PDA

View Full Version : Montenegro squad named

tetsujin1979
06/10/2009, 3:29 PM
from http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/montenegro-name-squad-1905399.html

MONTENEGRO SQUAD: Poleksic (Debrecen), Bozovic (Partizan Belgrade); Blazic (Levadiakos,. Greece), Pavicevic (Kavala, Greece), Zverotic (Lucerne), Basa (Lokomotiv Moscow), Batak (Antalijaspor), Dzudovic (Spartak Nalcik, Russia), Jovanovic (Rapid Vienna), Pejovic (Mogren), Bozovic (Rapid Bucharest); Drincic, Novakovic (Amkar, Russia), Kascelan (karpaty Lvov), Boskovic (Rapid Vienna), Vukcevic (Sporting Lisbon), Pekovic (Mainz), Delic (Buducnost); Jovetic (Fiorentina), Vucinic (Roma), Damjanovic (Seoul), Delibasic (Hercules, Spain)

SuperDave
06/10/2009, 3:31 PM
Jovetic and Vucinic are the key danger men, though Pekovic and Jovanovic need watching too.

Mr Maroon
06/10/2009, 5:35 PM
Vukcevic too.

Jovetic is the main man though, he's on fire at the moment. Vucinic was awful for Roma at the weekend.

Closed Account 2
06/10/2009, 10:09 PM
Basa and Damjanovic are dangerous too. Goalkeeper is a potential weakness, would like to see crosses and long shots in the first 20 mins or so to sound him out. I think Montenegro are a dangerous side, they have players with a high techincal ability, but at the back they lack orgainsation and Basa is the only defender I'd rate. I guess Fatic (of Genoa) is out injured as I would have him in the squad if I was Zoran Filipovic. All of the defenders are about 6ft, except Dzudovic who is a giant, he's not a bad player and will win most things in the air (esp. if we have Keane and Doyle upfront) but his best days are behind him and the whole back line is a bit short of pace.

Crosby87
06/10/2009, 10:27 PM
I ran into Delic and Basa one time in a bar in Bangkok. Heck of a guys. I have tons of stories from that night, and one bad tatoo.

dodgycanadian
07/10/2009, 5:14 PM
Vucinic is out for 2 months with a knee injury...

Jovetic is the big concern. He was very dangerous in Podgorica as well.

Montenegrin
07/10/2009, 11:28 PM
Listen to me,our only goal at this moment is to beat Georgia and(probably) finish 4th and if we succede,I dont think that we will have motivation to try something more in Dublin.
Vucinic is out with injury and so is Pavicevic.Our main players in attack,beside Jovetic and Vukcevic,will be Damjanovic and Delibasic.Damjanovic only played couple of games for us and yes-he plays for Seoul,but isnt bad player at all.After all,he scored twice in our first game against Cyprus(2-2)(but screwed us against Bulgaria by missing two 100% chances).Also,he scored twice for Seol against Manchester United in preseason(http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={3165B97F-681E-4B39-BE53-94EC9521C3DA}&newsid=6636751&page=2&typeReport=1&team= (http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7B3165B97F-681E-4B39-BE53-94EC9521C3DA%7D&newsid=6636751&page=2&typeReport=1&team=)).Delibasic plays for Spanish segunda division team Hercules which last season battled for the promotion to spanish premier league until very end.In last game against Elche,he scored three goals,so he is on fire also.
Somebody mentioned our goalkeeper as our weakness.Well,thats just not true.I never saw him to make big mistake.He is playing at Champions League side Debreceni,that three weeks ago lost to Liverpool at Enfield only 1-0 in first round of CL,mostly due great saves by our keeper(they lost against Lyon 0-4 in second round,but I didnt watch goals from this match and dont know if any of these goals is his mistake).
All in all,I think you should relax a bit;).Bad luck with FIFA decision:mad:.

Closed Account 2
08/10/2009, 12:01 AM
Somebody mentioned our goalkeeper as our weakness.Well,thats just not true.I never saw him to make big mistake.He is playing at Champions League side Debreceni,that three weeks ago lost to Liverpool at Enfield only 1-0 in first round of CL,mostly due great saves by our keeper(they lost against Lyon 0-4 in second round,but I didnt watch goals from this match and dont know if any of these goals is his mistake).
All in all,I think you should relax a bit;).Bad luck with FIFA decision:mad:.

Well, here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoQ6pRrKEUA

I think for certain the last goal was big error... and he looked a bit slow in the other three...

geysir
08/10/2009, 9:50 AM
Listen to me,........

All in all, I think you should relax a bit;)

Are you trying to kid us? :D

Montenegrin
08/10/2009, 8:25 PM
Me :eek: ?Never :D .

IsMiseSean
09/10/2009, 1:45 PM
I thought Delibasic stayed with Serbia after the break-up... Maybe I'm getting mixed up with a different Delibasic?? My knowledge of balkan football is not the best!

gspain
09/10/2009, 1:50 PM
Vucinic plays according to this

goal.com did report a couple of days ago that he was out for 2 months.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=goal-worldcupqualifyingpreviewmo&prov=goal&type=lgns

World Cup Qualifying Preview: Montenegro - Georgia

Ewan Macdonald, Goal.com 18 minutes ago

Buzz up! 0
Print

Kick-Off: Saturday, October 10, 2009. 19:00 CET
Pod Goricom, Podgorica, Montenegro

Two of Europe's winless sides go head-to-head in the beautiful riverside capital of Podgorica as Georgia travel to face Montenegro.

With no wins for either side thus far in the European World Cup qualifiers, it is a chance to salvage some much-needed prestige and pride, as well as to climb up the FIFA rankings, in a game that both sides will have targetted as winnable.

The last game between the countries was back in April as they scrapped to a 0-0 draw in Tbilisi. Now, with home advantage and superior ranking and points, the hosts will fancy their chances.

This match, in fact, may be of interest to fans of the Republic of Ireland. Having taken six points from Georgia, the Irish supporters will wish to see the Caucasian side prevail so that their excellent points record will count towards their second-place ranking.
ADVERTISEMENT

Having been held away to Montenegro, their points tally is not so good for the play-off placing, bearing in mind that the bottom team in the group will not count towards this ranking.

Above all, though, this is about the two sides in question, who have a chance to pick up their first respective wins of what has been a barren qualification campaign so far.

FORM GUIDE

Montenegro

09/09/09 Montenegro 1-1 Cyprus (WCQ)
05/09/09 Bulgaria 4-1 Montenegro (WCQ)
12/08/09 Montenegro 2-1 Wales (Friendly)
06/06/09 Cyprus 2-2 Montenegro (WCQ)
01/04/09 Georgia 0-0 Montenegro (WCQ)

Georgia

09/09/09 Iceland 3-1 Georgia (Friendly)
05/09/09 Georgia 0-2 Italy (WCQ)
12/08/09 Malta 2-0 Georgia (Friendly)
10/06/09 Albania 1-1 Georgia (Friendly)
06/06/06 Georgia 1-2 Moldova (Friendly)
01/04/09 Georgia 0-0 Montenegro (WCQ)

TEAM NEWS

Montenegro

Coach Zoran Filipovic has a strong squad at his disposal, with all-star forwards Stevan Jovetic and Mirko Vucinic both available. Milan Jovanovic (of Rapid Vienna, as opposed to his Standard Liege namesake) and Ivan Delic both return to the squad after an absence, while Radomir Dalovic is left out.

Probable Starting XI: Poleksic; Pavicevic, Batak, Basa, Bozovic; Drincic, Pekovic; Jovetic, Bokskovic, Vukcevic; Vucinic.

Georgia

Zurab Menteshashvili, Rati Aleksidze and Mate Gvinianidze are among the absentees from Hector Cuper's squad, which will rely heavily on Alexander Iashvili for goals and the likes of Levan Kobiashvili for defensive stability.

Possible Starting XI: Lomaia; Lobjanidze, Kaladze, Salukvadze, Shashiashvili; Menteshashvili, Razmadze, Kenia, Kobiashvili; Mchedlidze, Iashvili.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Montenegro

Stevan Jovetic (Fiorentina): The few people who haven't yet seen a highlights reel of Jovanovic in action are in for a real treat. Eyebrows were raised when Fiorentina paid €8 million for the Partizan youth, but their faith has been immediately repaid with some show-stopping performances in Serie A, despite being just 19 years old. Alongside the more experienced Vukcevic, the sky is the limit for the Montenegrin forward line.

Georgia

Levan Kenia (Schalke): Not to be outdone, the Georgians have a midfield wunderkind of their own. Step forward Levan Kenia, a name more than familiar to close observers of the European football scene. Not even yet 19, he has almost as many caps as years, and is a well-established member of the Gelsenkirchen side's first team, too. Great things are expected of him, as well as Levan Mchedlidze of Palermo.

PREDICTION

Montenegro's forward four will prove too much for the Georgians in the Balkans. The bottom of the group beckons for Hector Cuper's side, who need to improve before the impending Euro qualifiers.

Montenegro 2-0 Georgia

Updated 18 minutes ago

SuperDave
09/10/2009, 10:32 PM
fact of the matter is whoever finishes bottom only matters if we lose our last two games.... and in that case it will almost certainly be georgia, so we'll be fecked. as it is, if we get one more point, the least points in the second placed table we could possibly have would be 11, better than norway, so the chances of it actually mattering are slim.... if we lose to montenegro, we wouldn't stand a chance in the playoffs anyway

the monty v georgia match is next to meaningless for us.

TheBoss
10/10/2009, 5:37 PM
Jovetic suspended for Ireland game, got booked against Georgia.

geysir
10/10/2009, 10:53 PM
Well done to Montenegro. Lets hope they are not too hungry for another win.

Both Vucinic and Jovetic out for our game.

Montenegrin
11/10/2009, 12:10 AM
We are hungry,but I dont believe that you are edible :) .

Stuttgart88
11/10/2009, 10:58 AM
Good man Montenegrin. I love it when guys like you and Cymro from Wales come on and make a great contribution to an Ireland forum. I also love it when your 2 best players get suspended!

NeilMcD
11/10/2009, 10:59 AM
To be honest now that the game is a dead rubber really, I would have preferred to see Jovetic play now.

Razors left peg
11/10/2009, 11:19 AM
with the game being a glorified friendly now how much experimentation do we expect from Trap? Anyone on a yellow card surely wont play anyway

sligofan4ever
11/10/2009, 11:25 AM
Jovetic is the one to watch but I think we are capable of beating them.

geysir
11/10/2009, 11:48 AM
It would be a hard task to watch Jovetic in a game he won't be playing in.

Closed Account 2
11/10/2009, 2:22 PM
with the game being a glorified friendly now how much experimentation do we expect from Trap? Anyone on a yellow card surely wont play anyway

I would play a complete reserve team, we dont want to risk yellow cards (or even red cards) and we dont want to put out half a full team and half a reserve team as this might damage cohesion especially if we say go down 2-0 or 3-0...

seanfhear
11/10/2009, 2:44 PM
The rest of the lads in the squad should be given a game and Andy Reid could be ball boy as his last penance before returning to the squad.:)

Montenegrin
11/10/2009, 2:46 PM
I would play a complete reserve team

Yes please...

backstothewall
11/10/2009, 10:46 PM
I would play a complete reserve team, we dont want to risk yellow cards (or even red cards) and we dont want to put out half a full team and half a reserve team as this might damage cohesion especially if we say go down 2-0 or 3-0...

I agree with the principle of avoiding yellows, but i feel changing the team entirely damages cohesion. I would like to see Keogh in Keanes role. I would like to see Westwood. I would like to see new options at full back. I would even like to see A. Reid in midfield. But I would like to see alll this with the stability of Dunne, S. Ledger, McGeady, Lawrence and Doyle.

I would also like to see Dunne given the armband for a match

SuperDave
11/10/2009, 11:47 PM
I agree with the principle of avoiding yellows, but i feel changing the team entirely damages cohesion. I would like to see Keogh in Keanes role. I would like to see Westwood. I would like to see new options at full back. I would even like to see A. Reid in midfield. But I would like to see alll this with the stability of Dunne, S. Ledger, McGeady, Lawrence and Doyle.

Unlikely.... if Shay plays, he will be given it.

Boom boom.

Closed Account 2
12/10/2009, 1:48 AM

I think having a mix and match, say Given, Keane and then the likes of Foley and Long means we could lose and some of the following players will be mixed up in the emotions of a serious defeat. If we play a team like the one below it essentially (mentally for the players) becomes a B game and none of the starters below will start in the play-offs anyway.

Murphy, Foley, Eddie Nolan, O'Dea, McShane, Rowlands, Gibson, Miller, Keogh, Hunt, Long, Best

irishfan86
12/10/2009, 4:12 AM
I think having a mix and match, say Given, Keane and then the likes of Foley and Long means we could lose and some of the following players will be mixed up in the emotions of a serious defeat. If we play a team like the one below it essentially (mentally for the players) becomes a B game and none of the starters below will start in the play-offs anyway.

Murphy, Foley, Eddie Nolan, O'Dea, McShane, Rowlands, Gibson, Miller, Keogh, Hunt, Long, Best

Westwood is the clear second choice and will be given a game if Trap goes the "B" route (which he should).

Gibson is injured and won't figure. O'Dea isn't in the squad, is he?

geysir
12/10/2009, 10:02 AM
Not ignoring the yellow card peril, Trap should send out a team to win this game emphatically.

noddy102
12/10/2009, 10:49 AM

We'd have a great chance at winning on Wednesday with a team like this one you suggest.
The extra man would provide us with the advantage, and I'd say Montenegro would not be able to cope.

drummerboy
12/10/2009, 11:20 AM
Bearing in mind the yellow cards and injuries I think the team will be

Westwood
Kelly Dunne St Ledger Kilbane
Duff Lawrence O'Shea Hunt
Keane and Doyle

tetsujin1979
12/10/2009, 11:25 AM
Trapattoni has never started O'Shea anywhere except defence. It took Finnan's long term injury, the ineffectiveness of McShane at full back and finally the emergence of St Ledger as a genuine replacement at centre half for him to move O'Shea out of central defence. There's no way he'll play centre midfield on wednesday night.

Duggie
12/10/2009, 11:26 AM
It would be a hard task to watch Jovetic in a game he won't be playing in.

thankfully. hes a great player and with us prob playing a slightly weaker side. sign off on a win and were unbeaten through the group. great achievement play off or not.

irishfan86
13/10/2009, 10:15 AM
Here's the team I'd go with:

-------------Westwood---------
Kelly--McShane--St.Ledger---Nolan
Lawrence--Miller--Rowlands--Hunt
---------Best------Keogh------

No point in getting any of our key players injured or carded in this meaningless game. Maybe play Kilbane at left-full or wide left and give him the captains armband for his 100th cap.

SuperDave
13/10/2009, 10:48 AM

No point in getting any of our key players injured or carded in this meaningless game. Maybe play Kilbane at left-full or wide left and give him the captains armband for his 100th cap.

In fairness, the players stand just as big a chance getting injured at their clubs. I'd only drop the yellow carded ones.

irishfan86
13/10/2009, 10:53 PM
In fairness, the players stand just as big a chance getting injured at their clubs. I'd only drop the yellow carded ones.

Agree on the injury front, but say an uncarded player picks up a booking this game. If they then get booked again in the first leg they could miss the second leg.

elroy
13/10/2009, 11:01 PM
Winning is a habit or at least not losing in our case. I think its important we dont lose this game, plus a win would be good for our ratings for future campaigns.
I wouldnt play a second outfit, perhaps a few changes here and there, but not widespread. Our stronger players on yellow cards should be rested. I believe Given is going to start even though he has a yellow to his name.

Razors left peg
14/10/2009, 6:55 AM

Best is on a yellow card so wont play

SuperDave
14/10/2009, 9:54 AM
I think we can trust Trap and the players to ensure no-one gets booked tonight. If he sends them out telling them to play carefully and not get booked, I'd like to think they are capable of that. It is, after all, pretty much a friendly.