PDA

View Full Version : Game Tuesday?

Iorfa2MaccaJim
27/09/2009, 2:01 PM
I was just wondering, will many of ye come down to The Crystal City on Tuesday night, for the match. I'm really looking forward to it. Of course we have the added spice of our former manager returning.

How do ye think it will go ?

De Town
27/09/2009, 2:54 PM
Marty will be there. That'll be it. Lose 7-0 I'd say.

Longfordian
27/09/2009, 3:15 PM
I'll go for 2-0 Waterford. Can't see us getting anything though absolutely anything can happen in this division. There'll probably be 5-6 Longford fans there. The usual suspects that dont miss any game anywhere if they can avoid it. God love them they've had to endure some crap this last couple of years.

Keen2win
27/09/2009, 3:34 PM
There will be about 10 I'd say!

Martinho II
28/09/2009, 10:04 AM
yep I m headin down to it its a good reason to get off the stresses of work...Is Waterford Crystal gone for good now?

Salmon Coloured
28/09/2009, 10:24 AM
Will hopefully get there myself.

Tallanted
28/09/2009, 11:18 AM
0-0 or 1-1 draw

blue til i die
29/09/2009, 3:55 PM
2-0 :cool:

Martinho II
30/09/2009, 9:36 AM
There were only four town fans at it including the bus driver! We were caught badly for their goal a long ball over the top their striker beat the offside trap and slotted it past Shanahan.My only criticism of Shanahan was that he could have come out a lot quicker..Otherwise we played well in patches without threatening their goalie.. Once Tom King and Mick Lee came on we played better.. Adrian Murphy wasnt on the subs bench or at the match tonight and from what i heard last night the prospects of keepin him are not great as he wants to return to the GAA...

RonnieB
30/09/2009, 9:42 AM
Ah **** the Gah

blue til i die
30/09/2009, 10:02 AM
Was pretty impressed with longford last night tbh. Kept the ball on the ground and tried to play proper football. Ye played very well at times without threatening devine too much. Good finish from our winger walsh for the goal, though he took aaaaages to put the ball in the net. We looked very tired but overall happy enough with the three points.

Martinho II
30/09/2009, 10:28 AM
Was pretty impressed with longford last night tbh. Kept the ball on the ground and tried to play proper football. Ye played very well at times without threatening devine too much. Good finish from our winger walsh for the goal, though he took aaaaages to put the ball in the net. We looked very tired but overall happy enough with the three points.

Waterford werent their normal selfs at all in the game.. Other Waterford fans that i spoke to can vouch for that as well!

eL Bettor
30/09/2009, 11:26 AM
Waterford werent their normal selfs at all in the game.. Other Waterford fans that i spoke to can vouch for that as well!

With Browne and Cummins missing and then Carey gone off injured the team weren't their usual selves, though I wonder if their night on the town on Saturday after the cup final had anything to do with it.

Longfordian
30/09/2009, 3:28 PM
Good to see Foley back hopefully he's fit for the next while, we could use some creativity.

L.T.F.C.
30/09/2009, 6:20 PM
Adrian Murphy wasnt on the subs bench or at the match tonight and from what i heard last night the prospects of keepin him are not great as he wants to return to the GAA...
no addition anyway.

Acornvilla
30/09/2009, 7:31 PM
hopefuly by next year we will have players of sufficent quality that he wouldnt really be missed anyway

Keen2win
30/09/2009, 7:55 PM
He's alright in fairness, but I wouldn't be losing any sleep if he left!

(I'm still losing sleep thinking about the sitters he missed in Bray!)

Tallanted
30/09/2009, 9:42 PM
Adrian Murphy wasnt on the subs bench or at the match tonight and from what i heard last night the prospects of keepin him are not great as he wants to return to the GAA...

Has a hamstring injury, it baffles me where some of the nonsense comes from on here sometimes.

Martinho II
01/10/2009, 9:53 AM
Has a hamstring injury, it baffles me where some of the nonsense comes from on here sometimes.

I only heard this last night. noone bothered to tell me that he was injured..at least it livens up the forum as it has got quite boring recently..

Tallanted
01/10/2009, 3:02 PM
i know people say it wont be a loss if he was gone and i have never been his biggest fan but if everyone put in the same effort and workrate as him then we would be alot higher up the league

Longfordian
01/10/2009, 3:15 PM
Yeah I think he's had a decent season all told. It took him a while to get back into the higher level of LOI football and he was never played on the wing before this season but he's made a good contribution. I'd keep him around anyway if he wants to stay on.

Martinho II
02/10/2009, 4:56 PM
Yeah I think he's had a decent season all told. It took him a while to get back into the higher level of LOI football and he was never played on the wing before this season but he's made a good contribution. I'd keep him around anyway if he wants to stay on.

in fairness to murph in a few games for us lately he was top notch .. the confidence is gradually returning.. that shot against galway that nearly crept in was the old murph! i have heard since then that my source was completely wrong in what he said so apologies for scaring ye all!:eek:it looks like he is not movin to gaa..