PDA

View Full Version : about buying tickets

greg o brien
19/02/2004, 2:37 PM
does anyone reckon that 90 euro is too much to pay for tickets to the next two game. ive been offered tickets for 90 and i was willing to pay 80. i'm just not sure if i should hand over that money because i'm sure lots of tickets will become free now that the brazil game is over. i feel maybe i should wait and see what happens but on the other hand i don't want to give up the chance of getting these tickets while i can. i'm just asking because i'm not sure i'll get cheaper.

only1kilbane
19/02/2004, 2:50 PM
if you have a look on buyandsell.ie they are offering tickets for the two games for 50euro not bad when you consider would cost 40euro anyway. Either snap that up for 50 euro or wait and more adds will be in for cost price..

ger121
19/02/2004, 2:57 PM
yeah wait and see. some guy was sellin 4 tickets for €50 or maybe it was €50 each but I doubt it.

greg o brien
19/02/2004, 3:19 PM
thats the guy i was on to but he wants 50 a ticket, a bit much i reckon. 80 for two is the most i'm willing to pay.

tiktok
19/02/2004, 5:15 PM
Greg,

there were 44,000 people at the game last night, there will not be 44,000 at the next two (sad to admit, but it's true). Don't go rushing into buying tickets now, there's six weeks to the Czech game, and believe me there will be face value tickets available.

Bide your time and you'll get sorted.

pete
19/02/2004, 6:59 PM
Amazing to hear people paying multiple times the face value & also hearing people moan on the radio about selling 3 ticks for €60.

btw how much do people think should be the prices for the new stadium assuming it built?

tiktok
19/02/2004, 8:09 PM
Originally posted by pete
how much do people think should be the prices for the new stadium assuming it built?

I think 35yoyo is probably fair for competitive games, a fiver less for friendlies.
I think it'll be 40-45 though

greg o brien
20/02/2004, 1:42 PM
yeah i was just talking to that guy on the phone and he was trying to rush a sale on me. he wanted 90 for the two, so i decided not to take them. i agree with peadar about the touting thing, if i had a ticket and couldn't make it to the game, i wouldn't sell it to a tout, i'd try to give it to a genuine fan at face value, hopefully i will find someone with the same view as us, but we'll see closer to time.:)