecorner
22/02/2004, 12:28 PM
i dont have a personal problem with greg and ill give credit where credit is due but none due here

ill give a lot of credit to colin t o brien who did his very best to hold the midfield together when greg was AWOL

A face
22/02/2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
i dont have a personal problem with greg

Ha Ha ... you just crack me up sometimes !! :D

thecorner
22/02/2004, 2:00 PM
Originally posted by A face
Ha Ha ... you just crack me up sometimes !! :D

should have known ud get your tuppence worth in somewhere:D ;)