PDA

View Full Version : fr wishy washys el confessions/promises

Pages : [1] 2

the 12 th man
17/02/2004, 1:42 PM
statement from fr wishy washys press office
:while many of you my people, will freely admit to being lapsed catholics or whatever religion you are. fr wishy washy has taken the brave decision to come out of the closet and admit to you all that he is in fact a lapsed e/l league goer.

the good father has made a solemn promise to try to visit as many different e/l grounds in the forthcomming season as is physically possible.he will attend both premier and 1 st division games equally.he has also promised after each game to post here a completely unbiased comment on the games he attends and to also tell you all what he thinks of your ground/players/supporters/bar facilities etc.

feel free if you have any suggestions(that are not abusive:rolleyes: )to enhance both his visits to your grounds and your exposure to the great man.

pp fr wishy washy(he wishes you all well:D )

ps (his first visit was going to be milltown until we informed him about the situation there)

dortie
17/02/2004, 2:40 PM
As a loyal Roman Catholic I dont think I will honour myself with your presence Mucker :D

max power
17/02/2004, 3:08 PM
if you go to flancare avoid section O, a very strange group of people indeed and just aviod sligo in general its a kip.

TheRealRovers
17/02/2004, 7:45 PM
Originally posted by max power
just aviod sligo in general its a kip.
A bit like Longford so?;)

ramblers04
17/02/2004, 10:17 PM
ha ha do ya remember the time a fight broke out between ramblers and sligo fans up at yer place??

EireBadBoy
18/02/2004, 1:22 AM
Best stay away from The Brandywell right enough.....It's not safe apparently :rolleyes:

Oh hold on, if the good Father is'nt a Muck Savage he should be alright. Civilised people have been coming here for Years with no bother........

ramblers04
18/02/2004, 10:47 AM
brilliant atmosphere there!

max power
18/02/2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers
A bit like Longford so?;)

not really, its always raining down in sligo and the place is just so depressing.....

gustavo
18/02/2004, 11:22 AM
i havent heard of many sligo people having to go to college in longford over the years :rolleyes:

max power
18/02/2004, 11:24 AM
thats because we don't have a college, but then again i haven't heard of too amny people heading to sligo to see premier division football over the last few years either ????

dortie
18/02/2004, 12:47 PM
thats because we don't have a college, but then again i haven't heard of too amny people heading to sligo to see premier division football over the last few years either ????

Now Now....Mr Longford......Ye win one trophy and have your longest stint in the premier.....dont give you a right to consider yourself more superior than our friends in Sligo !!! :D

tut tut

max power
18/02/2004, 12:48 PM
yes it does, i have a big head now !!!!

Macy
18/02/2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by dortie
dont give you a right to consider yourself more superior than our friends in Sligo !!!
Well there's not many places worse than sligo anyway....

Schumi
18/02/2004, 1:00 PM
Athlone? ;)

max power
18/02/2004, 1:00 PM
no its sunny in scumlone sometimes, but then again the heat only makes the smell worse

A face
18/02/2004, 1:45 PM
not really, its always raining down in sligo and the place is just so depressing.....

Longford may have a better setup and play better football bit Sligo is a far better town than Longford, that has to be said.

It has been a while since i have been in Sligo (last time they were in top flight) but back then, Sligo town kicked the pants off anything Longford town had to offer, has to be said.

Sligo has far more pubs and (7-8) clubs from what i remember, and some were brilliant. (the others has ques going from one street to another so we didn't bother going in)
B&B's are far easier to come by aswell and shops and restaurants were better than Longofrd most definitely.

Longford is good, The Anvil, Blazers etc. .... cant go wrong. Dont get me wrong Longford is THE best away trip by far but to say it is better than Sligo is simply wrong.

max power
18/02/2004, 1:53 PM
so my thoughts are "simply wrong" because you say so ??

no doubt there are others beliefs i have that you can put me right on as well eh ??

i await your words of wisdom......

A face
18/02/2004, 2:05 PM
so my thoughts are "simply wrong" because you say so ??

no doubt there are others beliefs i have that you can put me right on as well eh ??

i await your words of wisdom......

No no no ...... maxy

I am saying that what i just wrote is my opinion and i think that you saying Longford is better is wrong. I am not saying that that is so. You can still maintain your opinion, no matter how right or how wrong it is.

Infact i dont mind that you have an opinion, go right ahead ... knock yourself out.

What is important here is perspective ....... "Perspective ?" i hear you say ......... YES ..... Perspective !! by this i mean ..... you are probably biased towards Longford, living there an'all where as i am from neither but have visited both, and would be non-biased.

But maxy ..... remember ..... it is OK for you have an opinion, i dont mind at all !!

max power
18/02/2004, 2:14 PM
where did i say that longford was better ????

longofrd is a hole in many ways, i'm not there very often and if i am its for football or to see my family, thats it....

but i can't stand the sligo town, depressing place...always raining and from a weekend i spent there nothing to do, and it was raining that weekend too...my sister went to college there and i wnet to visit her, awful time.

through my dj work i have played all over the country and sligo would be one of the places i can't stand working in.

A face
18/02/2004, 2:19 PM
where did i say that longford was better ????

longofrd is a hole in many ways, i'm not there very often and if i am its for football or to see my family, thats it....

but i can't stand the sligo town, depressing place...always raining and from a weekend i spent there nothing to do, and it was raining that weekend too...my sister went to college there and i wnet to visit her, awful time.

through my dj work i have played all over the country and sligo would be one of the places i can't stand working in.

Fair enough man, you're opinionated on it. Anytime i was there it wasn't raining so i could have seen a totally different town.

max power
18/02/2004, 2:20 PM
i have my feeling and it would take a miracle to change my fiews

dortie
18/02/2004, 2:53 PM
Where did this 'hate' relationship between Longford and Sligo materialise ??? Does it stem back to both clubs spending long periods in the first division together ....enlighten me please :D

BTW: Id prefer Sligo for a night out on the tiles before Longford :p

Heres my list of favorite spots in Eire.....(for drinking and womanising...not that i do that anymore Sssh)

1. Cork....Ya they love the Derry 'boy' accent :D ..you know LIKE
2. Belfast....Donegal Celtics bar is class hi..
3. Bundoran....on our way back from Longford...nice cultured town
4. Limerick....good nightlife....not really that ruff like is it :rolleyes:
5. Waterford...in good weather i feel im away foreign
6. Dundalk.....again nice social club...nice dancers nearby
7. Galway.....always feel like im on my holidays
8. Sligo........The journey is really short for a change at 2 hrs
9. Drogheda....again a shorter Journey
10. Dublin...never seem to be out of it...do enjoy the odd night

max power
18/02/2004, 2:54 PM
its my own thoughts on sligo, i don't hate it i just dislike it and HATE having to spend time it in

i rather a night out in cavan than longford, great town...

the 12 th man
18/02/2004, 3:11 PM
"my impending visit to the flanciro stadium"

i have bee advised on my visit to the magnificent flanciro stadium to make sure i make a visit to "section o".
i was wondering would the good people on section o like to join me in a quick decade of the rosary before kick off as i can bring some print outs to hand around to the good people .

i have heard there are some beautiful voices to be heard every week on the terraces singing merrily away and maybe you might join me in a few hyms maybe

fr ww:D

max power
18/02/2004, 3:21 PM
i would stay away from those riff raff in section O, they have filty mouths on them, those in the cheap seats and all that,

you would be much safer in the stand with us civilised persons....

but i do think some holy water poured over section o would be a help

TheRealRovers
18/02/2004, 5:50 PM
Originally posted by ramblers04
ha ha do ya remember the time a fight broke out between ramblers and sligo fans up at yer place??
Ya but it wasn't a fight more like a heated argument Cobh fans should know better then going into the Shed that's a no go area for away fans

Where did this 'hate' relationship between Longford and Sligo materialise ??? Does it stem back to both clubs spending long periods in the first division together ....enlighten me please
There is no hatred coming from Rovers' supporters it Longford doing all the hating but as the Shed sings "No one likes us we don't care"
Any way what's in Lonford that's so good?

ramblers04
18/02/2004, 8:48 PM
"No one likes us we don't care"

ye robbed that from millwall didn't ye????

ya all of us 20 rams fans weren't a bit scared!
we don't give a **** if we were in your 'shed' or not...... it looked more like a small ****in barn or stable to me??!!!!

TheRealRovers
18/02/2004, 8:57 PM
ya all of us 20 rams fans weren't a bit scared!
we don't give a **** if we were in your 'shed' or not...... it looked more like a small ****in barn or stable to me??!!!!
We got our self's a keyboard warrior on foot.ie

EireBadBoy
19/02/2004, 2:36 AM
brilliant atmosphere there!

Would that be The Brandywell where Finn Harps Fan's were under pressure because the Big Boys were going to batter them?

Surely not!!!:rolleyes:

How could anyone enjoy themselves in such a hostile atmosphere...oh, you said it was brilliant!!??!!!??!

Never mind Sligo V Longford........we have someone that dared enjoy themselves in The Brandywell here!! He must be 6' 9" and built like a Donegal out house!!

Hope you can excuse my sarcasm ramblers04...the next time you are ANY where near Derry, give me a shout and I'll feed ye Drink all night!! The first person to admit enjoying Derry hospitality.......

Hey, Schumi!! How come you have'nt mentioned how nice Derry was considering you drank in the Oak and sat in on an S.O.S meeting....V.I.P only???

the 12 th man
19/02/2004, 7:37 AM
re "arrival of father wishy washy at the x"

dear people of cork.

as you know i will be visiting the hallowed turf at the x shortly.
as well as giving your team and grounds etc the "holy once over"
i was just wondering how are the interviews going for the "cheerleaders"

are you down to the last 32, or is there still more beautiful girls to
"interview "for the position.as you understand my enquiry is purely on the platonic level as i feel they would add a lot of colour to the venue.

yours in holy sport

p.s are there many early house in the vicinity as i must have my
"1st of the day" at 07.30

ramblers04
19/02/2004, 11:31 AM
the brandywell is ****in unreal! iits the best away ground in ireland!!

We got our self's a keyboard warrior on foot.ie

shup up ya fag.. why didn't ye bring any fans to cobh after all your **** talkin up there.... oh were gonna batter ye in cobh and all this ****!!!

no1 came from sligo

Schumi
19/02/2004, 1:32 PM
Originally posted by EireBadBoy
Hey, Schumi!! How come you have'nt mentioned how nice Derry was considering you drank in the Oak and sat in on an S.O.S meeting....V.I.P only??? :D It goes without saying!

Derry is great, top place. I've really enjoyed all the trips I've made up there. The only downside is that it's so far away and there's no train there; four hours on a bus isn't too pleasant!

dortie
19/02/2004, 4:24 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
:D It goes without saying!

The only downside is that it's so far away and there's no train there; four hours on a bus isn't too pleasant!

Awwwwwwwww...think about what we go through then playing 5 Dublin teams in a 10 team league every year :rolleyes:

TheRealRovers
19/02/2004, 6:01 PM
shup up ya fag.. why didn't ye bring any fans to cobh after all your **** talkin up there.... oh were gonna batter ye in cobh and all this ****!!!

What the hell are you talking about:confused:

ramblers04
19/02/2004, 6:13 PM
thats what all ye ********s were shouting at us the the law was takin us out of the ground

Pauro 76
20/02/2004, 6:41 PM
Originally posted by the 12 th man
"my impending visit to the flanciro stadium"

i have bee advised on my visit to the magnificent flanciro stadium to make sure i make a visit to "section o".
i was wondering would the good people on section o like to join me in a quick decade of the rosary before kick off as i can bring some print outs to hand around to the good people .

i have heard there are some beautiful voices to be heard every week on the terraces singing merrily away and maybe you might join me in a few hyms maybe

Now Fr. Im sure you'd be offended by the shocking unholy choir singing going on. but im sure you've heard worse in confession. Will you be turning water into tonic wine for us? ;)

the 12 th man
23/02/2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
Will you be turning water into tonic wine for us? ;)

fr wishy washy replies:
"my son,while i like an intoxicating drink myself, i must have my morning constitutional (1 st of the day) at 07.30 every morning., i tend to tell you my brethern to steer clear of it.i have spoken about this at lenght in other posts on the site suffice to say that im very concerned about the effects it has on your inhibitions.
peoples resistance both to the pleasures of the flesh and to fighting,foul language etc are severly weakened by over indulgence in alcohol.

speaking of your request my son,the impossible i do on a daily basis but the mastery of the miracle is one i am still working on.

but on a once off basis i would consider (instead of arriving at the flanciro in a taxi) i might borrow "father murphys" hiace van and
fill it with that amber nectar they call "dutch gold".

this could be distributed to the people in "section o"and to the stands as a commeritive gesture to my visit.

yours in sport fr ww:D

ps i have spoken to tv3 and they have expressed an interest in doing a documentary series on my visits to the various e/l grounds.a working title of "on hallowed ground with father wishy washy" has been suggested

sylvo
25/02/2004, 2:46 PM
Father let me be the first to offer the invitation to you to grace us with your holy prescence @ station road newbridge, or as i refer to it the stadio via stazione, home to the el new'est club Kildare county. Although a lot of my following of county has to come from listening to rte's sport's report's and the local paper's, due to my missionary work here in north london trying to convert Arsenal and Spurs fan's to fan's of the el (we had success with 1 west ham fan who now also follow's county) but i still managed to get to quite a few game's last season and would be delighted to have you grace us, whenever they bother their arse to sort out the fixture's.
As for your pre 7,30 am bevvy, having no family in the Newbridge area,i have no idea as to the best early house's, but i will be making a lot of visit's back to Kildare this summer to work on my retirement home so your most welcome to drop by and have a couple of can's on the building site that i call my soon to be home.

PS father, are you any use with a kango hammer.

the 12 th man
25/02/2004, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by sylvo
Father let me be the first to offer the invitation to you to grace us with your holy prescence @ station road newbridge, or as i refer to it the stadio via stazione, home to the el new'est club Kildare county.

PS father, are you any use with a kango hammer.

fr wishy washy replies:
my son,thank you for your kind invitation to
kildare town.i would be delighted to pay a visit to your fine club ,when the fixture list is posted.
pray tell as regards your request about the kango hammer.it depends what you have in mind by being "any use" because a bishop in rome once did me a bad turn and i showed him a new use for a kango hammer.

ps .if you cant locate an early house for me in newbridge,the offer of a few cans in your building site will do fine as a build up to the match.

Aberdonian Stu
26/02/2004, 12:49 PM
Good day Father

On your trip to Belfield you'll do well to find an early house but there are a few in the City centre but for the true Belfieldian experience you should do the stations of the booze. First make your way to the Sports Bar on the far side of the campus before moving forth to the Forum bar, always nice in the afternoon but if the game is on a Saturday/Sunday (or even out of term) it shan't be open before crossing the campus to the Student Bar (closed on Sundays, but don't worry we play on Fridays normally)where hi-tech security won't bother asking for student cards. After that the best bet for food pre-match is to stay there as the restaurant next door isn't worth the risk.

Upon arriving in fair Belfield you'll find that if it's sunny the Cascarino (uncovered) stand offers the best view but for atmosphere you're best off staying at the end of the main stand nearest the entrance.

After the game is over the Montrose is a favourite retreat for UCD supporters. If you're still hungry you can risk a pizza there or take the safe option of the chipper down the road, it's called Cassoni's but we call it Igor's because of the guy who runs it.

pineapple stu
26/02/2004, 12:56 PM
Oh God please don't let those two start talking to each other...

Jebus Allah Dahamsta - make it stop!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

the 12 th man
26/02/2004, 1:09 PM
thank you for your kind invitation to the tour of belfield.

i would be delighted to attend ,and by sheer coincidence i am pulling out all the stops to indeed make belfield my first stop on my tour of the e/l, as much publised earlier.

your upcomming friendly this saturday against those lovely people from longford town is my aim right now.i just need a couple of things to happen and i should be able to confirm it later.

i would be delighted if you could confirm that kick off is at 3 pm and you still play on that pitch just off fosters ave???

yours in (holy)sport
fr ww :D

Colm
26/02/2004, 7:36 PM
Originally posted by the 12 th man
i am pulling out all the stops to indeed make belfield

Steer well clear of Belfield or you'll be put off watching Irish football forever.
It has to be the worst place ever to watch a football match.... crap stadium, no atmosphere and UCD!

sylvo
27/02/2004, 1:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by the 12 th man
[B]fr wishy washy replies:
my son,thank you for your kind invitation to
kildare town.i would be delighted to pay a visit to your fine club ,when the fixture list is posted.
pray tell as regards your request about the kango hammer.it depends what you have in mind by being "any use" because a bishop in rome once did me a bad turn and i showed him a new use for a kango hammer.

Father, i can now understand why bishop Eamon Casey spent so much time on the rip over here in London, or hanging out with nice american tourist's in Kerry, rather then get on the wrong end of a Roman holiday, I can't say i blame him.

Father i am most honered that you are going to take in the stadio via stazione in Newbridge as part of your tour of el ground's,. I'm sorry if i've missed lead you on the georgraphy of my soon to be home, i'm more in the north of the county where the lillywhite's and the royal's happily spend their day's by throwing insult's @ one another about all Ireland final win's and Graham, hank and trevor's perantage.
Father it would be a privallige for you to come and have your pre 7'30 am bevvy @ my modest eerrrr building site, due to my lack of knowledge of the early house's of Newbridge. In fact when I have returned from my abscence I have often found empty beer can's around my soon to be home making me belive that my building site has been used as an early house, a late house and an open air disco by some of my soon to be adolescent neighbour's. I have on one occasion found reason to belive my soon to be home has been used as a Japanise style luuurrvvv hotel, (but i'm not going to tell you how i found out that, your self being a man of the cloth.)
Maybe before the match you could give a sermon to the young eejit's of the area, maybe not so much about the danger's of underage drinking, but more so the danger's of drinking harp lager (which is mostly the empty's that i find) and about the damage it can cause to their stomach's and also the damage it can cause to their bathroom's a few hour's after they've drank that muck. Also if you could ask them to chuck their empty's in their mom and dad's back yard's instead of mine that would be most kind.
Father i look forward to welcoming you to the Stadio via stazione, just tell me what kind of beer, wine our spirit float's yer boat and i will have it on tap next to the cement mixer. ( that's where we have a double power point near where that yoke is.)

EireBadBoy
27/02/2004, 1:39 AM
What about Lent Father? Are you not spending 40 Days and 40 Nights in the Midlands? That is Ireland's Desert!! :p

the 12 th man
27/02/2004, 8:47 AM
visit to stadio via stazione

att sylvo:
my son,sorry to hear about your troubles vis a vis the empty harp cans.i suggest possibly a recycling drive in your area
might help your plight or possibly a few armed (machineguns preferably) security guards patrolling your building site.

i would be wasting my breath trying to preach to these delinquent youths about the dangers involved in imbibing such foul liquid suffice to say that you reap what you sow.

regarding my favorite tipple.i am partial to what the pope drinks (pints of creme de menthe)hence we are both carried around in chairs.
i am of course joking about that (old billy connolly joke).

i actually like a nice sherry or a dry white wine.if you cant supply either of those basically anything will do as long as you have a lot of it

fr ww

:D

sylvo
27/02/2004, 10:12 AM
No problem's father, i'll even get a few bottle's baileys in case you fancy mixing it with the creme de menthe.:D . and a few macine gun's from my Albanian friend's here in London for mixing with the local wild adolescent's.
:D

the 12 th man
27/02/2004, 2:59 PM
Originally posted by EireBadBoy
What about Lent Father? Are you not spending 40 Days and 40 Nights in the Midlands? That is Ireland's Desert!! :p

no, this year i have decided to do the opposite,i will in fact be doing things i dont normally do for the next 40 days.

as al pacino said in scarface (with his face covered in white powder)
:"remember the good old days,eating,drinking,and the f word."

the 12 th man
01/03/2004, 7:11 AM
date: sat 28 th feb 2004
venue:ucd belfield
weather:dry 8 degrees
pitch;dry, good covering of grass
attendance:200 aprox (including pat scully,schumi,fr murphy,tom the gom,longford mafia)
programme:n/a friendly

well it must be said from the outset that a very sluggish ucd team struggled right from the off to deal with a more lively longford side.in what was a very entertaining tie, the deadlock was broken after 15 mins by a stunning drive by pip keogh from outside the box which gave a briefly unsighted ucd goalkeeper no chance.
on the hour a longford venture int the ucd box ended up with a fantastic dive (come on lads you saw his gesture when he got up off the ground!!).the resulting penalty was dually converted by
man of the match barry ferguson.
legolas/dessie baker appears to be nearing match fitness as he has lost a bit of that spare timber he was carrying.
i sought out "tom the gom" for a comment about the sensational incident with the assistant ref near the start.as i approched him he turned to me and he shouted in my face"longford ,i tell yeh
they would want to get a team"????(he must have seen my collar).so i thought disgression being the better form of valor and all that and quietly let him be
(incidently did he look like a tramp/vagrant on saturday or is that his normal appearance??)

for more coverage see www.wishywashysport.net

Schumi
01/03/2004, 1:22 PM
Tom always looks like that!

I thought the penalty was fair enough, it was right beside me and I thought that he was taken down by our (otherwise excellent) right back.