PDA

View Full Version : How pumped would you be if both Reids and Finnan were called up today?

Murfinator
25/09/2009, 11:14 AM
The answer for me would certainly be "very" :D

However slim the chances are.

Manblue
25/09/2009, 12:51 PM
What time is this conference on??

backstothewall
25/09/2009, 1:20 PM
What time is this conference on??

I was wondering that

The squad i would like to see is

Given, Westwood, Stack, Finnan, Foley, Kelly, Dunne, O'Shea, St. Ledger, O'Dea, Ward, Kilbane, Lawrence, McGeady, Duff, Hunt, Andrews, Whelan, S. Reid, Delap, Keane, Doyle, Folan, Hunt

Triple cover at right back in case Finnan breaks down again. Would bring in Andy Reid in place of Stephen Reid if he isn't 100%. Its a pity Joey O'Brien isn't fit as he can cover both positions.

Would like to see Stokes back in the squad to consolidate his good start at Hibs but ran out of places.

But I'm sure Trap will find room for Keogh, Gibson, Nolan etc

drummerboy
25/09/2009, 1:23 PM
I was wondering that

But I'm sure Trap will find room for Keogh, Gibson, Nolan etc

Keogh is playing very well in the Premiership at the moment. Why on earth would Trap pick somebody like Stokes, who has failed in the Championship, and is now playing in an ever lower league.

backstothewall
25/09/2009, 1:33 PM
Keogh is playing very well in the Premiership at the moment. Why on earth would Trap pick somebody like Stokes, who has failed in the Championship, and is now playing in an ever lower league.

Because realistically neither of them should be getting on the pitch, and a call up would be a good boost for Stokes and could benefit his club form.

He's playing well in a good team sitting 3rd in the Scottish Premier League. And I would say its a bit early to say he has failed at any level. Its a bit harsh labelling someone a failure a couple of months after their 21st birthday. Kevin Doyle was still kicking about Cork at that age.

Jicked
25/09/2009, 1:35 PM

If Keogh wasn't in the squad people would be falling over themselves demanding his inclusion on the back of his Premier League performances. Once he's in the squad they see why he's playing for an extremely average team, and suddenly everyone turns on him in favour of Player X who is getting a game with Team Y and so must be a better option. Then Player X gets called up and the whole things repeats itself, it's just how things seem to work with the Irish fans.

backstothewall
25/09/2009, 2:08 PM
Thats because everyone has different opinions. Things would be a hell of a lot easier for Trap if all 5 million of us agreed on the right squad.

Personally I've never been a big fan of Keogh, though i can see he is beginning to look a lot more promising. Seems a very similar player to Keane though based on what he has done in his career so far.

Though if you look at the squad i listed i didn't pick either of them in my 24. All I said about Stokes is that a call up would do him good. And it would. Being an international does a lot for a player. For example I doubt St. Ledger would have gone to Middlesborough if not for the international experience he has gained

Colbert Report
25/09/2009, 2:15 PM
Does anyone know what time the squad will be announced? It is 3:15pm in Dublin right now.

boovidge
25/09/2009, 2:18 PM
I would be shocked if there is any change from the last squad apart from for injuries.

gufct
25/09/2009, 2:49 PM
Stephen Ward is out for 3 months so no chance of him making the squad.

Manblue
25/09/2009, 3:16 PM
Does anyone know what time the squad will be announced? It is 3:15pm in Dublin right now.

The time that appears next to your post is the correct Irish time, so it was. it is now 16.15, dunno what time it is on at unfortunetly

Colbert Report
26/09/2009, 3:12 PM
the time that appears next to your post is the correct irish time, so it was. It is now 16.15, dunno what time it is on at unfortunetly

25/09/2009, 8:15 am