PDA

View Full Version : Dear Premier Division

Roo69
05/10/2009, 8:13 AM
It was nice knowing you. Hopefully see you soon.

lowflyingseagul
05/10/2009, 8:29 AM
yep, gone gone gone

BrayUnknowns
05/10/2009, 9:22 AM
I think our only way of staying in the Premier will be if one of the other clubs (I.E. Cork, Derry etc) go even further into financial trouble ala Shelbourne a few seasons ago.

I think Cork are due back in court next week and apperently owe their players 2 months wages. You just never know!

peadar1987
05/10/2009, 9:43 AM
I think our only way of staying in the Premier will be if one of the other clubs (I.E. Cork, Derry etc) go even further into financial trouble ala Shelbourne a few seasons ago.

I think Cork are due back in court next week and apperently owe their players 2 months wages. You just never know!

I honestly think that would be justice. We have spent within our means this season and suffered badly for it. If the FAI don't come down hard on any club in contravention of the regulations, it will be a travesty. I think they'll bottle it, because they won't want this season to be seen as a joke, but if they don't do something about the reckless overspending, which I will openly call cheating, then every season will be seen as a joke.

John83
05/10/2009, 10:44 AM
Bohs could still miss the 65% rule, which the FAI have said would relegate them (me, I expect a rain of fudge if it happens). Derry seem to be in a lot of trouble, but I'm not sure if it's that much trouble. Cork might go boom any day.

pineapple stu
05/10/2009, 10:47 AM
I recall a similar post on the UCD form this time last year...

peadar1987
05/10/2009, 11:07 AM
I recall a similar post on the UCD form this time last year...

Ah, but UCD have a €100 million a year budget from the college, and they only have 4 fans, so they don't deserve to be in the league!

MariborKev
05/10/2009, 11:20 AM
Bohs could still miss the 65% rule, which the FAI have said would relegate them (me, I expect a rain of fudge if it happens). Derry seem to be in a lot of trouble, but I'm not sure if it's that much trouble. Cork might go boom any day.

I'd say if the Dungannon case goes against us(a case I can't see us winning) then we are in real difficulties.

centre mid
06/10/2009, 3:19 PM
As I've said before its going to be a long winter for a lot of clubs and individuals. I hope the league survives.

KR's Post
06/10/2009, 3:35 PM
Can't believe you guys are giving up already! Still loads to play for. Jesus i'm actually quite shocked. Imagine the players reading this!:eek:

Seagull
06/10/2009, 4:25 PM
Imagine the players reading this!:eek:

Maybe the players are in some weird upside-down parallel world and we're top of the League! Then they come on here and find out what's going on in the adjacent universe- hope their poor heads can handle it...:eek:

Weatherman
06/10/2009, 4:54 PM
Can't believe you guys are giving up already! Still loads to play for. Jesus i'm actually quite shocked. Imagine the players reading this!:eek:

come on now be realistic, have you not seen the way they have been playing?? Eddie bringing on unknown youngsters or unproven youngsters in big games, 6 pointers, fair enough give them a chance but bringin on tuoghy last game, lads did he even touch the ball?? Whats the story with emeka? he would be a great impact sub?

naoise kennedy
06/10/2009, 6:34 PM
come on now be realistic, have you not seen the way they have been playing?? Eddie bringing on unknown youngsters or unproven youngsters in big games, 6 pointers, fair enough give them a chance but bringin on tuoghy last game, lads did he even touch the ball?? Whats the story with emeka? he would be a great impact sub?

emeka playing for the A team,, eddie reckons the strikers we have are the best available to him,,, what a joke ,, agree emeka would make a great impact sub..

peadar1987
06/10/2009, 7:13 PM
emeka playing for the A team,, eddie reckons the strikers we have are the best available to him,,, what a joke ,, agree emeka would make a great impact sub..

Has Shane O'Neill been getting his game since coming back from injury? I was really impressed with him against Galway, and that goal capped things off perfectly

KR's Post
06/10/2009, 7:27 PM
Dan you're so annoying!!! lol. Just kidding. Sligo 2 up away to pats. Bray gone now, i had hope but bye bye for defo! On the up side. Wexford v Bray next year!

Weatherman
06/10/2009, 7:37 PM
Who's Dan?? yeah roll on Bray v Wexford! Then we might see you at a Bray Match!!!

KK77
07/10/2009, 9:15 AM
Not looking good at all but to be posting stuff like this is disgraceful imo. DIE-HARD supporters my a*s. We can waffle on with realistic opinions and all that guff but until it's over stuff like this shouldn't be posted.

centre mid
07/10/2009, 9:23 AM
Where are the points going to come from:

Remaining Fixtures

October 9th Bray Wanderers v Cork City Carlisle Grounds 7.45pm
October 13th Sligo Rovers v Bray Wanderers The Showgrounds 7.45pm
October 16th St. Patrick's Athletic v Bray Wanderers Richmond Park 7.45pm
October 20th Bray Wanderers v Dundalk Carlisle Grounds 7.45pm
October 23rd FAI FORD CUP SEMI FINALS
October 30th Derry City v Bray Wanderers Brandywell Stadium 7.45pm
November 6th Bray Wanderers v Bohemians Carlisle Grounds 7.45pm

if we lose to sligo away on the 13th then we are 7 points behind with 4 to play, we've to play Pats who need the points away, Dundalk at home who wont. Then up to Derry who will need points for a euro spot, followed up with Bohs who will need the 3 points for the league.
EDIT forgot Sligo won last night

1 Shamrock Rovers Shamrock Rovers 30 63
2 Bohemians Bohemians 30 61
3 Cork City Cork City 30 52
4 Derry City Derry City 30 50
5 Dundalk Dundalk 30 41
6 Galway United Galway United 30 37
7 St. Patricks Ath St. Patricks Ath 30 33
8 Sligo Rovers Sligo Rovers 30 30
9 Drogheda United Drogheda United 30 28
10 Bray Wanderers Bray Wanderers 30 23

If we can get 3 points against cork and hope bohs beat drogheda there is a slim chance

KR's Post
10/10/2009, 8:21 AM

Lads there is 3 points already! 2 behind Drogs. Big big game on tuesday!

KK77
12/10/2009, 10:51 AM
Ha Ha delighted with Fridays results. Makes a laugh of this thread.

Grasshopper 99
15/10/2009, 1:19 PM
well we know now the FAI dont want us in the prem division by giving us the most 1 sided refs in the country, the ref was a complete joke in Sligo thanks very much to the 200 odd people working for the FAI in there fancy place in abbotstown. Are you the ones ruining football in the country rather than the refs you employ for games that could make or break a season, you bunch of W@-K€RS.

KK77
15/10/2009, 2:38 PM
well we know now the FAI dont want us in the prem division by giving us the most 1 sided refs in the country, the ref was a complete joke in Sligo thanks very much to the 200 odd people working for the FAI in there fancy place in abbotstown. Are you the ones ruining football in the country rather than the refs you employ for games that could make or break a season, you bunch of W@-K€RS.

You have got to be joking???? There is no way we are bottom of the league due to refs and the FAI.

Seagull
15/10/2009, 6:34 PM

Only losers blame the ref...

Hulsey
16/10/2009, 3:35 AM

While Doyle didn't have a great game up in sligo, it's a bit rich to claim he cost us the match. The suspected penalty he didn't give shouldn't have needed to be given as Mc Cabe should have scored coming in behind anyway, and you could argue that we should have had a free kick at the death on the edge of the box after the tackle on Mc Cabe, but there is no guarantee we would have scored it. The ref was not at fault for the result, and if I'm being honest Sligo probably just about shaded it on the night.