PDA

View Full Version : Bray v St. Pats

Roo69
28/09/2009, 12:22 PM
Yet another "must win" game for Wanderers tonight. Full squad apart from Gary Cronin who went off injured on Friday night and Paul Byrne who has been out long term.

McCabe and Foran back in the squad thank god. We've missed Deggsy the last couple of games at the back, hopefully he'll tighten the ship up a bit, we gave away 2 very sloppy goals on Friday. It should free Mulcahy up to get back into the centre of the park. Gary should add a bit more to attack, we missed him against Drogheda.

We've had decent results against Pats this season, hopefully we can continue it tonight. There struggling this season like ourselves, but they have a new manager on board and that normally makes results better. It'll be very tough tonight but i think Friday's result will have hit home about home important it was and it should have a positive reaction.

Hulsey
28/09/2009, 1:22 PM
It probably works to our advantage that the team haven't had the week to think about the drogheda game. If we play to the best of our abilities no reason we can't get a result, but a performance like friday could see the curtains drop on our chances of staying up

The Fox
29/09/2009, 8:32 PM
After the last 2 weeks performances i think we are definitely going down now - 2 home games and no points registered was a disaster to be honest. Now i know that there are plenty of games left and galway pulled it off last year but we didnt have enough fight in us the last couple of weeks to give us any cause for encouragement. The experienced player have just not been good enough in recent weeks - Mulcahy and Brennan were overrun last night - I thought last march that Brennan was a great signing as he started that season really well, was getting on the ball and trying to make things happen, but he has been annomyous recently - not what we need at this stage of the season. We have no firepower and rarely have anything on the bench that would change a game. It may be too late but i wonder is rovers Purcell looking for another club?????????

Hulsey
29/09/2009, 10:15 PM
After the last 2 weeks performances i think we are definitely going down now - 2 home games and no points registered was a disaster to be honest. Now i know that there are plenty of games left and galway pulled it off last year but we didnt have enough fight in us the last couple of weeks to give us any cause for encouragement. The experienced player have just not been good enough in recent weeks - Mulcahy and Brennan were overrun last night - I thought last march that Brennan was a great signing as he started that season really well, was getting on the ball and trying to make things happen, but he has been annomyous recently - not what we need at this stage of the season. We have no firepower and rarely have anything on the bench that would change a game. It may be too late but i wonder is rovers Purcell looking for another club?????????

I think Purcell wouldn't be available for selection untill the start of next season anyway

The Fox
30/09/2009, 7:11 AM
If he was released from his contract is he not a free agent?

Hulsey
30/09/2009, 3:00 PM
As far as I know he would have had to be a free agent before the transfer window closed for him to be signed and eligible to play for anyone else