PDA

View Full Version : Mns: 5/10/09

MariborKev
05/10/2009, 7:10 PM
On now.

Acornvilla
05/10/2009, 7:16 PM
i dont really like watching mns anymore am i the only one?

brianw82
05/10/2009, 7:19 PM
"People will be happy that Rovers won" - Fenlon

The world's against you, Pat. You might as well give up now. :rolleyes:

Schumi
05/10/2009, 7:25 PM
Drogheda's number 6 was lucky not to be sent off for pushing the ref after that Dundalk yellow card.

Leejo
05/10/2009, 7:35 PM
"People will be happy that Rovers won" - Fenlon

The world's against you, Pat. You might as well give up now. :rolleyes:

What's your problem? He's right. Most people were happy Rovers won. Makes for a more interesting title race if you're a neutral.

Most people in this thread wanted Rovers to win anyway...
http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=125246&page=1

thischarmingman
05/10/2009, 7:36 PM
I just muted the Derry treble coverage and pretended it was this week's highlights.

brianw82
05/10/2009, 7:38 PM
What's your problem? He's right. Most people were happy Rovers won. Makes for a more interesting title race if you're a neutral.

Most people in this thread wanted Rovers to win anyway...
http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=125246&page=1

Nothing. He's just always making snide comments like that in interviews.

A face
05/10/2009, 7:59 PM
I just muted the Derry treble coverage and pretended it was this week's highlights.

Its was great to see it though, it was some years of that Derry team.

Good programme tonight, all three spoke very well.

I really think that we need another hour long programme before the weeks fixtures, a preview, build up programme, but thats for another day.

Dunny
05/10/2009, 8:01 PM
I really think that we need another hour long programme before the weeks fixtures, a preview, build up programme, but thats for another day.

Theres always one...:p

Really enjoyed it this week.

Daly should not have been sent off, I also never noticed that push by number 6 pn Friday, how he didn't walk for it I will never know.

holidaysong
05/10/2009, 8:16 PM
Is it too much to expect the FAI to overturn Michael Daly's red card..?

BohsPartisan
05/10/2009, 8:18 PM
i dont really like watching mns anymore am i the only one?

I rarely watch MNSRFC these days. Did they show the bottle incident?

sligofan4ever
05/10/2009, 8:21 PM
I rarely watch MNSRFC these days. Did they show the bottle incident?

They did. They said a memorable night was ruined by one idiot or something like that.

Dunny
05/10/2009, 8:21 PM
Is it too much to expect the FAI to overturn Michael Daly's red card..?

An emphatic Yes.

CarrickFan
05/10/2009, 9:43 PM
An emphatic Yes.

sure the might overturn your other TEN(10) this season also!!:)

Dunny
05/10/2009, 10:06 PM
sure the might overturn your other TEN(10) this season also!!:)

Ah sure our lot are saints so no problem.......:p

CF1989
05/10/2009, 11:52 PM
its a total joke how red cards cant be over turned in this league. last season down in cork jamie mckenzie was sent off for diving and replays clearly showed he was fouled. therefore portraying him as a cheat when he was not. red card stood though. it must be the only league that has no appeal procedure

northwestexile
06/10/2009, 4:53 AM
Nothing. He's just always making snide comments like that in interviews.

True, thats the one thing that really pi$$es me off about Fenlon. In victory or defeat he has no class.
Red Bull Salzburg, lost, mouthing to their manager at the end
Dundalk, won, mouthing to Connor at the end.
Just shake hands and leave it at that

SMorgan
06/10/2009, 7:00 AM
An emphatic Yes.

The would take McKeon to own-up to making a mistake. The term "Hell will freeze over" comes to mind.

BohsPartisan
06/10/2009, 7:51 AM
Red Bull Salzburg, lost, mouthing to their manager at the end
Dundalk, won, mouthing to Connor at the end.

In fairness, did you see the antics of the RBS manager at the end of the game? Hardly unprovoked "mouthing off". As for Connor...

Celdrog
06/10/2009, 7:53 AM
Is it too much to expect the FAI to overturn Michael Daly's red card..?Well you need to appeal it first.;) Straight red for dangerous play can be appealed.

Nobody can say that Daly studs did not catch Conor Kenna in the face (nobody can say they did, other than Daly or Kenna). Kenna looked fairly shook when he came off after that tackle, which MNS didn't show.

Burns should have gone anyway. No footage of mental Mickey practically carrying the ball out of the box, no comment of Mansaram winding the Drogs fans up again after his goal, no footage of the Dundalk muppet throwing the firework onto the pitch. No comment from Connor on Burn's alleged red card ........

See we can be whingey as well:D

Cracking atmosphere up there, no trouble, decent game, plenty of incidents - people will gladly pay for nights like that.

A face
06/10/2009, 8:15 AM
last season down in cork jamie mckenzie was sent off for diving and replays clearly showed he was fouled.

That was bad alright i'll admit. Its not some much the overturning of it but the learning from it. It would be good to know the the ref reviews his performance and acknowledge they get it wrong. Its never clear if this happens.

Ezeikial
06/10/2009, 8:36 AM
Well you need to appeal it first.;) Straight red for dangerous play can be appealed.

Nobody can say that Daly studs did not catch Conor Kenna in the face (nobody can say they did, other than Daly or Kenna). Kenna looked fairly shook when he came off after that tackle, which MNS didn't show.

There is no appeal procedure for automatic one-match ban.

There may be an appeal over any further disciplinary ban for Daly; his thrird 3rd red card each described by media as "harsh".

Daly claimed immediately after the match that he made no contact with Kenna. Footage was inconclusive, but highly suspect, that Kenna cheated.

No comment from Connor on Burn's alleged red card ........

Sean Connor did comment on Liam Burns yellow card when asked by LMFM. But whats your point - you would be most likely to dismiss his view anyway?

DUFC4life
06/10/2009, 9:31 AM
Daly claimed immediately after the match that he made no contact with Kenna. Footage was inconclusive, but highly suspect, that Kenna cheated.

Kenna had blood on his head when he went to the sideline so there was contact. Kenna seems to be a very honest pro anyway and would doubt he would cheat. Shouldnt of been sent of but there was contact and kenna is by no means"a cheat"

mandrake
06/10/2009, 10:31 AM
remember the world is against dundalk too, sure they probably train for a 10 man situation anyway considering its 11 players sent off this season..

super drogs

Celdrog
06/10/2009, 10:37 AM
Sean Connor did comment on Liam Burns yellow card when asked by LMFM. But whats your point - you would be most likely to dismiss his view anyway?My point is that MNS had Conor Kenna branded a cheat while Daly was soooo unluckly, Connor threw his tuppence worth on that red card but they never asked him about Liam Burns red card, even though Sadlier said it was a red, among the other things that Dundalk were bold about.

And as for dismissing his view - half the Dundalk fans would so this, never mind the rest of us,

deja
06/10/2009, 12:46 PM

Pretty outragous statement to suggest that it is "highly suspect" that Conor Kenna is a cheat. Daly's foot caught his head, it obviously was not intentional. It was a free kick, maybe a yellow card, but not a red.
You seem to be blaming Kenna for Daly's foot catching him & Dave McKeown making the wrong decision over the colour of the card.

Rocky77
06/10/2009, 1:37 PM
My point is that MNS had Conor Kenna branded a cheat while Daly was soooo unluckly, Connor threw his tuppence worth on that red card but they never asked him about Liam Burns red card, even though Sadlier said it was a red, among the other things that Dundalk were bold about.

And as for dismissing his view - half the Dundalk fans would so this, never mind the rest of us,

No they didn't

RoversHead
06/10/2009, 2:56 PM
Daly won a ball with his boot neck high ,is that not dagerous play?allows for ref to give red but harsh i know.

Ezeikial
06/10/2009, 3:42 PM
Daly won a ball with his boot neck high ,is that not dagerous play?allows for ref to give red but harsh i know.

It could be debated about foot high / head low, but this is not really the crucial issue. If the referee interpreted this incident to be a free against Daly, so be it. To give a yellow card against him would be harsh, to give a straight red card is outrageous.

My point is that MNS had Conor Kenna branded a cheat while Daly was soooo unluckly

Pretty outragous statement to suggest that it is "highly suspect" that Conor Kenna is a cheat. Daly's foot caught his head, it obviously was not intentional. It was a free kick, maybe a yellow card, but not a red.
You seem to be blaming Kenna for Daly's foot catching him & Dave McKeown making the wrong decision over the colour of the card.

I don't think that anyone outrightly branded Kenna a cheat, but I do think it highly suspect. Michael Daly was adament, post match, that he did not catch Kenna. If that is correct Conor Kenna cheated.

Celdrog
06/10/2009, 4:01 PM
Michael Daly was adament, post match, that he did not catch Kenna. If that is correct Conor Kenna cheated.So Michael Daly who has had, what, 3 red cards in the last few weeks says Conor Kenna is a cheat who does not play within the rules:rolleyes:
The Drogs must have got those blood capsules from Harlequins :rolleyes:

So either Daly is a liar or Kenna is a cheat. I know who I believe, thanks.

Ezeikial
06/10/2009, 4:16 PM
So Michael Daly who has had, what, 3 red cards in the last few weeks says Conor Kenna is a cheat who does not play within the rules:rolleyes:
The Drogs must have got those blood capsules from Harlequins :rolleyes:

Michael Daly got no red cards for telling lies.

I see you appear to have accepted as fact an earlier posters claim that Kenna had blood on his head - Did you see this? Did he get bandaged or stiched? Did any of the TV cameras or photographers pick this up? Can you explain why in such a big crowd in close confines to the pitch that there was not greater awareness of this alleged blood-letting?

Other then the fact that the referee made a howler, I think you have summed up correctly - either Daly is a liar or Kenna is a cheat

deja
06/10/2009, 4:28 PM
I don't think that anyone outrightly branded Kenna a cheat, but I do think it highly suspect. Michael Daly was adament, post match, that he did not catch Kenna. If that is correct Conor Kenna cheated.

While you may not be outrightly branding Kenna a cheat, your choice of the words "highly suspect", is certainly suggestive that you are branding him as such. The TV evidence does not suggest no contact was made. It did not even show Kenna recieving treatment off the field, he certainly was not feigning injury.

For me, from the evidence on the night & on TV, out of the 3 parties involved, Daly, McKeown & Kenna; Connor Kenna is the least to blame. Both players just went for the ball with no intent to catch each other, Kenna with his head, Daly went in with his foot. Daly's foot clipped Kenna's head. McKeown should have just booked Daly but instead he sent him off.
That's McKeown's fault, not Kenna's.

Maybe Daly does believe he didn't make contact, but when it comes to an accidental kick in the head, I'd tend to believe the guy who's head was involved rather than the word of the guy's who's foot was involved.

SMorgan
06/10/2009, 4:49 PM

Same here.

Celdrog
06/10/2009, 5:16 PM
I see you appear to have accepted as fact an earlier posters claim that Kenna had blood on his head - Did you see this? Did he get bandaged or stiched? Did any of the TV cameras or photographers pick this up? Can you explain why in such a big crowd in close confines to the pitch that there was not greater awareness of this alleged blood-letting?

Right I'll go one by one - couldn't be bother with multiple quotes
1. Yes - I was on the terrace side to which Conor Kenna was taken off for treatment
2. Don't know. I'm not the Drogs physio and I watched the game going on rather than make a diagnosis and offer advise to our physio. He did not come back onto the pitch with a bandage.
3. Don''t know. I don't work for RTE nor have I asked any of the photographers. MNS showed about 1 minute of a game that went on for about 98 minutes.
4. A lot of people saw it, a tiny percentage post on here, which is why we don't have hundreds or thousands of Drogs fans on here confirming it.

Now you answer a question - with such a big crowd in close confines to your thug who threw a lighted firework onto the pitch, why did nobody take action and point him out to the stewards or guards? Most of the other questions apply as well, RTE record it, photographers etc, etc

Ezeikial
06/10/2009, 10:15 PM
Right I'll go one by one - couldn't be bother with multiple quotes
1. Yes - I was on the terrace side to which Conor Kenna was taken off for treatment
2. Don't know. I'm not the Drogs physio and I watched the game going on rather than make a diagnosis and offer advise to our physio. He did not come back onto the pitch with a bandage.
3. Don''t know. I don't work for RTE nor have I asked any of the photographers. MNS showed about 1 minute of a game that went on for about 98 minutes.
4. A lot of people saw it, a tiny percentage post on here, which is why we don't have hundreds or thousands of Drogs fans on here confirming it.

Ok you seem to be saying that you say blood on Kenna - if so, thats you and DUFC4Life making that assertion. With all due respect to you, I find it strange that none of the many supporters of both camps that I spoke to in person on the night (in the club bar and later in the Windmill pub) or since have mentioned this.

While I understand why a Drogheda fan would want to defend the character of their player, like it or not, there remains a major question mark about Conor Kenna's behaviour in this incident.

Irrespective of that, the decision by the referee was outrageous and plainly wrong. If common sense and justice does not prevail he could well end up with a ban of 4 matches arising from this travesty.

Now you answer a question - with such a big crowd in close confines to your thug who threw a lighted firework onto the pitch, why did nobody take action and point him out to the stewards or guards? Most of the other questions apply as well, RTE record it, photographers etc, etc

I have no idea what occured regarding Gardai or stewards, but throwing fireworks or any other object on the pitch is wrong and indefensible.

CF1989
07/10/2009, 2:19 PM
if referee's just came out and admit if there wrong and say there only human, well all makes mistakes etc then i think alot of people would have more respect for them. fans, players, managers etc.

there afraid to admit when they get things wrong. its been said before but i think referee's need to be interviewd after a game, once they've seen a replay maybe and give their views on the game. would be alot more interesting than the managers giving out about them everytime.

gael353
07/10/2009, 9:28 PM
i thought the old derry footage was class, easily know it was foyle tv/derry city and not rte with it. pity all clubs didnt have cameras back then, there would be some library now and we wouldnt need an "archive" section from 2001