PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Vs Brasil

Noise Maker
19/02/2004, 7:30 PM
Arrived at the game just before kickoff and was unable to get my hands on a programme. Were they all sold out and whats the best way to get my hands on one?

Bosco
19/02/2004, 10:45 PM
Same thing happened to me,it wasn't just cos u wer late there were no programmes left ten minutes before kick off
You'd tink the fai would have been prepared for this.Everyone wud hav wanted at least one programme since it was such a big game.Your best bet is to drop into the fai with ur match ticket or give them a ring to see if they'v any

Slash/ED
19/02/2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Bosco
Same thing happened to me,it wasn't just cos u wer late there were no programmes left ten minutes before kick off
You'd tink the fai would have been prepared for this.Everyone wud hav wanted at least one programme since it was such a big game.Your best bet is to drop into the fai with ur match ticket or give them a ring to see if they'v any

Not just that but they had a raffle to win a car based around the programmes too. As it happend, I came away with a programme and still got to use my return ticket on the dart.

pete
20/02/2004, 11:28 AM
You'd tink the fai would have been prepared for this.Everyone wud hav wanted at least one programme since it was such a big game.

Dream on! Theres no way the FAI were going top sell 44,000 Programmes! I'm sure the FAI printed more than usual but its always going to be hard to judge how many programmes to print.

:rolleyes:

there were no programmes left ten minutes before kick off...

I'm sure there a solution to this but would but far be for me to suggest it...

fergalr
20/02/2004, 12:36 PM
I too missed getting a programme (and I arrived earlier than usual!). Of course the FAI messed up here and failed to anticipate the demand. Any chance they'll do a reprint and sell them via newsagents?

The whole selling of programmes in the ground is pretty antiquated anyway. At best there is always a mad scrum at thoese wooden kiosks. Why they can't spread the sellers around mutliple individual sites is beyond me.

Robinski
20/02/2004, 12:44 PM
There were 20k programmes printed. They're a pretty hot item at the moment.

The FAI don't print the programmes they're contracted out to some other shower. I don't know who but it might be worth looking into.

Peadar
20/02/2004, 12:59 PM
Fran Rooney said that all the programmes sold out for the first time since the game v Holland in 2002.
I got 2, as did most of my mates.

London Irish
20/02/2004, 6:17 PM
there was a flourishing secondary market from young entrepreneurs at half timeā€¦

........I guess they should have limited to one per person as I notice some people were buying five......

Declan_Michael
20/02/2004, 6:37 PM
The programmes are produced by New Century Publishing Ltd

10b Lanesville
Monkstown
Co. Dublin

email: info@newcenturypublishing.com :)