PDA

View Full Version : Kerrs Style of Play

pete
19/02/2004, 4:32 PM
Seen enough of the national team now to see a noticable change of style now to the Kerr ways.

Can't see Ireland conceding many goals under Kerrs management although doesn't look like we'll be scoring a huge amount either. Up to this point Kerrs teams have been strong on possession of the ball & defensively strong.

pineapple stu
19/02/2004, 4:38 PM
Yeah, seems about right.

Was fairly impressed with the way we played last night, with lots of challenges going in and (mostly!) denying the Brazilians time on the ball. Were very slow going forward though - if we could just start playing the ball one touch earlier, we'd be doing very well...

tiktok
19/02/2004, 5:33 PM
The infamous final ball is our problem.
Control and build up was OK at times but too often we had to turn back because midfield was slow to commit forward.
There was only three decent attacking passes all game from us, one from Morrison, one from Kav and one from lucio;) .

On Kerr's way of playing though, I thought it was pretty clear we hadn't worked on set pieces, which we should be doing.

Falconblade
19/02/2004, 5:39 PM
The defence seems to have been stabilised a bit. Of course, it's only one game, but it's encouraging nonetheless.

Declan_Michael
19/02/2004, 6:08 PM
We need to find a partner for Robbie. Their is too much reliance on him to produce the goods. He missed a few good chances last night. I'm still not sure about Morrisson.

pete
19/02/2004, 7:11 PM
Originally posted by Declan_Michael
I'm still not sure about Morrisson.

Lot of people there with you.

Morrison is a one trick pony & isn't a patch on Robbie Keane. Easy to see why Morrison has had trouble moving on from the english 1st division but he as good as we have at the moment.